Since "L*tinx" provides no electoral benefits why don't Democrats reject it outright? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:09:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Since "L*tinx" provides no electoral benefits why don't Democrats reject it outright? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Since "L*tinx" provides no electoral benefits why don't Democrats reject it outright?  (Read 1258 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« on: October 23, 2021, 03:03:20 PM »

This all comes back to left-wing activists being very good at punching above their weight class.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 04:34:35 PM »

This all comes back to left-wing activists being very good at punching above their weight class.

On issues that don't upset powerful people.

Really more when they're not actually targeting powerful people. Take their obsession with the Palestinian cause. They can't get more than 9 votes to defund Iron Dome despite causing a budget crisis, but they can browbeat a children's book author organization into firing a Black Jewish woman for condemning antisemitism.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 05:48:57 PM »

BIPOC seems to be catching on and it's even worse. I can safely say I have never met a Black person who wanted to be referred to as a BIPOC. I have never met an Indigenous person who wanted to be referred to as a BIPOC. I don't know where these people are. Maybe tucked in the Oberlin sociology department or something?

I would actually disagree with this; I saw it everywhere six months ago, but it seems that the euphemism treadmill has largely passed it by already. Something noteworthy about "BIPOC" is that nobody has ever known what it stands for, which seems like a bug but is probably a feature.

The other problem is that no one can agree what it means. It either means "Black and Indigenous People of Color", in which case it's a term explicitly created to exclude Asians for no other purpose, or it means "Black, Indigenous, and People of Color" in which case it's an utterly pointless redundancy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies