KaiserDave AMA: with Philist Characteristics
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:18:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  KaiserDave AMA: with Philist Characteristics
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: KaiserDave AMA: with Philist Characteristics  (Read 1198 times)
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2021, 03:11:00 PM »

Opinion of Atlasia? (If you don't really know you don't have to answer)

What do you think will win in the Lt. Governor's race and opinion of your congress person, (you don't have to tell your exact one but your exact and surrounding)

My opinion is limited because my activity in Atlasia is next to nothing

In 2022? I'm really not sure. I'm not sure who's interested in the job. My congress person is alright, I had issues with them but they've been better as of late.

Ironic in hindsight.

Speaking of which, were you dragged kicking and screaming formally recruited for office by the Labor intelligentsia, or did you spontaneously decide to become a more active player and run for the Council?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2021, 03:30:06 PM »

Since there was never a formal ending, do you know what an epilogue to your Weimar game would have said?

Yeah the game unfortunately petered out for two reasons
1) November Election chaos and that taking all of my and our collective time
2) The quality of gameplay really declined after RGM and you both quit. Not that I blame either of you, but things just didn't feel the same.

Nevertheless, I had a TON of fun with it and I hope you all did as well.

I had two planned epilogues. One for a monarchist restoration and one for a Thälmannite takeover. Here are the two endings

1. Monarchy
Wilhelm III is brought to the throne with Papen or Hugenberg as Chancellor with a constitution probably resembling the one Wilhelm II begrudgingly accepted in 1918, depending on how the game goes. There's a diplomatic annexation of Austria, possibly of the Sudetenland as well, and/or the Danzig corridor. Generally more amicable relations with the west, as Kingpoleon had pursued. I hadn't worked out the 30s very well, I focused more on later. There's probably some non-conclusive conflict with the USSR in the late 40s, and an odd Cold War situation. I thought more about the internal political situation, which would involve a relatively conservative monarchy entering the 50s and 60s, as fairy prosperous but with a wealth gap and vast liberal dissent. Sometime in the 60s there is a mass student movement calling for reforms, and some for the abolition of the monarchy. The civilian government, led by some fairly reactionary figure Adolf von Thadden is thrown out by the Reichstag, and it looks like they're about to appoint a more liberal figure like a Knonrad Adenauer. Then the Junkers intervene with a military coup, led by perhaps Alfred Jodl trying to install a military dictatorship. The protestors stand down the military, then the Kaiser intervenes, ordering the army to stand down. The army breaks, and order returns. The Kaiser appoints a moderate to liberal Chancellor who passes sweeping reforms, freedoms, and so on. Germany enters the late 1900s as a confident constitutional monarchy. Not sure about the rest.
2. Communism
Thälmann's revolution sweeps over Germany. There's conflict for a few years after as the conservative population resists, it's very likely Bavaria becomes independent in its own right which is something I was setting up. Thälmann probably loses a few bits of territory to Germany's neighbors as he purges the military establishment and political society, which remains deeply conservative. Devout Centrist said he wanted a Tito-type regime, but there would probably still be violent land reform and establishing central planning would take time. Germany probably doesn't rearm until the mid to late 40s. When they do we settle into a Cold War type situation, Germany probably establishes some independence from Moscow, and wages wars to reconquer Bavaria and other pieces of territory, but careful to not cause a larger conflict. I'm again not sure about foreign policy, you might see a major war with the west, without nukes, as such weapons would probably not be developed as fast. I was playing with the idea of the regime collapsing eastern bloc style, or perhaps turning into a EuroCommunist type system that turns basically into a very left leaning Republic.

Not that fleshed out but it had a lot of good ideas I think
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2021, 03:31:26 PM »

Opinion of Atlasia? (If you don't really know you don't have to answer)

What do you think will win in the Lt. Governor's race and opinion of your congress person, (you don't have to tell your exact one but your exact and surrounding)

My opinion is limited because my activity in Atlasia is next to nothing

In 2022? I'm really not sure. I'm not sure who's interested in the job. My congress person is alright, I had issues with them but they've been better as of late.

Ironic in hindsight.

Speaking of which, were you dragged kicking and screaming formally recruited for office by the Labor intelligentsia, or did you spontaneously decide to become a more active player and run for the Council?

Very ironic.

I was offered the link to Laborcord and I was bored from quarantine so I said what the heck and joined up. When Ishan resigned from the Council I thought what the heck again and chose to run. It was fairly spontaneous.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2021, 03:35:47 PM »

Do you have any relation to Germany since Kaiser is a German word?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2021, 03:36:32 PM »

Do you have any relation to Germany since Kaiser is a German word?

Nope! But I find German history fascinating, and I'm a big fan of Frederick III. If he didn't die of throat cancer I think a lot could have gone differently.

Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2021, 12:52:03 PM »

Opinion of the Great Elector?

Who is your favorite Holy Roman Emperor?

Opinion of this video?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies