Is the Republican's problem that they're too Southern? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:18:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Is the Republican's problem that they're too Southern? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is the Republican's problem that they're too Southern?  (Read 18553 times)
GaussLaw
« on: July 20, 2014, 10:22:14 AM »

Seems to turn off Northeast and West Coast voters.

What's worse, some regions of the South such as Northern Virginia and South Florida don't even share a southern culture anymore.

The focus has been on gay marriage lately and how it's wrecking the GOP with moderate voters, but maybe the bigger issue is the overall culture Republicans are perceived to have.

Um, the current GOP Senate candidates are not focusing on gay marriage at all, at least based on their current ads and campaign.
GaussLaw
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 08:48:30 PM »

The biggest problem is narcissism. They're just not very nice people.

Are you an actual republican?

I had the same question.........I feel like several of the blue avatars on here are 100% ironic, given that I am to the right of a good number of them.
GaussLaw
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 10:03:59 PM »

The biggest problem is narcissism. They're just not very nice people.

Are you an actual republican?

I had the same question.........I feel like several of the blue avatars on here are 100% ironic, given that I am to the right of a good number of them.

Depends how you are to the right.  Your social score is well to the right of mine, but your fiscal score is well to my left.

Not so much you.......I was referring more to people like King who have a blue avatar but only bash the GOP.  Badger also fits this description, as do a few others.
GaussLaw
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 09:13:49 AM »

Almost every Republican I've ever have a lengthy discussion with about politics:
as soon as I bring out the flashy math and statistics, they retreat to quoting the bible and/or the constitution or saying the numbers are made-up.

And you have to remember that I live in a tea party hotbed.

To be fair, it's pretty hard to win an argument with an Atlasian, regardless of your political views. Tongue

I assume you live in Bakersfield or something?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies