The Examiner: Election Tracker
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:15:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Examiner: Election Tracker
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 80
Author Topic: The Examiner: Election Tracker  (Read 194174 times)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: March 10, 2009, 11:08:10 AM »

HappyWarrior is one of my oldest allies in Atlasia.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #701 on: March 10, 2009, 11:17:18 AM »

I hereby declare my support for HappyWarrior.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #702 on: March 10, 2009, 05:46:43 PM »

DWTL for PPT!
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #703 on: March 11, 2009, 04:40:57 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2009, 07:56:01 AM by Jas »

The Examiner
11 March 2009

DWTL Support Slips

DWTL's bid to become Senate PPT hit a rough patch yesterday as it became apparent that he had overestimated his support in the race against HappyWarrior (DA-ME). Vice President Meeker (JCP-PA) has made clear than DWTL (RPP-SE) cannot necessarily count on his vote, should a tie arise, noting that "HappyWarrior is one of my oldest allies in Atlasia". Clarifying his comment, the Vice President described himself as "legitimately undecided" and noted that his primary concern was that his involvement in running Senate affairs be kept to a minimum.

Following the VP's remarks, DWTL stepped up his campaign for the post. Admitting to being both angry and overconfident, DWTL stated that he has "no intention of turning PPT into a partisan office" and criticised HappyWarrior for running as an anti-DWTL candidate.

MasterJedi for HappyWarrior
A more concerning development for DWTL than the VP's equivocation, has been the overt loss of the support of the newest RPP Senator, MasterJedi (RPP-MW). Criticising DWTL for being "too arrogant" and recalling the significant moderate support he garnered in his Midwestern Senate campaign, MasterJedi declared his support for HappyWarrior.

Describing the development as "disturbing", DWTL nonetheless remained overtly confident declaring "I still have the votes".

----

afleitch Announces Senate Bid

afleitch (DA-ME) has announced his bid to return to the Senate through the mid-term elections next month. As part of the campaign launch, afleitch unveiled his working paper policy document 'Welfare to Work' which proposes labour market/welfare reform in a bid to tackle unemployment.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #704 on: March 11, 2009, 12:51:03 PM »

Just for the record, I will not be supporting Mr. DownWithDaLeft for President Pro Tempore under any circumstance. In fact, if he is somehow elected to the position, I will resign on principle.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #705 on: March 11, 2009, 04:39:19 PM »

Just for the record, I will not be supporting Mr. DownWithDaLeft for President Pro Tempore under any circumstance. In fact, if he is somehow elected to the position, I will resign on principle.
Good thing I put myself on the line to get you elected Tongue
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #706 on: March 12, 2009, 04:37:14 AM »
« Edited: March 12, 2009, 11:48:22 AM by Jas »

The Examiner
12 March 2009

BaconKing to Resign if DWTL Elected PPT

In the latest significant development for the PPT race, Sen. Bacon King (JCP) has announced he will resign if DWTL is made PPT.

The Bacon King statement is the strongest statement of opposition yet to DWTL's run for the office and follows a day after RPP member MasterJedi indicated he would not be supporting his party leader due to DWTL's arrogance. As of this morning, Sen. realisticidealist (JCP) and Sen. Lief (SDP) appear to be the only Senators who have not declared their support for either DWTL or HappyWarrior, the remainder being split 4-4.

DWTL Move for Control
In related news, DWTL asserted yesterday his right, as Dean of the Senate, to exercise Senate powers, only to revise his position due to his confusion over the terms of the Dean of the Senate section of the Senate rules.

Vice President Meeker advised DWTL that any actions he purported to take as Dean would be out of order and was supported in this assessment by former PPT Verily.

----

Position of SoFA Called Into Question

Following the unexpected and as yet unexplained continued absence of SoFA EarlAW, President bgwah has for the second time exercised his prerogative to certify election results, confirming the elections of Franzl and MasterJedi following last weekend's special elections.

Position Untenable?
The certification delay drew criticism from across the political spectrum. As stated by afleitch: "Elections need to be certified. Unfortunately given the delays in last weeks races and the races the week before that, the SOFA's position is in danger of becoming untenable".

The calls for Earl to be removed escalated to an open petition established by Senator SPC calling for the removal of Earl from office. Notable other voices calling for Earl to go include his SPD party colleagues, AG-nominee Marokai and SPD General Secretary MaxQue.

As of yet, there has been no statement from The White House on Earl's position.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #707 on: March 12, 2009, 10:44:57 AM »

Wow, things have REALLY changed in the few months that I've been away.

Time to pick the mantle back up and restart the fight for common sense and justice against a new enemy!

LIEUTENANT GOVERNOR POWERS ACTIVATE
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #708 on: March 12, 2009, 11:43:57 AM »

Jas, I assume it was just you misreading the name, but it's "Realisticidealist", not "Radicalidealist".
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #709 on: March 12, 2009, 11:49:40 AM »

Jas, I assume it was just you misreading the name, but it's "Realisticidealist", not "Radicalidealist".

You're quite right. For some reason I got it into my head some time ago that his name was radicalidealist and it seems to have stuck. Thanks for pointing it out, and apologies to realisticidealist - no offence intended.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #710 on: March 12, 2009, 01:23:03 PM »

You're quite right. For some reason I got it into my head some time ago that his name was radicalidealist and it seems to have stuck. Thanks for pointing it out, and apologies to realisticidealist - no offence intended.

Hey, it's not the first time someone has done that. Wink
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #711 on: March 12, 2009, 01:31:31 PM »

Time to pick the mantle back up and restart the fight for common sense and justice against a new enemy!

What about the fight against common sense and justice? Sad
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #712 on: March 12, 2009, 01:39:15 PM »

What about the fight against common sense and justice? Sad

We entrust that job to you...
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #713 on: March 13, 2009, 04:42:01 AM »

The Examiner
13 March 2009

SoFA AWOL

Following calls for the removal of SoFA EarlAW from office (see The Examiner, 12 March), President bgwah has made known his efforts to discuss the situation with Earl prior to making a decision - it seems that the President may be disposed toward holding on to Earl as SoFA, presuming he can commit to timely certifications in future. Given that Earl hasn't been active on the Forum since early on 9 March, it's unclear just how long the President will have to wait for a reply.

In order to guage public reaction, The Examiner is now polling on this issue and encourages its readership to add their opinion to the mix.

----

realisticidealist nominates DWTL for PPT

Following the opening of nominations for PPT by the Vice President, Sen. realisticidealist (JCP) has nominated DWTL for the job, despite the threatened resignation of his party colleague, Sen. Bacon King, should DWTL be elected (see The Examiner, 12 March). The move strongly indicates that DWTL has a 5th and potentially crucial non-RPP vote in his race against Sen. HappyWarrior for the position.

Only Sen. Lief has offered no indication of which way he may vote in this election.

----

Q: Sign or Veto? A: Both!

Mideast Governor Inks has signed the Libel and Slander Peanalization Act into law...after he vetoed it.

Gov. Inks initally vetoed the measure after misunderstanding certain key provisions. Upon clarification, Inks, in a potentially unprecedented decision, revoked his own veto and proceeded to sign the bill into law (something which The Examiner would wonder about being procedurally sound).

Inks admitted to feeling foolish and dumb following his misinterpretation of the bill after reading it 5 times.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #714 on: March 13, 2009, 08:44:35 AM »

Seems like dodgy reporting to suggest that DWTL has a vote from realisticidealist...
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #715 on: March 13, 2009, 09:23:10 AM »

Seems like dodgy reporting to suggest that DWTL has a vote from realisticidealist...

I'd stand by the report that the nomination is suggestive of support - but I'll grant that we can't make a definitive conclusion based on that alone.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #716 on: March 13, 2009, 09:26:44 AM »

Unless you have heard something to contrary
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #717 on: March 13, 2009, 09:42:11 AM »

Unless you have heard something to contrary

The tone in which it was posted. It would suggest to me the opposite of an indication of support, or at the least an indication of indifference. Journalism needs to take this sort of thing into account.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #718 on: March 13, 2009, 11:02:35 AM »

I object to the headline. The SoFA is absent with my official leave.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #719 on: March 13, 2009, 11:28:28 AM »

I object to the headline. The SoFA is absent with my official leave.

Exactly. "Absent With Official Leave". Tongue
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #720 on: March 16, 2009, 04:57:33 AM »
« Edited: March 16, 2009, 09:33:03 AM by Jas »

The Examiner
16 March 2009

Earl Apologises; Wants to Remain SoFA

The SoFA, EarlAW, has apologised for his recent absence which delayed the certification of the recent Special Senate Elections. In a statement from the DoFA, Earl accpeted he has been unable to "fulfil [his] duties in a timely fashion", but expressed his strong desire to remain in the post ("I would love to continue"), preferably with a Deputy SoFA.

In the recent Examiner Poll Results, less than 8% of Atlasians felt that Earl should remain as SoFA. The vast majority, 81%, indicated their preference was that Earl should resign.

It seems clear that despite the lack of public support, Earl appears to retain the confidence of President bgwah who has since followed the SoFA's advice and moved to appoint TCash as Deputy SoFA.

The Examiner supports the appointment of TCash, but would advise the executive to ensure that the manner and form of the appointment is in compliance with the Deputy SoFA Act.

----

Editorial: On the PPT Election

"It is also the PPT’s responsibility to present himself/herself to the rest of the Senate as an exemplary member and to make sure that the Senate’s debate remains civil and orderly at all times."

So says the rules of the Senate. With the PPT election underway, The Examiner feels it appropriate to highlight and underline the standards expected of that office.

Since our last edition, PPT-nominee DWTL has branded his fellow PPT-nominee HappyWarrior a "lousy Senator" and has dubbed his RPP colleague, MasterJedi "BenedictJedi" for not supporting him in this campaign. Digging through the Senate archives, it is not difficult to compile a list of similar remarks directed against many others.

The Examiner does not believe the behaviour of DWTL is in line with that which is required of the PPT, indeed we feel it is unbecoming of his Senatorial position. We urge all Senators to consider carefully which candidate they feel can best live up to those terms required of the PPT as set out in the Senate rules above. The Examiner has no doubt that Sen. HappyWarrior fits that profile best and accordingly endorses his candidacy for the position.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #721 on: March 16, 2009, 05:13:38 PM »

I would also like to take the time to annouce that I will be seeking another term in the senate because the recent shenangians.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #722 on: March 16, 2009, 05:15:27 PM »

I would also like to see where I have showed conduct not fit for senator during official senate business.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #723 on: March 16, 2009, 05:16:02 PM »

I would also like to take the time to annouce that I will be seeking another term in the senate because the recent shenangians.

what exactly caused you to change your mind?

Not that I mind...keeps things interesting Smiley
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #724 on: March 16, 2009, 05:17:53 PM »

what exactly caused you to change your mind?

Not that I mind...keeps things interesting Smiley
I really expected to become PPT, move forward SPC's legislation and then be done with the senate nad move on to other things, most likely becoming Dirty South governor if Duke is elected president.  However, I now must stay in the senate as it is unlikely that my goals will be accomplished.

I thought we had five senators that were willing to work on it, but MasterJedi has proved a continual disappointment and crybaby.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies