Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 04:26:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17
Author Topic: Yank for Senate HQ (Victory Speech)  (Read 37347 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: September 10, 2010, 10:31:57 PM »

Thanks to all that have endorsed me thus far. Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #201 on: September 11, 2010, 12:22:02 PM »

Endorsed.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #202 on: September 11, 2010, 12:53:32 PM »

Endorsed
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #203 on: September 11, 2010, 10:18:06 PM »

Endorsed!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #204 on: September 23, 2010, 11:45:41 PM »

Campaign Ad-

I am NC Yankee and I approve this message!

Announcer: Today, Atlasia faces a dearth of activity and a lack of engaged leaders. We need experienced leadership for the Imperial Dominion of the Southeast and for Atlasia with a history of activity. NC Yankee has been that leader. Working accross the aisle to respond to economic crises, holding appointed officials accountable and pushing the Senate to be more active and productive. NC Yankee, experienced leadership which we can rely on. 

This campaign ad is paid for by the Yankee for Senate campaign
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #205 on: September 24, 2010, 06:04:47 PM »

Yank, now you have my 200% cross-regional and cross-party endorsement.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #206 on: September 25, 2010, 07:31:51 PM »

Campaign Ad-

I am NC Yankee and I approve this message

Old Man #1: Some reform and change!
Old Man #2: More innactivity, incompetent Gov't officials
Old Man #1: Whose is going to have to deal with the consequences?
Young Woman: You're looking at her!
Old Man #1: We need someone who fight who will hold these people accountable.
Young Woman: Thats why I'm supporting NC Yankee, he thinks like we do
Old Man #2: He is fighting to hold the officials accountable
Old Man #1: And prodding the Senate to be more active
Old Man #2: NC Yankee it is
Old Man #1: Got that right

The Yankee for Senate Campaign is responsible for this advertisement
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #207 on: September 25, 2010, 07:38:33 PM »

Campaign Ad-

I am NC Yankee and I approve this message

Old Man #1: Some reform and change!
Old Man #2: More innactivity, incompetent Gov't officials
Old Man #1: Whose is going to have to deal with the consequences?
Young Woman: You're looking at her!
Old Man #1: We need someone who fight who will hold these people accountable.
Young Woman: Thats why I'm supporting NC Yankee, he thinks like we do
Old Man #2: He is fighting to hold the officials accountable
Old Man #1: And prodding the Senate to be more active
Old Man #2: NC Yankee it is
Old Man #1: Got that right

The Yankee for Senate Campaign is responsible for this advertisement

You can have me appear as well, lol.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #208 on: September 25, 2010, 07:53:38 PM »

Press Release -

The NC Yankee for Senate campaign would like to wish its thanks to the "Friends of Yankee" PAC for organizing the internet money bomb held on Friday which raised $4.5 Million dollars in 24 hours. The grassroots fundraising have been a big part of Senator Yankee's campaign and we wish to thank all our wonderful supporters for their generous contributions to the Senator's Campaign. We will be releasing the full month's fundraising totals on October 1st.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #209 on: September 27, 2010, 07:35:03 PM »

Duke PAC would like to announce it raised $7.5M for Senator Yankee in his reelection bid. We now present you with this check.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #210 on: October 03, 2010, 12:11:32 AM »

Press Release -

The campaign wishes to congratulate its volunteers, donors and supporters for achieving a strong fundraising quarter. In the month September, the campaign raised a total of $15.4 Million dollars. We look forward to their continued strong support as we pushed forward to victory in October.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #211 on: October 03, 2010, 12:42:10 AM »

Townhall in Memphis, TN

Ladies and Gentleman if you have any questions I will answer them. The first one will be from the lady in the Red sweater on our left.

"Hello, my name is Ellen, and I would like to now what your opinion is on the new Game Moderator and how will you work to help him improve the position"

Yankee: Thanks, Ellen! That is a wonderfull question. The Game Moderator is an important position and I have a history of working and pushing to make sure that we have and active and passionate Game Moderator, and that he is able to use creativity while still meeting demands of the game. I have a lot of faith in Badger to get the job done. He certainly has lot on his plate and I must say the bills I will be introducing will make his first few days in office very rough.

Now you sir in the hat up front.

"Good evening!, My name is Fred and I would like to now what your plan is to deal with the economy?"

Yankee: Very important! I have always been one to rank the economy as a priority. We have taken action in the past to stimulate economy and I have voted to extend and expand the Emergency Credit Access act, the original bill in 2009 was written and sponsored by me. This will expand access to credit to numerous small businesses allowing them to create jobs. Another measure was brough forth to boast construction by spending on our delapidated highways. I am certainly partial to such an endevour but its small size led me to question its effectivenesss as stimulus and as such if its not stimulus then it should have been funded. I did vote a for a massive expenditure in infrastructure as part of the Recovery Act in 2009. I think its critical longterm to promote an effective education system, to maintain support for technology, and improve the business environment.   

And you sir in the blue shirt

"My name is Thomas and I would like to now what your opinion is of the AndrewCT's candidacy?".

Yankee: I think he is a great candidate, I will be supporting him in the up comming election and I think all the attacks about it being "Hamiltons handpicked candidate" are just ridiculous considering how this ticket was practically dead and was only resutitated at the last minute. Hamilton had no say and it could just as easily fell through and been some other candidate. And I gurrantee you our leftwing friends would label any ticket as "Hamilton's choice". It just shows how little they have left of substance, so they resort to insults and personal attacks.

Okay the woman with the green hat

"My name is Janet and I want to know why you voted for the Stimulus bill in 2009?"

Yankee: It's an important question. At the time, we had a very serious crisis and it was important to do something in response. I feel that the bill, as it ended up, was the best we could get and that only work it done to that by offering my support for the final product if thats what it looked like. If I had been a nay vote from the start, it would likely have been far worse, including counterproductive protectionism and nationalization of industries. I do think the Stimulus was necessary and that it helped boost the economy. But we would be ridiculous to think that a short term blip in Gov't spending will create growth long term, it can only jumpstart it. Only private sector investment, innovation and entrepreneurship can create long term growth and gov't policy should seek to encourage and support it and it should never get in the way of it unless for public safety or well being. That has not happened to a degree, one of the most important ways to support it, is to provide, rule of law, domestic stability, and consistency in enforcement of laws and we haven't had that, due to gov't incompetence.

I am afraid we are out of time, thanks for your questions, Good night and Dave Bless Atlasia!!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #212 on: October 03, 2010, 11:53:31 PM »

Ladies and Gentleman if you have any questions, my door is open. Smiley
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #213 on: October 06, 2010, 07:59:30 AM »

Bonne chance, mon pote !

Endorsed of course !
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #214 on: October 06, 2010, 08:05:07 AM »

VK Reporter: Sir, are you worried about Mr. SPC, making a noinses about his mysterious internal poll, where he claims to have a lead?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #215 on: October 06, 2010, 10:28:13 PM »

VK Reporter: Sir, are you worried about Mr. SPC, making a noinses about his mysterious internal poll, where he claims to have a lead?

I never claimed to have lead in this race. Yankee's own poll is evidence that the race is closer than one would expect, and to claim that my support has "collapsed" is disingenuous since the poll showing Yankee with a larger lead was taken first.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #216 on: October 06, 2010, 11:55:51 PM »

I never claimed to have lead in this race. Yankee's own poll is evidence that the race is closer than one would expect, and to claim that my support has "collapsed" is disingenuous since the poll showing Yankee with a larger lead was taken first.

Actually that it is not factually accurate. Yours was both first and last. Tongue You ran it for five days meaning that best chance for exposure to as many voters as possible. My poll which was started a day after yours ran for three days and was finished while yours still had a day to go. TRC's poll also showed me with a 2-1 lead at the same time. Tongue

And ftr the record, I was just trying to juice things up, SPC, as things are kind of dull. In some ways most of what I do has that in mind actually.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #217 on: October 10, 2010, 07:00:15 PM »

Excerpt from an Address to the Atlanta Regionalist Chapter
Atlanta, Georgia
           It has become common on both the left and the right to criticize and attack my record as Senator and claim I am not a loyal Regionalist. This just poppycock. I have dedicated the better part of two years to the cause of Regionalism. We came the closest to seeing Regional Senate seats abolished ever. The only reason we didn't, is because I reached out across the aisle and made key alliances to insure that the amendment to abolish Regional Senate seats failed. If Mr. SPC thinks that he can mislead the voters of the IDS by pulling out a single bill from last year and say that "He is not a committed regionalist", he is wrong. I pose the question then, "Would SPC have been able to get very liberal members of the Senate to come over to his side to defeat a bill to abolish Regional Senate Seats"? That is the question that the voters of the IDS will get to answer. SPC has been in the Senate before, he was often, disrepected and ignored by the other side of the aisle. If you have no regard for some the bills that I have voted for, you can atleast acknowledge the positive impact they had on my ability to fight for other more important Regionalist causes. I think you will agree preserving Regional senate seats is far more important, then ensuring the defeat of some electric power entitlement....
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #218 on: October 10, 2010, 09:45:24 PM »

Could you provide citation for said bill to abolish regional senate seats? Additionally, the idea that my election would put regional senate seats in jeopardy is ludicrous; Such a proposal would require support from 7 senators, when we both know that one would be hard-pressed to find 7 senators to favor abolition of regional senate seats. Given that you are the Dean of the Senate and supposedly have so much sway among your fellow Senators, why not propose legislation to grant the regions more power, rather than simply trying to maintain the status quo?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #219 on: October 10, 2010, 09:51:29 PM »

Could you provide citation for said bill to abolish regional senate seats? Additionally, the idea that my election would put regional senate seats in jeopardy is ludicrous; Such a proposal would require support from 7 senators, when we both know that one would be hard-pressed to find 7 senators to favor abolition of regional senate seats. Given that you are the Dean of the Senate and supposedly have so much sway among your fellow Senators, why not propose legislation to grant the regions more power, rather than simply trying to maintain the status quo?

I did not say your election would put them in danger. I said I am a more effective advocate of Regional rights and used that as evidence to support it.

I don't have the link available. But it was last November. And yes it was very close to passing. The final results just don't show how close we came. With Rowan facing potential prosecution and expulsion from the Senate, Franzl having shifted against regions and Afleitch on the fence. It looked like we were going to lose. Especially before Hans succeeded Jas.

You don't remember this? At all? 
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #220 on: October 10, 2010, 10:30:33 PM »

I did not say your election would put them in danger. I said I am a more effective advocate of Regional rights and used that as evidence to support it.

I don't have the link available. But it was last November. And yes it was very close to passing. The final results just don't show how close we came. With Rowan facing potential prosecution and expulsion from the Senate, Franzl having shifted against regions and Afleitch on the fence. It looked like we were going to lose. Especially before Hans succeeded Jas.

I think I figured out why you didn't cite the legislation in question (which I managed to find here, after searching through ten pages of Senate debates). Anyway, I combed through all fifteen pages of the bill's debate, and you only posted once to vote against it, while DWTL and PiT were actively arguing against it. I would hardly call that "effective" at persuading a supposedly hostile Senate to reject it, and I would say that you are giving yourself way too much credit for its defeat if at all. The legislation in question was not calling for the direct abolition of regional senate seats, but merely the devolving of authority on running Senate elections to the regions. While I don't favor electing senators on an at-large basis, its not as horrific as a federal mandata to do so. The fact the the anti-regionalist Franzl is now a member of the Regional Protection Party proves my point about how the Regional Protection Party has strayed from its original purpose.

Additionally, while I was doing your work for you in searching for the legislation in question, I also managed to find this bill in which you voted against competing currencies, which was a contested matter of debate for the original RPP.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #221 on: October 10, 2010, 10:39:32 PM »

I think I figured out why you didn't cite the legislation in question (which I managed to find here, after searching through ten pages of Senate debates). Anyway, I combed through all fifteen pages of the bill's debate, and you only posted once to vote against it, while DWTL and PiT were actively arguing against it. I would hardly call that "effective" at persuading a supposedly hostile Senate to reject it, and I would say that you are giving yourself way too much credit for its defeat if at all. The legislation in question was not calling for the direct abolition of regional senate seats, but merely the devolving of authority on running Senate elections to the regions. While I don't favor electing senators on an at-large basis, its not as horrific as a federal mandata to do so. The fact the the anti-regionalist Franzl is now a member of the Regional Protection Party proves my point about how the Regional Protection Party has strayed from its original purpose.

Additionally, while I was doing your work for you in searching for the legislation in question, I also managed to find this bill in which you voted against competing currencies, which was a contested matter of debate for the original RPP.

You have the wrong bill.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #222 on: October 10, 2010, 10:42:53 PM »

You have the wrong bill.

That was the only bill I could find in Novemberish that was related to regional senate seats. Do you mean to tell me that the Senate tried twice within a month to accomplish the same goal?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #223 on: October 10, 2010, 10:45:07 PM »

2009 not 2008 Tongue. And it is amazing that I posted in that thread, considering I wasn't even here when the 2008 debate occured.

This is the bill I am talking about:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=104848.0

To make it easier to pass, the supporters tried to pass this before they moved on the Seats:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=104302.0

And before that, much of the arguement occured here:
http://www.uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=103642.0

And who doesn't support Regions?
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=104302.msg2208013#msg2208013
http://www.uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=103642.msg2189475#msg2189475

SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #224 on: October 10, 2010, 10:53:18 PM »

That was a 2009 bill, and you even voted Nay, which was your only post in the thread.

Anyway, now that you've helped me locate the bill in question, I can see that you only made one comment during the whole debate, which was to make a sarcastic joke about Fritz's referring to regional senate races as uncompetitive. I didn't realize that your sarcasm was so effective at defeating legislation.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies