McCain: Hagel is "not qualified" to be defense secretary (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:19:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  McCain: Hagel is "not qualified" to be defense secretary (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: McCain: Hagel is "not qualified" to be defense secretary  (Read 1708 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: February 24, 2013, 09:44:36 PM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/24/us-obama-nominations-hagel-idUSBRE91N09F20130224

LOL, McCain is accusing someone of being unqualified. That belongs in the real life Irony Ore Mine.

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 11:55:05 PM »

Take a step back and look at what McCain is saying...

From McCain's POV- which I partially agree with, partially not- Hagel opposed the surge which was by all accounts a brilliant and successful strategy... and didn't have the ability to give McCain a straight answer whether he stood by that view or not at the hearings
So McCain sees some one who was wrong on one of the major military issues of the past several years and unwilling to either stand by it or rebuke his prior view

Also- Hagel has never run a bureaucracy, has no experience as a leader in DOD or any other of our national security agencies or departments, and has been out of government for some time now....In some ways, the Hagel pick is like when Bush nominated Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court... perhaps a fine woman, who held views in agreement with many Americans', but hadn't been a judge...

You all should stop trying to smear McCain with attacks on his dignity whenever he says something you don't agree with!
I wouldn't smear John McCain, I have a lot of respect for the man. I said his comments were stupid, but he's not stupid.

If he's not stupid, why did he think Sarah Palin is fit to be Vice President?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies