February 2018 Federalist Party Convention Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 08:09:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  February 2018 Federalist Party Convention Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: February 2018 Federalist Party Convention Thread  (Read 3413 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: January 30, 2018, 04:36:59 AM »

X Leinad, People's Representative, Lincoln Elections Administrator, Beloved Elder Statesman, Former Holder of Most Offices, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera

(did you expect me to just sign my name? that would be sooooo boring...)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 03:54:53 AM »

I propose a merger of the Liberty or Death and the Coolidge Society caucuses. I also support the idea of a merger of the Perot Group and the Non-Interventionists.

On the former note, I think it would make more sense to rebrand the Coolidge Society into more of a socon/"True Conservative" group now that there is a solidly libertarian one--maybe with RFayette or Potus in charge or something. (Just names I'm throwing out, please no one think I'm volunteering anyone for anything Tongue)

On the latter note, two points:

-I like the idea of smaller caucuses that encapsulate a certain set of issues, i.e. being more focused, complimenting larger, broadly-focused caucuses like Liberty or Death! that serve a certain tentpole ideology of the party (the "right triangle" of moderatism, libertarianism, and conservatism) across the board. It makes sense to have one for reform-type stuff whether it's a conservative, a moderate, or a libertarian supporting those issues, and another for opposition to war, which can also come from many different points on the spectrum of domestic issues.

-Why would we combine the Perot Group and Non-Interventionists? That seems to defeat the idea of focus on a certain thing. And if the idea of narrow-focused caucuses is something only I like (which is a possibility I guess Tongue) then why would we keep them around at all? If anything it would make sense to merge Non-Interventionists into Liberty or Death!, and merge the Perot Group into the Main Street Partnership (which makes sense given that I think LT might technically be in charge of the Perot Group since he was Vice-Chair of it--so they're basically pseudo-merged already Tongue), so we only have the broadly-focused caucuses.

Just my two cents--sorry if I got too rambly Tongue
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 09:03:18 PM »

X cinyc
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies