Progressive Union Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:04:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Progressive Union Party
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Progressive Union Party  (Read 5792 times)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 06, 2018, 08:18:34 PM »

I am a former member of the Federalist party, serving in the Southern Chamber of Delegates. I have decided enough is enough. Their tired corporate policies do nothing for the common man, with tons of bad trade agreements that ship jobs out of Atlasia and only stand to serve for Military industrialists that want to fight a bunch of wars overseas for profits. They frequently do corrupt backroom deals with countries like China and Germany to preserve their power and stagnant the progress of Atlasia. Atlasia has become a desolate place with decaying activity because people are tired of the Federalist machine calling all of the shots. The Federalist party does not care about you unless you are a part of their country club. And the Labor party has completely lost its touch and has become so utterly disorganized that it is a disgrace.

So here comes... the Progressive Union party.

Preserving Our Beautiful Nature

America was a nation of vast beauty. Forests and rivers could be seen all across America. Red Pandas used to be all across the land, and now they are near extinction as a result of evil Oil and Gas companies destroying their habitat just so they can make more money.

Anti-Consolidation

The political and corporate machine of Atlasia has prevented anyone from getting ahead unless they have approval from the country club. The free market has been devastated by monopoly and oligopolies that serve to undercut competition so they can screw consumers.

Quality Education for All

You shouldn't have to have a degree in cartography to figure out what zip code you need to be in to have quality education. We call on each region to ensure that all kids have quality education.

No Goddamn Wars

People are tired of missiles and tanks being sold to other countries so the morally bankrupt Atlasian elites can make more money off of war and terror. People are also tired of all of these goddamn wars and conflicts with other countries that serve nothing but to enrich the pockets of the crooks at the top.

Civic & Community Engagement

Atlasia is stagnant as hell. We need to bring Civic and Community engagement back to our wonderful Atlasia. By joining the Progressive party, you will be a part of a diverse and exciting community that . We will hold civic events such as:
- Featured Progressive: A Progressive who has gone above and beyond in their duty will be featured and honored.
- Animal of the Week: We will honor an amazing and cool animal each week. This will be voted on by Progressive party voters.

Members of the Progressive Union party will also be a part of our Discord community, where we encourage anyone who is interested to join and participate to relax and talk to Atlasian folks.

These 5 principles are core to the Progressive party's platform, but we are open minded to most other ideas provided they do not violate any of our 5 core principles. We are a big tent party.

And finally... our mascot... the wonderful RED PANDA! The Red Panda is an adorable animal that represents all of the Progressive Union Party's core principles. It is encouraged that you post as many Red Panda pictures and gifs as possible.

If you would like to join our party and discord, please let us know! I hope you guys consider us!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 08:25:28 PM »

Ah, that brings memories of the great Progressive Union four years ago... can't believe it's been so long since those fun years.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 08:51:56 PM »

Those are good ideas, but you start off with [insert random populist rhetoric here] and, fully divorced from anything resembling "truth" or "concrete examples," associate all of that with the Federalist Party. I could go on, but I'm not even sure if this is serious--let's just say that, if you were aiming for a troll party, this is pretty good! Tongue
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 09:00:51 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2018, 09:23:59 PM by DTC »

Those are good ideas, but you start off with [insert random populist rhetoric here] and, fully divorced from anything resembling "truth" or "concrete examples," associate all of that with the Federalist Party. I could go on, but I'm not even sure if this is serious--let's just say that, if you were aiming for a troll party, this is pretty good! Tongue

Leinad, you are a fine man who I respect. I do not wish to quabble with you; however, I must make things clear.

The elevation of YoungTexan to the senate was not on "merits". He was elevated to the senate because the power brokers in the Federalist party wanted to reward him for his loyalty to their corporate machine. YoungTexan is a bombastic buffoon who rewarded his buddies in the Texas oil industry with rivers of cash flows during his tenure as Secretary of Interior. Who knows what lobbyists he will lavishly reward as Senator of the Great Southern region. He could have at least rewarded his region in Lincoln.

Oakvale, while not a man I agree with very often, was shut down in his presidential campaign in a coordinated effort by the Federalist party because he dared to threaten the internal power structure.

These are just some of the many abuses I noticed during my tenure as a Federalist. I have started to reconsider some of my policy positions because of some of these incidents, and thus I came up with the Progressive Union party platform that will help make Atlasia beautiful once more.

This represents how I feel about the Federalist party state of affairs:

Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 09:34:46 PM »

The elevation of YoungTexan to the senate was not on "merits". He was elevated to the senate because the power brokers in the Federalist party wanted to reward him for his loyalty to their corporate machine. YoungTexan is a bombastic buffoon who rewarded his buddies in the Texas oil industry with rivers of cash flows during his tenure as Secretary of Interior. Who knows what lobbyists he will lavishly reward as Senator of the Great Southern region.

He was elected to the Senate because he ran for the Senate and won. We did not "elevate" him there. AFAIK no one else wanted to run lol.

Also it's kinda hilarious how you say he was rewarded for loyalty, when we literally busted him for a ridiculous coup attempt a few weeks ago.

And regarding the "Texas oil industry"--is this something I missed or are you just making things up?

Lastly, he is Lincoln Senator, not Southern Senator--at least get your facts right. Tongue

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oakvale was not "shut down by the Federalist Party"--many of our high-ranking members supported his campaign from the start, and yelled at me for opposing him, so don't you try to distort the facts here. And it had nothing to do with the god damn "internal power structure" lolol, I was concerned about his previous activities that I perceived were hostile to the game, and didn't buy that he was "reformed." After talking with Oakvale I am more open to him representing the party in office, and while I have doubts, I'm definitely willing to give him a chance (a conversation I would've preferred to have had before my public crusade where I got yelled at by people both publicly and privately but, you know, live and learn Tongue).

All that being said, I don't want my intentions from them to be mischaracterized (as much as my execution was poor), nor do I want the facts in general mischaricterized--in the Oakvale example and other examples you are completely distorting the truth or even not recognizing it exists.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 09:39:38 PM »

The elevation of YoungTexan to the senate was not on "merits". He was elevated to the senate because the power brokers in the Federalist party wanted to reward him for his loyalty to their corporate machine. YoungTexan is a bombastic buffoon who rewarded his buddies in the Texas oil industry with rivers of cash flows during his tenure as Secretary of Interior. Who knows what lobbyists he will lavishly reward as Senator of the Great Southern region.

He was elected to the Senate because he ran for the Senate and won. We did not "elevate" him there. AFAIK no one else wanted to run lol.

Also it's kinda hilarious how you say he was rewarded for loyalty, when we literally busted him for a ridiculous coup attempt a few weeks ago.

And regarding the "Texas oil industry"--is this something I missed or are you just making things up?

Lastly, he is Lincoln Senator, not Southern Senator--at least get your facts right. Tongue

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oakvale was not "shut down by the Federalist Party"--many of our high-ranking members supported his campaign from the start, and yelled at me for opposing him, so don't you try to distort the facts here. And it had nothing to do with the god damn "internal power structure" lolol, I was concerned about his previous activities that I perceived were hostile to the game, and didn't buy that he was "reformed." After talking with Oakvale I am more open to him representing the party in office, and while I have doubts, I'm definitely willing to give him a chance (a conversation I would've preferred to have had before my public crusade where I got yelled at by people both publicly and privately but, you know, live and learn Tongue).

All that being said, I don't want my intentions from them to be mischaracterized (as much as my execution was poor), nor do I want the facts in general mischaricterized--in the Oakvale example and other examples you are completely distorting the truth or even not recognizing it exists.

I appreciate the passionate response. Please accept my humble gift: this picture is a symbol of our friendship
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 09:42:07 PM »

That's obviously adorable, just try not to say blatant lies, okay? Tongue
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 05:29:26 AM »

This looks like it could grow into something big if done correctly (I would suggest the confrontational attitude won't help).

How do you intend to grow from this into a party capable of winning elections and attracting members?

What is your position on the proposal I made when running for representative where referendums would happen regularly through petitions?

How would you solve the inactivity problem?

Also, when are you gonna come up with a logo ect. so I can put you on the wiki Tongue
diptheriadan

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 10:54:45 AM »

This thread is adorable.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 10:57:03 AM »

Welcome to Atlasia, Progressive Union Party!
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 10:57:37 AM »

I support all of this, but the feds accommodate all of this.within their party. I feel like this is just a.stunt against leadership, which isn't demanding of a new party.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2018, 11:35:18 AM »
« Edited: January 07, 2018, 11:49:04 AM by DTC »

This looks like it could grow into something big if done correctly (I would suggest the confrontational attitude won't help).

How do you intend to grow from this into a party capable of winning elections and attracting members?

What is your position on the proposal I made when running for representative where referendums would happen regularly through petitions?

Also, when are you gonna come up with a logo ect. so I can put you on the wiki Tongue

In order to grow this party, I have to prove that it is a serious progressive alternative that people are interested in. I know a lot of people who are interested in this party, but are weary of joining a new party because they aren't sure that it will be successful. Once we get some big names to join, I feel as if the floodgates will open. Smiley

We need to make the game more open, engaging, and entertaining. There are a lot of threads, regulations, and rules that can make this game daunting to people who aren't invested in the game. The Progressive Union party will host community engagement activities to make Atlasia more interesting and fun, and actively recruit people.

As for our logo, we'll try to make one sometime soon. Smiley

I support all of this, but the feds accommodate all of this.within their party. I feel like this is just a.stunt against leadership, which isn't demanding of a new party.

This is a more progressive party (Progressive - center party). In addition, the federalists hold on power has become far too strong, and I fear the Atlasia will stagnate even more if federalists continue to control most of the power.

Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2018, 11:39:31 AM »

Also, if you're interested, come join our Discord - https://discord.gg/wEcJX8v .

I will be pretty busy in the next few days so I might not be able to respond to any questions right away, but ping me and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Smiley
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2018, 11:53:49 AM »

It's good to see people standing up to the Federalists but why create a new party? There are many progressive parties already and they should form a strong United front against the Federalists(which tbh I sort of hoped this was)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2018, 11:57:38 AM »

It's good to see people standing up to the Federalists but why create a new party? There are many progressive parties already and they should form a strong United front against the Federalists(which tbh I sort of hoped this was)

This is called the Progressive Union party for a reason. Smiley Progressives needed a new vision and grassroots organization to take back our Atlasia.

Here's a gift for showing interest, comrade:

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 12:23:08 PM »

This is called the Progressive Union party for a reason. Smiley Progressives needed a new vision and grassroots organization to take back our Atlasia.

Ok. But what do you think makes this the best party compared to all the others including Labor?
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2018, 12:27:06 PM »

Ok. But what do you think makes this the best party compared to all the others including Labor?

cough cough Alliance
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2018, 02:03:14 PM »

Regardless of personal opinions on this party, those raccoon s are incredibly cute.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2018, 04:34:11 PM »

Regardless of personal opinions on this party, those Red Pandas are incredibly cute.
FIFY so DTC won't have to.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2018, 04:36:54 PM »

cough cough Alliance
From what I can tell, Alliance is mostly centrist. Progressives don't really fit in to that, and several people, like my friend Ninja, have hoped for a center left party, saying that Labor is too far left. It's just hard to tell whether or not this is a stunt, serious, or both.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2018, 04:59:30 PM »

In order to grow this party, I have to prove that it is a serious progressive alternative that people are interested in. I know a lot of people who are interested in this party, but are weary of joining a new party because they aren't sure that it will be successful. Once we get some big names to join, I feel as if the floodgates will open. Smiley

We need to make the game more open, engaging, and entertaining. There are a lot of threads, regulations, and rules that can make this game daunting to people who aren't invested in the game. The Progressive Union party will host community engagement activities to make Atlasia more interesting and fun, and actively recruit people.

As for our logo, we'll try to make one sometime soon. Smiley

This is a more progressive party (Progressive - center party). In addition, the federalists hold on power has become far too strong, and I fear the Atlasia will stagnate even more if federalists continue to control most of the power.

Thanks for the response. This appears to really be taking off!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2018, 05:00:54 PM »

cough cough Alliance
From what I can tell, Alliance is mostly centrist. Progressives don't really fit in to that, and several people, like my friend Ninja, have hoped for a center left party, saying that Labor is too far left. It's just hard to tell whether or not this is a stunt, serious, or both.
I was saying this in reference that this should be included with "all the others" Tongue
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2018, 06:00:53 PM »

We are a progressive but pragmatic party that seeks to change how people are involved in Atlasia. I hope you are willing to consider our small but growing organziation. Smiley
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2018, 12:12:40 AM »

Anti-Consolidation

The political and corporate machine of Atlasia has prevented anyone from getting ahead unless they have approval from the country club. The free market has been devastated by monopoly and oligopolies that serve to undercut competition so they can screw consumers.

No one has done more to combat monopolies then myself and the Federalist Party. We fought for competitive healthcare exchanges and passed 21st Century Glass-Steagall to reduce monopolization in the financial sector.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2018, 12:16:26 AM »

The elevation of YoungTexan to the senate was not on "merits". He was elevated to the senate because the power brokers in the Federalist party wanted to reward him for his loyalty to their corporate machine. YoungTexan is a bombastic buffoon who rewarded his buddies in the Texas oil industry with rivers of cash flows during his tenure as Secretary of Interior. Who knows what lobbyists he will lavishly reward as Senator of the Great Southern region. He could have at least rewarded his region in Lincoln.

If we have an oil industry lobby, they are woefully ineffective considering they couldn't stop the carbon tax.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies