Michael Bloomberg 2020 campaign megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 03:58:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Michael Bloomberg 2020 campaign megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Michael Bloomberg 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 50616 times)
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« on: November 07, 2019, 05:29:23 PM »

All these billionaires should just go away.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 07:06:15 PM »

What I fear is that he uses his unsuccessful primary run as a springboard to run as an independent in the general and we get four more years of Trump.

Bloomberg donated like 100,000,000 to democrats in 2018. He aint running third party.

He also held a fundraiser for Republican congressman Peter King in 2018, so I think we have reason to be wary of Bloomberg.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 05:56:05 PM »

Apparently Bloomberg will not contest the four early states and plans to start his campaign on Super Tuesday:

Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 08:33:49 PM »

The only logical reason for making this move is if he thinks Biden will perform terribly in the first four states so much that he'll drop out, and Bloomberg will take Biden's place in the moderate lane. That seems unlikely to happen, though.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 10:56:40 AM »

Bloomberg is going on air in the West Palm Beach Market (where Mar-a-Lago is located) over Thanksgiving:

I believe these will be his first TV ads.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 10:38:28 PM »

Having tons of money means nothing if you don't have a natural constituency that you can cobble together to win the nomination (the fiscally centrist, urban professional crowd that Bloomberg most appeals to makes up a small share of the primary electorate, and he's not even guaranteed to win that demographic). Bloomberg has a <1% chance of winning the nomination.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 12:08:30 PM »

I hope he gets done in by the other candidates on the debate stage.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 01:28:36 PM »

Sanders supporters: beat the sh-t out of dissenters and shoot the rich
Trump supporters: beat the sh-t out of dissenters and kick out all the Mexicans
Good and smart-brained moderates: these are the same thing

Fixed it for you. I've received many, many death threats from Sanders supporters since 2016, telling me I deserve to be shot during the "revolution," fantasizing about murdering my family, and accusing me of everything under the sun. And lets not forget the leftist blackshirt gangs that vandalized DC in January 2017.

My god, I'm so sorry people were mean to you on the internet and people in real life don't want a fascist American dictator to keep kids in cages at the border. How dreadful.

A reminder: the internet is not real life.
And yet, #BernieOrBust is a thing Roll Eyes

Huh Most Bernie or Busters don't want those things, either.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 01:32:47 PM »

Fixed it for you. I've received many, many death threats from Sanders supporters since 2016, telling me I deserve to be shot during the "revolution," fantasizing about murdering my family, and accusing me of everything under the sun. And lets not forget the leftist blackshirt gangs that vandalized DC in January 2017.

My god, I'm so sorry people were mean to you on the internet and people in real life don't want a fascist American dictator to keep kids in cages at the border. How dreadful.

How do you expect to defeat Trump then if you refuse to vote for another Democrat? It's delusional to believe the Greens or Libertarians will ever come close to winning a GE.

People who vote Green or Libertarian are hardly guaranteed to vote for a Democrat if they are devoid of their preferred party's candidate on the ballot. And given our antiquated EC system, third-party votes have no impact outside of swing states.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2020, 01:35:59 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2020, 01:40:02 PM by Councilor Gracile »

How do you expect to defeat Trump then if you refuse to vote for another Democrat? It's delusional to believe the Greens or Libertarians will ever come close to winning a GE.

People who vote Green or Libertarian are hardly guaranteed to vote for a Democrat if they are devoid of their preferred party's candidate on the ballot. And given our antiquated EC system, third-party votes have no impact outside of swing states.
If you refuse to vote for the Democratic nominee this election, and Trump wins a second term, you'll be just as responsible for the next four years as his supporters were.

My third-party vote in Solid D Illinois would have no impact on Trump getting reelected.

And if Bloomberg has to worry about that many third-party defections, then clearly he's not the electoral juggernaut people are making him out to be.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2020, 03:10:24 PM »

Bloomberg bought three minutes of primetime ad time this Sunday to deliver a "Leadership in Crisis" address:

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies