Please explain the 1st debate "bounce" to me (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:52:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Please explain the 1st debate "bounce" to me (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Please explain the 1st debate "bounce" to me  (Read 4018 times)
NCeriale
Rookie

« on: November 19, 2012, 12:16:09 AM »

The Bob Dole effect would have happened though. It's hard to push a story when the new story is that there is no money coming in.

Although if I'm Romney Inc I wouldn't lie down and take it, I'd do everything to mount an insurgent campaign. While the comeback narrative could reemerge, the way Romney clumsily attacked when on the defensive (Jeeeeeep) could just as easily backfire.

How would a 2nd debate Obama showing up at the first debate have changed the outcome? Probably more in the PV (plus one or two points; if he had been able to get to 55 it would have been a dem wet dream)  and maybe adding North Carolina and maybe maybe Arizona (if the middle moved and Mexican Americans in AZ could carry it)
NCeriale
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 12:37:31 AM »

This. Or at least put it in play:

How would a 2nd debate Obama showing up at the first debate have changed the outcome? Probably more in the PV (plus one or two points; if he had been able to get to 55 it would have been a dem wet dream)  and maybe adding North Carolina and maybe maybe Arizona (if the middle moved and Mexican Americans in AZ could carry it)

Dems would have taken the House back, narrowly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies