Are fundamentalist Christians and fundamentalist Muslims all that different?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:46:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Are fundamentalist Christians and fundamentalist Muslims all that different?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Are fundamentalist Christians and fundamentalist Muslims all that different?  (Read 2402 times)
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2005, 11:58:13 AM »

You're right, afleitch, both have strayed away from the original ideas that founded their religion.  I mean, I've never read the Koran, nor researched the Muslim Religion, but I bet that they aren't much different then these people who look down and hate groups of people in the name of Jesus, when what he taught most of all was love and tolerence.

Mohammed founded his "religion" in blood, war and conquest. Jesus came to deliver the word of God in a peaceful and benevolent manner. How are the two religions even alike?

Read the parts in bold again Smiley
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2005, 12:03:41 PM »

When did Jesus teach tolerance of sin? I believe he taught forgiveness.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2005, 01:42:15 PM »

So you think there is nothing wrong with this and this is the fundamentals of Christianity?

http://www.godhatesfags.com/featured/20050831_thank-god-for-katrina.html

And you think we should thank God for 9/11?

I would love for one these nut cases who things God sent Katrina because of Southern Decadence and the gays to tell me that to my face. As far as I am concerned anyone who thinks that way has no credibility. As a non-gay Christian (whom I'm sure is his intended audience), I am offended by his point of view.
Sorry, since I have already ranted on this before. But this is the kind of crap that pi$$es me off.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2005, 02:53:47 AM »

No, I was giving an example.  Phelps might be a down right biggot, but he's not out killing people in name of God.  That's why he's only a  fundamentalist. 

No, Phelps is NOT a fundamentalist, otherwise he wouldn't be singling out homosexuality.

Phelps is indeed hateful.  He doesn't place himself in the same boat as gays, rather he acts as if God despises them more than other sinners.  He thinks gays are worse sinners than himself. 

But, the Apostle Paul considered himself the worse sinner.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2005, 08:39:53 AM »

...the UVF who did kill people and then afterwords went to deal drugs and screw prostitutes?

These guys sound pretty cool, BRTD. 
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2005, 02:38:00 PM »

In some ways they're similar....

One similarity is that they focus so much on how literally and serious they must take everything, they wind up doing things that objects to their own religion.  For example, based on a rather vague paragraph, they develop a huge anti-gay agenda, even though Jesus taught us to be civil towards our fellow man. 

But I'll give they Jesus nuts credit, they really don't go all violent and explodey.  They're just annoying and bigoted, that can be ignored.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies