If the source, should Rove be jailed? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:55:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If the source, should Rove be jailed? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If Rove is the WH source in the Plame case, should he go to jail?
Yes

No

Not sure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: If the source, should Rove be jailed?  (Read 4491 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 13, 2005, 07:33:54 AM »

If he is guilty of intentionally "outing" her, he should be fired.  If he is guilty of a crime, he should be jailed.  If neither is the case, everyone needs to insert foot in mouth.  And finally, when all is said and done, and Rove is found to be clear of any wrong doing, I say he should step down graciously, just to remove the potential lightning rod out of the White House.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 11:07:07 AM »

So you support people who commit grand treason?

Do you mean "high treason?"
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 06:05:30 PM »

Well him saying that it was his wife qualifies & she was a covert agent. 

I have not seen anything yet showing Rove said Plame was a covert agent.  Reading the e-mails released to the public, there is nothing there other than Wilson received the mission from his wife, who was a CIA (note: nothing indicating covert) agent.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 07:14:24 AM »

His attorney is obviosuly going to try & put the best face on this whole situation, we will see what happens, but the bottom line is he did release information regarding an undercover CIA agent & that goes against what the administration was syaing prior to this revelation

She was not undercover at the time she sent her husband to Africa, but rather an analyst for the CIA on WMDs.  She had worked undercover in the 1990s.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 07:49:02 AM »

His attorney is obviosuly going to try & put the best face on this whole situation, we will see what happens, but the bottom line is he did release information regarding an undercover CIA agent & that goes against what the administration was syaing prior to this revelation

She was not undercover at the time she sent her husband to Africa, but rather an analyst for the CIA on WMDs.  She had worked undercover in the 1990s.

She was absolutely under-cover when she was outed.

She was undercover while working in Langley as an analyst?  I don't think so.  Unless CIA undercover agents make a habbit of hiding in the CIA headquarters . . . which might explain why we have a hard time getting good intelligence these days.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 12:02:30 PM »

Valerie Plame was covert.

The CIA says: "If she was not undercover, we would have no reason to file a criminal referral".

http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?ts=1&display=rednews/2003/10/01/build/nation/25-leak.inc

Any more grand treason apoligist talking points?

Your link isn't working, and it's not "grand treason." 
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 12:18:33 PM »

Valerie Plame was covert.

The CIA says: "If she was not undercover, we would have no reason to file a criminal referral".

http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?ts=1&display=rednews/2003/10/01/build/nation/25-leak.inc

Any more grand treason apoligist talking points?

Your link isn't working, and it's not "grand treason." 

The link works fine, and I love how the new talking points are to argue anything that can change the argument from Rove outted covert CIA agent Plame.

Please post either the whole article or the title of the article so I can find a mirror site.  The link does not work on my end.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies