The Examiner: Election Tracker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:29:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 80
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 194179 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: April 19, 2009, 09:41:45 AM »

Well, I have a feeling by the end the RPP will do a good job of that Smiley

Inactive voters ahoy!
Compared to the JCP, we have nowhere as many as inactive voters.  Other than a few new people who is really inactive?  Almost everyone of our people holds office or at least has ran for one.  You can't really play the inactive voter card with us.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #876 on: April 19, 2009, 09:45:40 AM »

Inactive voters ahoy!
Compared to the JCP, we have nowhere as many as inactive voters.  Other than a few new people who is really inactive?  Almost everyone of our people holds office or at least has ran for one.  You can't really play the inactive voter card with us.

Don't play the "we have office holders" cards, since holding an office is by no means a guarantee of activity. As we have seen many, many times with all parties.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #877 on: April 19, 2009, 09:48:35 AM »

Inactive voters ahoy!

To be fair, I think people were focusing on some of the newbies, like Luis Gonzales who registered April 1st and confirmed he was 'recruited'. We have not seen him since and now he turns up and votes. People are going to be concerned about this, particularly if it looks as if they are being 'bused in.'
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #878 on: April 19, 2009, 09:52:30 AM »

To be fair, I think people were focusing on some of the newbies, like Luis Gonzales who registered April 1st and confirmed he was 'recruited'. We have not seen him since and now he turns up and votes. People are going to be concerned about this, particularly if it looks as if they are being 'bused in.'
People made the same claims about other recruits such as Dead0man and Dan Adams who have been or still are Lt. Govs. and convention delegates as well as Sen. Smid who is among our parties most highly respected and active individuals.  As the fact that Luis Gonzalez didn't declare a candidacy two days after joining a sign of inactivity?  I think not
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #879 on: April 19, 2009, 09:54:44 AM »

People made the same claims about other recruits such as Dead0man and Dan Adams who have been or still are Lt. Govs. and convention delegates as well as Sen. Smid who is among our parties most highly respected and active individuals.  As the fact that Luis Gonzalez didn't declare a candidacy two days after joining a sign of inactivity?  I think not

Luis Gonzalez made like two posts in Fantasy Elections, all in the New Register Thread. I'm not asking him to run for office, but at the very least, ask around, ask candidates questions, hell, there's even a ConCon going on!
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #880 on: April 19, 2009, 09:55:56 AM »

People made the same claims about other recruits such as Dead0man and Dan Adams who have been or still are Lt. Govs. and convention delegates as well as Sen. Smid who is among our parties most highly respected and active individuals. 

Grateful for citations where posters accused Smid of being inactive.
(Daniel Adams was almost invisible until you decided to take charge of the Southeast and get some propositions going again the other week, so I'd consider the charge in his regard to be fairly valid.)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #881 on: April 19, 2009, 09:58:05 AM »

That's not what I was getting at. I know what newbies can do, I saw PS's enthusiasm and elevated him to the Assembly when I was governor and now he's running a mile a minute! You can tell an active newbies, they pop in the Forum, they pop in and comment on things in the Fantasy Forums and begin to become involved. I do hope that Luis does the same, but as I was saying you can see why some people may be concerned because we've heard nothing from him for nearly 3 weeks on the fantasy forums.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #882 on: April 19, 2009, 10:01:04 AM »

Luis Gonzalez made like two posts in Fantasy Elections, all in the New Register Thread. I'm not asking him to run for office, but at the very least, ask around, ask candidates questions, hell, there's even a ConCon going on!
So you are going to complain about that?

Excluding Luis Gonzalez, the following people have voted for me:
2 Senators (myself, MasterJedi)
1 Governor (Duke)
1 Lt. Gov. (Daniel Adams)
and BrandonH who is a Fmr. Sen. Gov. and AG and presidential candidate

Would you consider any of those people inactive?

SPC's voters:
RowanBrandon posts on this board often asks questions and ran for governor
SPC and PiT are senators
Inks is a governor
NCYankee ran for VP with me and did a lot of campaigning
Persepolis has shown interest in the Mideast assembly
Dead0man is a convention delegate

I'm not sure about tmthforu94, but if so we have 1 inactive voter?  

Now let's look at DA voters:

When was the last time DaveHawk did anything in fantasy politics? Hughhento? Jamespol? Fritz?  

So is it who is truly inactive?  Don't try and play that card on us, you are obvoiusly confusing us with someone else
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #883 on: April 19, 2009, 10:02:34 AM »

That's not what I was getting at. I know what newbies can do, I saw PS's enthusiasm and elevated him to the Assembly when I was governor and now he's running a mile a minute! You can tell an active newbies, they pop in the Forum, they pop in and comment on things in the Fantasy Forums and begin to become involved. I do hope that Luis does the same, but as I was saying you can see why some people may be concerned because we've heard nothing from him for nearly 3 weeks on the fantasy forums.
My point remains is even if Luis Gonzalez had been registered for six months and not posted anything, having 1 inactive voter out of 16 is a better percentage than any other party can claim.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #884 on: April 19, 2009, 10:03:39 AM »

Grateful for citations where posters accused Smid of being inactive.
(Daniel Adams was almost invisible until you decided to take charge of the Southeast and get some propositions going again the other week, so I'd consider the charge in his regard to be fairly valid.)
Smid was accused of being inactive, he didn't join near an election cycle and get his feet wet before an election occured.  Daniel Adams has been a convention delegate participating there and has been involved in the propositions.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #885 on: April 19, 2009, 10:07:02 AM »

Now let's look at DA voters:

When was the last time DaveHawk did anything in fantasy politics? Hughhento? Jamespol? Fritz?

Oh goodness, thanks for telling me that Dave, Hugh, and James had joined the DA! Sure didn't get that newsflash.

Anyways, these voters are not members of the DA and I have never personally PMed them to vote. Others might've, but as President of the DA, I never told them to vote.

Fritz is a distinguished former Atlasian who has returned, and has already involved himself by asking questions and taking a position in the ConCon. I have no doubts he'll be active.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #886 on: April 19, 2009, 10:34:04 AM »

Well, this is uncomfortably close.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #887 on: April 19, 2009, 10:38:19 AM »

'Tis indeed. This is starting to remind me of the Northeast February Senate race.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #888 on: April 19, 2009, 11:01:04 AM »

Fritz is a distinguished former Atlasian who has returned, and has already involved himself by asking questions and taking a position in the ConCon. I have no doubts he'll be active.

Thank you, I was about to say something to that effect.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #889 on: April 19, 2009, 11:28:46 AM »

The Examiner Senate Election Tracker - Update

Last Voter: Disraeli
Total Valid Votes Cast: 56
Current Quota: 10

Count 1Votes
afleitch9(Speed of Sound, Hawk, Hash, AndrewCT, Verin, bullmoose, Lunar, Gustaf, afleitch)
Lief9(opebo, Lief, Earl, Marokai, Smash, Eraserhead, MaxQue, GMantis, Preston)
Bacon King9(Bacon King, Al, BRTD, bgwah, Rob, Ogre Mage, Ebowed, Sensei, Meeker)
South Park Conservative9(benconstine, RowanBrandon, South Park Conservative, dead0man, Persepolis, tmthforu94, PiT, Inks, NCYankee, Disraeli)
Franzl8(Franzl, Verily, idealist, Happy, Torie, Moderate, Jamespol, hughento)
DownWithTheLeft6(DownWithTheLeft, AHDuke, Jedi, Daniel Adams, BrandonH, Luis Gonzalez)
Purple State6(Purple State, Fritz, Lewis, devilman, CultureKing, Peter)

Nobody reaches the quota.
The lowest candidate, Purple State, is eliminated and his votes redistributed.
(Notes: Candidates on the same number of 1st preferences above are ranked by total 2nd preferences. afleitch=11; Bacon King=9; Franzl=10 [9 3rd prefs]; Lief = 10 [4 3rd prefs]; SPC=6; DWTL=8; Purple State=2.)

Count 2Votes
Franzl11(+3: Purple State, Lewis Trondheim, Peter)
afleitch10(+1: devilman)
Lief10(+1: Fritz)
Bacon King10(+1: CultureKing)
South Park Conservative9
DownWithTheLeft6
Purple State0(-6)

Franzl is elected with a surplus of 1.
afleitch, Lief and Bacon King elected without a surplus.
Franzl's surplus though isn't sufficient to change the outcome, so the count ends with the following elected:
Franzl, afleitch, Lief, Bacon King, SPC.
[/quote]
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #890 on: April 19, 2009, 11:30:02 AM »
« Edited: April 19, 2009, 11:37:15 AM by Jas »

Last Voter: Winston Disraeli
Total Valid Votes Cast: 56

Count 1Votes
afleitch9(Speed of Sound, Hawk, Hash, AndrewCT, Verin, bullmoose, Lunar, Gustaf, afleitch)
Lief9(opebo, Lief, Earl, Marokai, Smash, Eraserhead, MaxQue, GMantis, jokerman)
Bacon King9(Bacon King, Al, BRTD, bgwah, Rob, Ogre Mage, Ebowed, Sensei, Meeker)
South Park Conservative9(benconstine, RowanBrandon, South Park Conservative, dead0man, Persepolis, tmthforu94, PiT, Inks, NCYankee, Winston Disraeli)
DownWithTheLeft6(DownWithTheLeft, AHDuke, Jedi, Daniel Adams, BrandonH, Luis Gonzalez)

(Notes: Candidates on the same number of 1st preferences above are ranked by total 2nd preferences - afleitch=11; Lief=10; Bacon King=9; SPC=6; DWTL=8; Purple State=2.)

Count 2Votes
South Park Conservative9
DownWithTheLeft6
Purple State0(-6)

afleitch, Lief and Bacon King are elected without a surplus.
Only 2 candidates remain active - seeking the final seat, SPC and DWTL. As Franzl's surplus is insufficient to change their ordering, SPC is deemed elected to the final seat.

#1 Franzl
#2 afleitch
#3 Lief
#4 Bacon King
#5 South Park Conservative
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #891 on: April 19, 2009, 11:30:57 AM »

1-1 Lewis!
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #892 on: April 19, 2009, 11:33:43 AM »

Winston Disraeli is not a registered voter.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #893 on: April 19, 2009, 11:34:56 AM »

Your last update said ten. Huh
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #894 on: April 19, 2009, 11:37:03 AM »

Sorry typo. 10 it is.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #895 on: April 19, 2009, 11:42:16 AM »

Anyone looking into this? He's not on the registered voter roll, nor has he registered since the last time the roll was updated (in March).
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #896 on: April 19, 2009, 11:43:20 AM »

Mmm...
He doesn't appear to be on the voter roll, but he did register on 11 April. I'm not sure how long before the election you have to register in order to be valid. Anyone know the current law on this?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #897 on: April 19, 2009, 11:44:42 AM »

You're right; he registered too late.

Last Voter: Winston Disraeli
Total Valid Votes Cast: 55

Count 1Votes
Lief9(opebo, Lief, Earl, Marokai, Smash, Eraserhead, MaxQue, GMantis, jokerman)
South Park Conservative8(benconstine, RowanBrandon, South Park Conservative, dead0man, Persepolis, tmthforu94, PiT, Inks, NCYankee, Winston Disraeli)

(Notes: Candidates on the same number of 1st preferences above are ranked by total 2nd preferences - afleitch=11; Lief=10; Bacon King=9; Franzl=10 (I think); SPC=6; DWTL=7; Purple State=2.)

Count 2Votes
South Park Conservative8
DownWithTheLeft6
Purple State0(-6)

afleitch, Lief and Bacon King are elected without a surplus.
Only 2 candidates remain active - seeking the final seat, SPC and DWTL. As Franzl's surplus is insufficient to change their ordering, SPC is deemed elected to the final seat.

#1 Franzl
#2 afleitch
#3 Lief
#4 Bacon King
#5 South Park Conservative

Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #898 on: April 19, 2009, 11:44:56 AM »

Mmm...
He doesn't appear to be on the voter roll, but he did register on 11 April. I'm not sure how long before the election you have to register in order to be valid. Anyone know the current law on this?

Oh, you're right. I missed that going through the voter registration thread. But I think the limit is seven days before the election, in which case he wasn't registered in time anyway.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #899 on: April 19, 2009, 11:54:10 AM »

C'mon first preferences Wink

And just as a quick defense of Fritz, he gave his reason for giving me his first preference. I didn't lobby him at all. It seems as though he looked into the options and made a real decision.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies