Survivor megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:10:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Survivor megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Survivor megathread  (Read 16690 times)
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 28, 2019, 06:33:04 AM »

VERY late to the party, but I'm a major Survivor fan. I even have 36 buffs. This season sucks, though.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 10:01:29 AM »

So the season has concluded, and I didn't really like it that much. I'm hesitant to say that anyone was robbed, since getting the jury to vote for you is the bread and butter of Survivor, but it was as close to a "wrong" decision as I think there has ever been..
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 12:15:32 PM »

Loved the premiere.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 09:11:39 PM »

I really enjoyed the premiere. I've been watching the show regularly for five years now, but my mother tells me that she watched it during a brief hospital stay I had as an infant. In any case, it's a great show, and I look forward to seeing more of this season.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 07:11:39 AM »

I loved last night's episode. The blindside of Sophie was an amazing play. She had an idol and didn't see it coming.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2020, 08:28:17 PM »

Does anyone else here have a buff collection? I've been collecting them for four years now and have 44 different designs.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 10:24:23 PM »

I'm very happy with Tony's win. He deserved it.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 11:27:51 AM »

That's good news. I got Yara and Koru buffs for my recent birthday, and those are really beautiful in person.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2021, 10:43:02 AM »

Excited for the new season to start on Wednesday! Interesting to see how it is changed with the shortened schedule.

I'm thrilled even with the shortened game.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2021, 06:38:50 PM »

Probst's says that the 26 day thing might be here to here to stay. Hopefully that's not the case.

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-41-jeff-probst-26-day-game-instead-of-39/

It's here to stay. Once a company starts realizing they can spend less money, they usually won't go back to spending more money. CBS exists to make a profit, which is why I propose nationalizing the TV network.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2021, 09:19:58 PM »

That was a great premiere. But I'm not going to spoil it, so instead I'll tell the story of the first time my mother watched the show, one she's told me.

The year was 2000, and a certain Atlas user was six weeks old and in the hospital for meningitis, and my mother watched it to distract herself from what was happening to me. She didn't pick it up again for about fifteen years. I'm 21 now and it's hard to believe I was that sick when I was that small. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2021, 02:05:37 PM »

It's been confirmed that Season 42 will have all the same advantages as Season 41. As a longtime fan of the show, what's the point in me watching if it's the same season with different people?
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2022, 07:57:05 AM »

I've heard Australian Survivor is better than American, but I haven't been watching it.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2022, 10:43:58 AM »

A few episodes in: is anyone else loving this season? I think it’s certainly leagues better than 41 at this point if only for the lesser focus on advantages and more well-rounded editing in general.

I wouldn't call the editing well-rounded; Ika got no confessionals last week. That being said, it's better than 41.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2022, 06:33:01 PM »

Also some sad news today:

RIP FF.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2022, 07:02:49 AM »

I met Jonny Fairplay, Figgy, Taj, and Keith & Whitney at a watch party in Nashville for tonight's episode.

Dude, that's awesome!
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2022, 01:38:10 PM »

I was pretty surprised to learn that Nneka was a Republican too.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2023, 06:26:25 PM »

I hate-watched the premiere. Survivor is unfortunately a withered husk of what it once was.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2023, 02:43:05 PM »

The last episode can be summed up in one word: Disastrous.

Honestly, in some ways Jeff Probst is a lot like Donald Trump. People were so outraged by having a mandatory fire challenge at final four, and his strategy to handle the backlash was to add more and more crazy twists. Now mandatory F4 firemaking is probably the 15th thing people want gone. I might be done with the show after this season.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2023, 07:49:41 AM »

I agree with you that the extra time will either revitalize the show or make it drag even further. Unfortunately, I think it's the latter. Just look at Probst having Rick Devens co-host the podcast.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2023, 05:14:11 PM »

The part about pyramid conspiracies had me cracking up.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2024, 12:47:28 PM »

I love how there's a guy on this season named Q. Yes, I know it stands for Quintavius. But it just cracks me up given that this is a political forum. And yeah, Jelinsky was very entertaining - as soon as he threw that hourglass on the ground, I strongly suspected they were setting him up to be the first boot. It was glorious.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2024, 07:18:10 AM »

Lately I've only been tuning into Survivor because The Amazing Race is right after it. I'm on my phone half the time because it's just not as interesting in the New Era. I guess the several jokes are amusing, but when the season's first boot is the most memorable cast member, you've got a problem.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2024, 12:34:58 PM »

Lately I've only been tuning into Survivor because The Amazing Race is right after it. I'm on my phone half the time because it's just not as interesting in the New Era. I guess the several jokes are amusing, but when the season's first boot is the most memorable cast member, you've got a problem.

You know, I actually think 46 has been a solid-for-the-new-era season of Survivor, but TAR 36 has been one of the most boring Amazing Race seasons.  It's hurt by having a covid season air after a normal season did in the fall (filmed out of order).

Also, I'm strongly rooting for Boston Rob on Deal or No Deal Island, if anyone's been watching that.

This is true, but I'm really enjoying this Amazing Race season relative to expectations. There are lots of teams who don't know what they're doing, which is entertaining.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies