The National Weekly Atlasian (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:27:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 172776 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 28, 2007, 08:05:18 PM »

The Kyoto Protocol is the first thing to do when trying to take any environmental action.

Proven not to work as no European country has done what it was supposed to (they all raised emissions) and continued to whine at the US (Atlasia here) for not ratifying it.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 02:32:18 PM »

The biggest question I have about Atlasia atm is why the hell is Leif a Senator?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 09:33:45 AM »
« Edited: February 24, 2009, 09:35:32 AM by MasterJedi »

I would like to say as a moderator that there has been (until, like, a few minutes ago; and by me as well) no mention of anything like this on the moderator board.

People are free to read into that whatever they like.

That's because I only confirmed it last night and had more important things to do (college hw) than to post anything about it right away. I just left it to those that found out about it in the first place.

So to Franzl, they thought it was you who was on the RPP forum but they didn't have anything concrete until yesterday.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 09:37:03 AM »

I don't know if he accessed anything here but he accessed someone's account through Xahar on the RPP forum.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 09:45:01 AM »

I would like to say as a moderator that there has been (until, like, a few minutes ago; and by me as well) no mention of anything like this on the moderator board.

That's because I only confirmed it last night and had more important things to do (college hw) than to post anything about it right away. I just left it to those that found out about it in the first place.

So to Franzl, they thought it was you who was on the RPP forum but they didn't have anything concrete until yesterday.

You're trying to tell me that these accusations have nothing to do with the Senate election? I wasn't born yesterday.

Especially the part about illegal activities in Atlasia.....these accusations are entirely baseless...I should know, as I've never had anything to do with taking control of anyone's account here.

What else is this but a dirty campaign trick?

All I have to say is you can believe whatever you want. I didn't find out until yesterday and checked to try and confirm so if you want to believe the RPP is out to get you go ahead, I'm not going to stop you or really care either way.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 09:50:34 AM »

You're trying to tell me that these accusations have nothing to do with the Senate election? I wasn't born yesterday.

Especially the part about illegal activities in Atlasia.....these accusations are entirely baseless...I should know, as I've never had anything to do with taking control of anyone's account here.

All I have to say is you can believe whatever you want. I didn't find out until yesterday and checked to try and confirm so if you want to believe the RPP is out to get you go ahead, I'm not going to stop you or really care either way.

Ah, so you're basically saying that it wasn't worthwhile until a candidate declaration was made?

No, what I'm saying is that I didn't find out until yesterday. They usually ask me right away to check any violations on the RPP forum. As I said if you want to believe they're just out to get you go ahead, I don't think so though. And stop getting mad at me for finding out you were on the RPP forum.

Just a thought though, and this isn't just for you: if people actually minded there own business (biggest case Xahar here) none of all this crap would have happened!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 09:57:05 AM »

Ah, so you're basically saying that it wasn't worthwhile until a candidate declaration was made?

No, what I'm saying is that I didn't find out until yesterday. They usually ask me right away to check any violations on the RPP forum. As I said if you want to believe they're just out to get you go ahead, I don't think so though. And stop getting mad at me for finding out you were on the RPP forum.

Just a thought though, and this isn't just for you: if people actually minded there own business (biggest case Xahar here) none of all this crap would have happened!

Yes, the last part is true, and I agree in principle.

I just do find it quite interesting that you were only informed of this violation yesterday, that's all. Quite peculiar, if you ask me.

I do want to say, however, that I find it quite disturbing that the RPP has a private moderator that gives them any information they ask for.

Look, it was a bad idea...yes....but nothing resulted of it at all. I read a couple of threads...and I apologize for accessing the account (and I have apologized privately)...but I find it kind of crazy to take this case and turn it into a fullblown scandal as in Xahar's case. I think it's safe to say he wasn't just interested in the content of the forum.

As far as I know and have said all I know that you've done is look at the RPP forum. And I'm not there private mod. I'll check stuff out for them but if the info doesn't match up I don't go telling them other things about members.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 02:33:22 PM »

I'm not divulging IP addresses at all, I'm just confirming if it's a certain person trying to get in to the site. If it isn't I don't go and tell them the IP address at all. Either way they find out the IP addressed on the RPP forum and I confirm. I'm not giving out IP addresses at all.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 02:40:39 PM »

I'm not divulging IP addresses at all, I'm just confirming if it's a certain person trying to get in to the site. If it isn't I don't go and tell them the IP address at all. Either way they find out the IP addressed on the RPP forum and I confirm. I'm not giving out IP addresses at all.

I didn't say you are handing them out willy nilly. But you certainly abused your powers as a mod on the Atlas forum to do a favor for someone on a different forum. That is unacceptable and a massive failure of judgment. What franzl did is no better, but you should be more careful about using your status as a mod and certainly must be willing to recognize the error of your actions.

I know where you're coming from and respect that. Just trying to help secure that board, as well as this one. In the end it's just cleaning up Xahar's mess/loose ends with all that.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 02:49:52 PM »

One other quick thing, if you don't like how this happened you also shouldn't like how we got Xahar because all the info started with the RPP forum and Brandon provided most of the info that eventually led to us confirming what happened there and on this forum. All in the same manner that this was found out.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 09:08:53 PM »

I'm supporting HappyWarrior. He told me he was going to run for the position back when I first decided I was going to run. Besides that I told my fellow members in the Midwest that if I was elected I wouldn't support DWTL for Senate, which probably helped a few cast their votes for me.

And what really tipped the balance against you DWTL is your arrogance in assuming you'd get the job. I really have nothing personal against you but you really are way too arrogant to many around here. Just because there are 5 RPP Senators doesn't mean we'll support you for a nonpartisan job when HW will be fine activity wise for the job. In the end it really came down to the arrogance you showed toward assuming you had this job.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 09:05:58 PM »

I think we're looking at a tied race here.
Well, I was expecting a 6-4 until BendictJedi came out in favor of HappyWarrior, so barring something unlikely we most likely should see a Meeker tie-breaking vote

I have no loyalty to you at all. I stand for my ideals and the RPP is what's best for that. So that also means I'm not going to tow the RPP line 100% of the time or vote for you if you're being a complete arrogant ass like you were earlier. I already said you had my vote until you got arrogant. Maybe it'll teach you something though I doubt it.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 09:23:54 AM »

Yeah, when I was cracking the numbers yesterday I saw this guy and thought "Who the hell is he?", I factored him in just in case something like this happened.  Don't worry, our second seat is not in danger

I hope you're right.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 11:06:02 PM »

More Hilarious Hamilton News

In this installment, Hamilton expects to have 2 senators and 25+ members by the end of the year, or so says new minion SoIA NiK.  He also expects 4 JCP voters to switch over to his side in the race against Hashemite.

The NWA and RPP endorses anybody but Hamilton in the Northeast election

Because of this post (maybe another, I can't remember) Hamilton is threatening to release certain IMs and PMs if it isn't deleted. Just thought that should be out there and that they'll  be deleted if and when that happens. That is all.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 11:32:06 PM »

I'd like to be interviewed if there's time in the schedule.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies