Circumcision - yes or no? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:08:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Circumcision - yes or no? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should circumcision also be forbidden in the US?
I say YES to religious freedom.
I say NO to genital mutilation.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Circumcision - yes or no?  (Read 10179 times)
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« on: July 14, 2012, 11:55:58 AM »

I think it should be a legal practice, but I think if I had a son, I wouldn't get him circumsized. I think my son should have the choice whether to be circumsized or not and he won't really come to that conclusion until he's a teenager or an adult, in which case if he so desires, he may get circumsized. I may be remembering incorrectly, but I think I read somewhere that it is excruciatingly painful for male with an uncircumsized penis to penetrate a dry vagina, thus reducing the possibility that rape would occur. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. But just my two sense.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 12:17:43 PM »

Unless it's medically an absolute necessity, circumcision should not be done until an individual is at least somewhat able to give consent on the matter -- at least like, thirteen or something.  You're talking about lobbing off a piece of someone's body here -- that kind of decision should be, when possible, up to the individual when they're able to make the decision.  I feel the same way about trashy parents getting their infant daughter's ears pierced.

I believe in religious freedom, yes, but I also believe in youth rights.

Should be mandatory for newborn babes, as it lessens the odds of receiving or transferring an STD.

No.  Keep the government's hands off of people's penises.  What you're proposing goes way way way beyond even making vaccinations mandatory, because it mandates the permanent lobbing off of part of one's body.  That's just focking paternalistic.

The government does penis circumcisions ? That's new to me.

If it were mandatory under federal law, they would be playing a role.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies