Opinion of Black Friday (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:10:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of Black Friday (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Freedom Day!

Horrible Day!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Opinion of Black Friday  (Read 826 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« on: November 28, 2015, 03:25:29 PM »
« edited: November 28, 2015, 03:29:18 PM by Lief 🐋 »

Honestly, for as much as I dislike its encroachment on Thanksgiving, I think the sneering people have toward Black Friday is incredibly distasteful and, to some extent, classist, and ends up annoying me far more. Yeah, I know plenty of people that keep a close eye on Black Friday deals. Because they're f**king poor and this is how they can afford what luxuries they have.

Basically agree with this. Most of the opposition to it is increasingly coming from sneering, privileged liberals who want to show that they're better than the people who buy stuff. Who gives a shit? Most people have TVs, most people buy gifts for their friends and family for Christmas... if you can do it for 20 or 30% cheaper than normal, why wouldn't you? Obviously don't f[inks]ing stampede people or get into fights or whatever, but I went out yesterday afternoon, bought some stuff, it was fine. Let people enjoy their lives the way they want to enjoy their lives.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies