The National Weekly Atlasian
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:53:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 69
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 172918 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: February 23, 2009, 01:52:33 AM »

I crunched the numbers for turnout by party:

8/9 DAers voted, or 88.9%
16/21 RPPers voted, or 76.2%
12/17 JCPers voted, or 70.6%
3/6 HTUPHWEPpers voted, or 50%
9/24 SDPers voted, or 37.5%
1/12 NLCers voted, or 8.3%

I'm surprised Bacon King didn't vote.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #626 on: February 23, 2009, 01:56:40 AM »

Wait, where has BK been?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #627 on: February 23, 2009, 02:41:03 AM »

I crunched the numbers for turnout by party:

8/9 DAers voted, or 88.9%
16/21 RPPers voted, or 76.2%
12/17 JCPers voted, or 70.6%
3/6 HTUPHWEPpers voted, or 50%
9/24 SDPers voted, or 37.5%
1/12 NLCers voted, or 8.3%

I'm surprised Bacon King didn't vote.

I was too. He did say though that he didn't know who he would support in my Senate race.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #628 on: February 23, 2009, 07:43:49 AM »

Now, calculate the % of total voters that are zombie/inactive voters. The number will be staggering, methinks.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #629 on: February 23, 2009, 11:03:15 AM »

GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #630 on: February 23, 2009, 02:43:53 PM »

Now, calculate the % of total voters that are zombie/inactive voters. The number will be staggering, methinks.
What is the definition of a zombie/inactive voter?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #631 on: February 23, 2009, 03:37:30 PM »

What is the definition of a zombie/inactive voter?

I would classify them as those who serve no active role in Atlasia, whether it be elected office, party politics, or just plain old general and constructive discussion. If you're last constructive appearance in Atlasia was the last election when you voted, you are a zombie voter.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #632 on: February 23, 2009, 06:37:38 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2009, 12:06:38 PM by Senator SPC »

Now that that election's over, I will introduce a new tracker:

Interim Elections

Midwest Senate Runoff (TOSSUP-->RPP PICKUP)
Fmr. Senator Masterjedi
Governor GMantis

District 1 Special Election (TOSSUP-->DA PICKUP)
Attorney General Franzl
Fmr. Attorney General BrandonH
Marokai Blue

Gains for each party from the beginning of last Senate:
RPP 3-->5 (+2)
SDP 3-->1 (-2)
JCP 1-->2 (+1)
DA 2-->2 (0)
I 1-->0 (-1)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #633 on: February 23, 2009, 08:05:06 PM »

February Regional PVI Scores Out
by South Park Conservative

Here are the scores for February, with the change from December's scores in parentheses:

Mideast: Democratic Alliance +48.3 (+63.5)
Midwest: Horse, etc. Party +36.6 (+69.3)
Northeast: Democratic Alliance +21.4 (+61.2)
Pacific: Jesus Christ Party +74.5 (+19.9)
Southeast: Regional Protection Party +82.5 (-5.7)

Interesting that 3 out of five regions switched parties from two months ago.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #634 on: February 23, 2009, 08:13:52 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2009, 08:39:36 PM by Senator SPC »

National Weekly Atlasian Archive Project

We at the National Weekly Atlasian are proud to announce that we will be archive all of our past news stories for easier access. This is a work-in-progress.

June 2007

Exclusive Interview With True Democrat by South Park Conservative
Excluside Interview With Polnut by South Park Conservative

July 2007

Contested Elections in Northeast, Midwest by South Park Conservative

Exclusive Interview with DWTL by South Park Conservative
Exclusive Interview with TN2024 by South Park Conservative
TrueDemocrat Concedes Northeast Senate Race by South Park Conservative

Exclusive Interview with Ebowed by South Park Conservative

Exclusive Interview with Sam Spade by South Park Conservative

Exclusive Interview with Rockefeller Republican by South Park Conservative

GPorter, Naso launch Presidential Campaigns by South Park Conservative

Exclusive Interview with Mike Naso by South Park Conservative

Fairness to the Officeholder Amendment Likely to Pass
District 1 Special Voting Booth Opens by South Park Conservative

Fairness to the Officeholder Amendment Passes
EarlAW wins Special Election by South Park Conservative

The Significance of Kevin by South Park Conservative

Exclusive Interview with Hashemite by South Park Conservative

Hashemite-DWTL Debate on the Environment by South Park Conservative and Sensei

Governors Redistrict for Senate Elections
Environmental Debate Gains Interest by South Park Conservative
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #635 on: February 23, 2009, 08:59:04 PM »

February Regional PVI Scores Out

Here are the scores for February, with the change from December's scores in parentheses:

Mideast: Democratic Alliance +48.3 (+63.5)
Midwest: Horse, etc. Party +36.6 (+69.3)
Northeast: Democratic Alliance +21.4 (+61.2)
Pacific: Jesus Christ Party +74.5 (+19.9)
Southeast: Regional Protection Party +82.5 (-5.7)

Interesting that 3 out of five regions switched parties from two months ago.

The DA is pretty strong in the Northeast & Mideast. I'm rather impressed, I must say.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #636 on: February 24, 2009, 02:00:30 AM »

Attorney General Identified in Hacking Ring
by Governor Duke of the Dirty South

The web of corruption that has plagued Atlasia in recent months got a little bit thicker, when sources within the Atlas moderator team and RPP forum team confirmed that IP addresses matching those of Attorney General Franzl were logged illegally accessing an account on the forum. This news come on the heels of former Attorney General Xahar's one year ban from the game for being indicted in the same activities. It is unknown whether Mr. Franzl is working with Mr. Xahar in receiving account information, but sources tell us that he and several others are involved and continue to engage in the unauthorized access of both RPP and Atlas forum accounts. It is unclear whether this will effect Mr. Franzl's senate run or not. More on this story as we receive more information.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #637 on: February 24, 2009, 05:41:23 AM »

The web of corruption that has plagued Atlasia in recent months got a little bit thicker, when sources within the Atlas moderator team and RPP forum team confirmed that IP addresses matching those of Attorney General Franzl were logged illegally accessing an account on the forum. This news come on the heels of former Attorney General Xahar's one year ban from the game for being indicted in the same activities. It is unknown whether Mr. Franzl is working with Mr. Xahar in receiving account information, but sources tell us that he and several others are involved and continue to engage in the unauthorized access of both RPP and Atlas forum accounts. It is unclear whether this will effect Mr. Franzl's senate run or not. More on this story as we receive more information.

what?Huh

Which Atlas account am I supposed to have gained access to?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #638 on: February 24, 2009, 06:38:31 AM »

I would like to say as a moderator that there has been (until, like, a few minutes ago; and by me as well) no mention of anything like this on the moderator board.

People are free to read into that whatever they like.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #639 on: February 24, 2009, 09:01:00 AM »
« Edited: February 24, 2009, 09:12:56 AM by Senator PiT »

Franzl was not acting in conjunction with Xahar in the hacking of the RPP Forum account. He was acting on his own, I'm pretty sure.

EDIT: To clarify, he acted without Xahar asking or knowing. He did get the info to do it from Xahar.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #640 on: February 24, 2009, 09:10:26 AM »

Was that real or just  swipe?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #641 on: February 24, 2009, 09:15:03 AM »

Please go to my campaign thread for further clarification.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #642 on: February 24, 2009, 09:33:45 AM »
« Edited: February 24, 2009, 09:35:32 AM by MasterJedi »

I would like to say as a moderator that there has been (until, like, a few minutes ago; and by me as well) no mention of anything like this on the moderator board.

That's because I only confirmed it last night and had more important things to do (college hw) than to post anything about it right away. I just left it to those that found out about it in the first place.

So to Franzl, they thought it was you who was on the RPP forum but they didn't have anything concrete until yesterday.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #643 on: February 24, 2009, 09:35:22 AM »

Please go to my campaign thread for further clarification.

Neat trick to get me to your campaign. Wink

That's because I only confirmed it last night and had more important things to do (college hw) than to post anything about it right away. I just left it to those that found out about it in the first place.

Can we get a clarification then? That was quite a load to leak without some form of confirmation.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #644 on: February 24, 2009, 09:37:03 AM »

I don't know if he accessed anything here but he accessed someone's account through Xahar on the RPP forum.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #645 on: February 24, 2009, 09:39:34 AM »

So to Franzl, they thought it was you who was on the RPP forum but they didn't have anything concrete until yesterday.

You're trying to tell me that these accusations have nothing to do with the Senate election? I wasn't born yesterday.

Especially the part about illegal activities in Atlasia.....these accusations are entirely baseless...I should know, as I've never had anything to do with taking control of anyone's account here.

What else is this but a dirty campaign trick?

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #646 on: February 24, 2009, 09:45:01 AM »

You're trying to tell me that these accusations have nothing to do with the Senate election? I wasn't born yesterday.

Especially the part about illegal activities in Atlasia.....these accusations are entirely baseless...I should know, as I've never had anything to do with taking control of anyone's account here.

All I have to say is you can believe whatever you want. I didn't find out until yesterday and checked to try and confirm so if you want to believe the RPP is out to get you go ahead, I'm not going to stop you or really care either way.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #647 on: February 24, 2009, 09:46:22 AM »

All I have to say is you can believe whatever you want. I didn't find out until yesterday and checked to try and confirm so if you want to believe the RPP is out to get you go ahead, I'm not going to stop you or really care either way.

Ah, so you're basically saying that it wasn't worthwhile until a candidate declaration was made?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #648 on: February 24, 2009, 09:50:34 AM »

Ah, so you're basically saying that it wasn't worthwhile until a candidate declaration was made?

No, what I'm saying is that I didn't find out until yesterday. They usually ask me right away to check any violations on the RPP forum. As I said if you want to believe they're just out to get you go ahead, I don't think so though. And stop getting mad at me for finding out you were on the RPP forum.

Just a thought though, and this isn't just for you: if people actually minded there own business (biggest case Xahar here) none of all this crap would have happened!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #649 on: February 24, 2009, 09:55:28 AM »

No, what I'm saying is that I didn't find out until yesterday. They usually ask me right away to check any violations on the RPP forum. As I said if you want to believe they're just out to get you go ahead, I don't think so though. And stop getting mad at me for finding out you were on the RPP forum.

Just a thought though, and this isn't just for you: if people actually minded there own business (biggest case Xahar here) none of all this crap would have happened!

Yes, the last part is true, and I agree in principle.

I just do find it quite interesting that you were only informed of this violation yesterday, that's all. Quite peculiar, if you ask me.

I do want to say, however, that I find it quite disturbing that the RPP has a private moderator that gives them any information they ask for.

Look, it was a bad idea...yes....but nothing resulted of it at all. I read a couple of threads...and I apologize for accessing the account (and I have apologized privately)...but I find it kind of crazy to take this case and turn it into a fullblown scandal as in Xahar's case. I think it's safe to say he wasn't just interested in the content of the forum.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 69  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies