Which of the following movies would you let your 10 year old watch? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:51:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Which of the following movies would you let your 10 year old watch? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which of the following movies would you let your 10 year old watch?  (Read 2527 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: December 27, 2007, 09:06:02 PM »

I don't have a ten-year-old, but I have a three-year-old.  I look into my DVD collection and see Requiem for a Dream, Reservoir Dogs, Reflections of Evil, and Truth or Consequences.  I consider them all to be good movies, but obviously they were all bought by me some years ago.  I never realized how violent my tastes were in movies till he was born.  Nowadays, we buy Dora and Diego and animated Dinosaurs.  My wife won't even let me watch Family Guy in front of my son.  In all honesty, it's a good call.  Glad she's around.  I haven't seen many of the movies you have mentioned, but here are those that I have seen:

The Matrix
Alpha Dog
American Pie
Caligula
Sin City
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Titanic

Of those, I think only American Pie and Titanic are appropriate for my son to watch, although I have no doubt he'd be bored to tears within the first three minutes and want to watch something else.  In fact, I cannot imagine any ten-year-old wanting to sit through Titanic.  I was 29 when I watched it and could barely contain my boredom even at that age.  American Pie, on the other hand, was hilarious for me (who can't help but remember the many uses for tube socks?), but I'm not sure a ten-year-old would really appreciate the humor.  The others are too violent, imho, or have scenes that I just don't care to explain.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies