Why do third party candidates get so few votes... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 06:29:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Why do third party candidates get so few votes... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why do third party candidates get so few votes...  (Read 9822 times)
weallbleed
Rookie

« on: September 24, 2004, 10:08:24 PM »

The reasons I think:

-most people aren't aware of how the electoral college works
-third parties are third parties because they are out of the mainstream, and represent few people's actual views.
-people just aren't too familiar with them due to lack of media coverage.

that said, I've decided that I'll never vote for the lesser of two evils in a non-competetive race. Since SD is not in play, I will vote Badnarik, even though I reluctantly find Kerry very marginally better than Bush and would vote for him if I lived in a swing state. I will vote for Daschle because while I'm not a fan of him, I'd rather have him than someone like Thune who doesn't even believe in evolution, and is now campaigning on that stupid anti-gay marriage amendment.
weallbleed
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 10:14:59 PM »

I find such views asinine, and I do not want someone who holds them to be in public office, the same way I would not want a Holocaust denier or someone who believes those "Bush ordered 9/11" type conspiracy theories in office. For anyone to ignore such blatant evidence against creationism due to their belief in Biblical innerancy is simply a zealot I would prefer not having authority.

I barely care either way about gay marriage, i'd rather just have the government get out of marriage altogether, but this is not an issue worth amending the Constitution over.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies