Hillary Clinton’s Problem With Men (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:37:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Clinton’s Problem With Men (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton’s Problem With Men  (Read 3202 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« on: October 08, 2015, 02:27:12 PM »

Hillary Clinton’s Problem With Men
National Journal/Josh Kraushaar

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

This article turns conventional wisdom on it's head.  The media and the Democrats always tout Republicans' supposed issues with women voters - the so-called Republican war on women.  But gender gaps work both ways.  if Hillary Clinton is so negatively viewed by men that she's viewed negatively by them at levels usually seen by Hispanics against Republicans, is it time to talk about Hillary Clinton's "war on men"?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 03:49:02 PM »

What war on men has she conducted? It's not as if she's out speaking negatively about men or anything.

Nor are most Republicans speaking negatively about women, yet Democrats and the media have claimed there is a Republican war on women merely because they take political positions that some women don't like.  As the article notes, Hillary is has taken political positions anathema to many men on things like gun control and immigration.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 04:18:00 PM »

I understand about guns (I favor gun control, but then I'm gay), but do you think women are more pro illegal immigration than men (to frame the issue a bit crudely, but whatever)? That is an interesting thing to ponder. It might be true. Any data on that one?  That is my theme for the month - give me the data! Smiley

I went by what the National Journal article said (they also mentioned abortion).  After a quick search, a WSJ/NBC News Poll from 2014, though, suggests the gender gap on immigration works the other way - with men more likely to see immigration as helping rather than hurting.  I don't know why, and the article explaining the poll doesn't either, calling it puzzling.  There is a huge income disparity on that question, which makes sense.  I don't know if there are other polls showing different things.

But that's not my point.  When creating a false "war on..." narrative, you only need to stress one or two issues that the group in question supposedly supports that the other party opposes (or vice versa).  And there are plenty of issues that men see differently than women where Hillary Clinton (and most Democrats) take the side more supported by women than men.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies