John Bolton Says Ultimate Goal In Venezuela Is To Take Their Oil (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:17:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  John Bolton Says Ultimate Goal In Venezuela Is To Take Their Oil (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: John Bolton Says Ultimate Goal In Venezuela Is To Take Their Oil  (Read 2190 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: January 29, 2019, 03:15:39 AM »

did "we" get Iraq's oil?  Did I miss that part?  I know you parrots repeated it so often that you know it must be true, but for those of us that think a little more independently, can you give me something to read on the subject?

wait, let me guess, that's not really the point is it?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 07:16:47 AM »

Frankly, I'm surprised people think Venezuela has lots of oil to exploit. Ever since Chavez took control of PDVSA in 2002, it's continuously increased its reported reserves each year by ridiculous amounts despite not finding any significant new fields. I wouldn't trust PDVSA's declared reserves any more than I would any other statistical info from their government.

Good point....

At the same time we have tons of new Tech running out of Houston and elsewhere to turn what might have been minor oil fields, and extract much more using the new tools available....

We have seen similar Tech used to take marginal oil fields and turn around massive profits over the past decade or two in Texas and elsewhere.....

If that tech were suitable for Venezuelan oil fields, you'd think by now a Russian or Chinese oil company would've done so. That they haven't suggests one of two things. It ain't there, or even the Russians and Chinese weren't willing to seal with corruption as pervasive as Venezuela's kleptocracy.
or they lack the tech/haven't stolen the tech yet?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies