The Sword of Damocles - (Sign Up Thread) - Closed, 2017 Game Next (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 04:33:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Sword of Damocles - (Sign Up Thread) - Closed, 2017 Game Next (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Sword of Damocles - (Sign Up Thread) - Closed, 2017 Game Next  (Read 40024 times)
leonardothered
United States

« on: May 13, 2016, 03:30:30 PM »

This looks really interesting but I'm a bit apprehensive as i know little of Europe's history aside from major events... Also I don't have a good grasp on politics so that makes it worse lol
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 06:00:31 PM »

USA is open hmm? ;}
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 06:18:17 PM »

I'm just nervous because I've never played a game like this and would probably make many mistakes.... Though perhaps that will add to the fun?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 06:27:50 PM »

Okay then I guess I'll pick FDR Wink
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 02:27:17 AM »

Well... I guess I am having my butt handed to me. Why does China hate me specifically? I mean I know I am ruling with fascist tendencies, but come on! I am giving them movies!

There's a number of factors to consider (there are some hints here and there), but specifically for the past results you got some of the most awful dice rolls I've ever seen when I simulated the Beijing coups. On the bright side, the Communists are losing ground.

Right, writing, researching and simulating all that took three hours, and I'm exhausted. You'll get the turn crisis later, so the turn hasn't started yet.

Excitement is mounting Smiley
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 12:27:25 AM »

I'd say that war crimes and things are very much part of the game, and some time an unintended effect of war depending on whose point of view the accusations come from. If anyone is worried about the more graphic side of politics... I'd steer away from America's posts Wink

When you play the game of... Republics, you win or you... Well go into exile
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 01:28:26 AM »

Orders will be sent in by tomorrow night. A busy bit of time to say the least but lots of thought Wink
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 11:18:19 PM »

I'm not worried, probably just very busy Smiley
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 02:29:45 PM »

I'd honestly just say restart the entire thing from original BoP. Isn't the whole idea behind ending that game that it was pretty much played out? As a new player it's difficult to jump into the enthusiasm of a nation that has already had multiple players over the course of multiple games. Why not try a new setting instead of hacking it together to try and make something that didn't work well in the first place continue to work only to fall short yet again and disappoint everyone

Just my two cents, I'd probably play either way but be more active in a new setting.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2016, 04:58:22 AM »

I am returning!!! Smiley

If I do not make a deadline I give permission to Lumine to autoroll my VP choice. My only internet is through phone so can be spotty
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 03:42:44 AM »

Thanks for the patience, gentlemen, I will be releasing periodically during Sunday after some much needed sleep. Just got through writing the US election, which I think will be an interesting result.

*guzzulp*
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2016, 02:43:29 AM »

These kinds of games are really difficult to run and require a lot of work. He ma not have found the time yet to fully update; the next one we run should have two different people in charge to help share duties, as they're very demanding. In my diplomacy games for example it would have helped a lot to have someone else do the population troop and resource counts while I handled events.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2016, 05:29:46 AM »

Yeah I had a list of questions but have got nothing back yet Sad
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2016, 02:06:25 AM »

I've done it twice so that's a bit disconcerting in regards to the messaging system lol
I am really just asking about my efforts regarding a central intelligence agency and after that I can move forward.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2016, 04:52:39 AM »

I got delayed by a series of tests in my university. I'll handle outstanding PM's and so on later, and then decide whether we go forward with a special round of peace talks (with other events frozen) or prolong the turn a couple more days.

Been quite busy as well so both options sound solid to me
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 05:38:58 PM »

I would probably be more interested starting from scratch rather than picking up someone else's stuff honestly and it would be easier to read up on the history.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 07:15:08 PM »

Considering how tightly wrapped up in present events currently I'm quite down for this. Hafnium bombs and mjolnir armor here we come...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies