Dow Jones now below 7000. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 03:17:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Dow Jones now below 7000. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dow Jones now below 7000.  (Read 8013 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: March 02, 2009, 12:39:26 PM »

I'd say 5000, and all the causation predates Obama.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 02:44:22 PM »

Certainly this was all inevitable as soon as Reagan was elected, and certainly many Democrats betrayed their constituents (I think that's the only purpose of a faux-left party isn't it?)

However I think it is clear that a majority of americans do pin this plutocratic debacle, like the one before it in the 20's, on the plutocratic party.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 04:00:45 PM »

So when is this spending bill going to start working?Huh

Only the parts which go directly to poors will have much effect in the next year to 18 months, and I'm afraid those are smallish parts of the bill, aren't they?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 04:27:31 PM »

the market now realize that Obma is NOT a pragmatist, rather he is an extreme liberal.  He could have very easily put together a stimulus plan that would have gotten 75 votes in the Senate - a majority of both parties.  A stimulus plan that would actually stimulate the economy.  Instead he chose to vastly increase the size of government...STRIKE ONE

then he released his budget:  tax increases, reduced mortgage deductions, and a carbon tax.  All three things are big no-nos during downturns.  The market HATED it....STRIKE TWO

Obama is in danger of becoming irrelevant.

Irrelevant?  He's wrecking our dear capitalism!  That's like saying Godzilla was irrelavant to Tokyo.  <wrings hands>
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies