The Official Fox News/Google Debate Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 05:31:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Fox News/Google Debate Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official Fox News/Google Debate Discussion Thread  (Read 29688 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: September 22, 2011, 10:56:36 PM »
« edited: September 22, 2011, 10:58:32 PM by Torie »

Folks here seem to be missing that Perry is allowing Mitt to appear to move to the right of him, especially on immigration.

After watching tonight, Perry is done, long-term, which leaves Mitt as the only announced candidate with a chance at the nomination.  Watch.

Better late than never Sam. Smiley  But Perry is the best thing that ever happened to Mitt. He gets a chance to appear adult, and more knowledgable, and nuanced, again and again, while Perry and Bachmann and Santorum chew each other up. I'm sure Mitttens hopes they all stay in through Florida. After that, it's over.

Oh, one other thing: as each drops out, they will endorse Mitt.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 11:01:35 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2011, 11:05:21 PM by Torie »

Her message was that Obama's exit is in the bag, so Pubbies should feel free to unleash themselves, and go for the well, rigid impractical and unwise ideologue, who has no clue as to how it all works, or what Americans really expect from government, and don't expect. It was well - kind of disturbing.  Disturbing in the sense that it brings to mind that I hope Pubbies don't believe that BS, and don't think Bachmann's vision of things is theirs.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 11:24:34 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2011, 11:30:26 PM by Torie »

Sam, old chap, testosterone does not equal "slumber." Tongue  You really need to get out more. Did you really think Perry was remotely viable - ever?  How long has it been since you've been in Texas?  Just asking. The last bit was serious actually.  

Oh by the way, I am listening at the moment to the first part of the debate without watching it, because it's in another room. Do you know who Perry sounds like, and I mean really sounds like? Yes, Al Gore. Yes he does. It's almost eerie.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 11:26:35 PM »

Folks here seem to be missing that Perry is allowing Mitt to appear to move to the right of him, especially on immigration.

After watching tonight, Perry is done, long-term, which leaves Mitt as the only announced candidate with a chance at the nomination.  Watch.

Better late than never Sam. Smiley  But Perry is the best thing that ever happened to Mitt. He gets a chance to appear adult, and more knowledgable, and nuanced, again and again, while Perry and Bachmann and Santorum chew each other up. I'm sure Mitttens hopes they all stay in through Florida. After that, it's over.

Oh, one other thing: as each drops out, they will endorse Mitt.

I dont think Mitt will get all of them in the end. Paul won't drop out. I liked that Cain was getting quite a bit of vp love. The anti-Romney is Ron Paul not Perry. La ti da will come back to bite Perry.

Paul can and has made quite a few inroads to the evangelical community and we haven't forgotten.

Paul won't be endorsing, won't ever drop out, and won't ever win. He's sui generis. He's Don Quixote, and he's actually becoming a bit more likable - toning done his old man whine schtick a bit.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 11:55:28 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2011, 12:05:36 AM by Torie »

Sam, old chap, testosterone does not equal "slumber." Tongue  You really need to get out more. Did you really think Perry was remotely viable - ever?  How long has it been since you've been in Texas?  Just asking. The last bit was serious actually.  

I was in Texas about a month ago.  I get out enough already.  I do live in NYC, after all.

I think you know my feelings about Perry, both before and after he announced.  This is pretty well-documented on the forum.

Slumber was a poor word choice; stupor is far better.  As in "Being in a stupor from watching a dull Republican debate, Sam Spade improperly used his vocabulary to describe Torie's lack of judgment in determining which political candidates to support and his inability to admit mistakes in making said choices."

OK, but Sam, I admitted that I have found Huntsman to be a disappointment, even though I think he would be a competent President, and I admitted that Obama has been a "huge disappointment."  One thing I think I do OK, in part because I'm old, and have a certain self confidence, is that when I think I made a mistake, I have no problem admitting it. I make a lot of mistakes in life - a lot. But somehow I still seemed to manage. I guess it's a batting average thing.

Anyway, I hope I didn't offend you Sam. I josh a lot. I hope you know that, and that I am always interested in what you have to say. I wouldn't say that, if I didn't value what you had to say.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 12:12:41 AM »
« Edited: September 23, 2011, 12:20:37 AM by Torie »

Oh Sbane, I like Huntsman a lot, and his points of view most closely comport with mine. He's disappointing because he's insufficiently effective, and just frankly, does not have the depth of Mittens. I really sense that. The rest of the field of course in my opinion just isn't in their league. They are the serious adults. JMO opinion of course.

Anyway, Huntsman is no longer in the hunt. Mittens isn't going to stumble. He's dominating.

By the way, in listening to the debate now. Santorum seemed to just say, that if he were President, not only gays in the military should go back into the closet, but also heteros. Yes, I started laughing uncontrollably. So much silliness ... so little time. Bless Rick though for making me smile.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 12:25:31 AM »

Who's the "white knight" who will save us all Sam?  And if you say, be patient, I will whip your ass!  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies