The National Weekly Atlasian (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:18:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 172792 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: January 12, 2009, 03:44:34 PM »

The NLC is still the biggest party in the Northeast? Wonder how long that'll last.

The NLC's policies fit comfortably within the moderate wing of the RPP. As Northeast Chair of the RPP, I am happy to talk to any discouraged NLCers who might be thinking of joining another party.

But the NLC's policies overall fit much better with the DA and therefore would be a better fit for our party.  Former NLCers now is the time!  Jump on the DA bandwagon!

Hear Hear!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 11:45:51 AM »

The NLC is still the biggest party in the Northeast? Wonder how long that'll last.

The NLC's policies fit comfortably within the moderate wing of the RPP. As Northeast Chair of the RPP, I am happy to talk to any discouraged NLCers who might be thinking of joining another party.

But the NLC's policies overall fit much better with the DA and therefore would be a better fit for our party.  Former NLCers now is the time!  Jump on the DA bandwagon!

However it is more likely that in future, the chief battle will be between the SDP and the RPP - former NLCers have a greater future within the RPP.

Who says DA candidates can't win elections?

kind of funny considering every single member of our party holds an office....some elected, some appointed.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 08:47:09 AM »

However it is more likely that in future, the chief battle will be between the SDP and the RPP - former NLCers have a greater future within the RPP.

Who says DA candidates can't win elections?

kind of funny considering every single member of our party holds an office....some elected, some appointed.

But most got those positions before the DA was formed. Except for you but the DA had little to do with your ascension to office.

so? Unless you think belonging to the DA would make somebody less electable....I don't see why it matters that the party didn't exist at that time.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 12:00:44 PM »

that'd be great Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 02:44:01 PM »

The biggest question I have about Atlasia atm is why the hell is Leif a Senator?

because I lost my write-in campaign Smiley

Seriously though, Leif is alright....what's the problem?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 05:41:23 AM »

Attorney General Identified in Hacking Ring
by Governor Duke of the Dirty South

The web of corruption that has plagued Atlasia in recent months got a little bit thicker, when sources within the Atlas moderator team and RPP forum team confirmed that IP addresses matching those of Attorney General Franzl were logged illegally accessing an account on the forum. This news come on the heels of former Attorney General Xahar's one year ban from the game for being indicted in the same activities. It is unknown whether Mr. Franzl is working with Mr. Xahar in receiving account information, but sources tell us that he and several others are involved and continue to engage in the unauthorized access of both RPP and Atlas forum accounts. It is unclear whether this will effect Mr. Franzl's senate run or not. More on this story as we receive more information.

what?Huh

Which Atlas account am I supposed to have gained access to?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 09:15:03 AM »

Attorney General Identified in Hacking Ring
by Governor Duke of the Dirty South

The web of corruption that has plagued Atlasia in recent months got a little bit thicker, when sources within the Atlas moderator team and RPP forum team confirmed that IP addresses matching those of Attorney General Franzl were logged illegally accessing an account on the forum. This news come on the heels of former Attorney General Xahar's one year ban from the game for being indicted in the same activities. It is unknown whether Mr. Franzl is working with Mr. Xahar in receiving account information, but sources tell us that he and several others are involved and continue to engage in the unauthorized access of both RPP and Atlas forum accounts. It is unclear whether this will effect Mr. Franzl's senate run or not. More on this story as we receive more information.

Was that real or just  swipe?

Please go to my campaign thread for further clarification.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 09:39:34 AM »

I would like to say as a moderator that there has been (until, like, a few minutes ago; and by me as well) no mention of anything like this on the moderator board.

People are free to read into that whatever they like.

That's because I only confirmed it last night and had more important things to do (college hw) than to post anything about it right away. I just left it to those that found out about it in the first place.

So to Franzl, they thought it was you who was on the RPP forum but they didn't have anything concrete until yesterday.

You're trying to tell me that these accusations have nothing to do with the Senate election? I wasn't born yesterday.

Especially the part about illegal activities in Atlasia.....these accusations are entirely baseless...I should know, as I've never had anything to do with taking control of anyone's account here.

What else is this but a dirty campaign trick?

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 09:46:22 AM »

I would like to say as a moderator that there has been (until, like, a few minutes ago; and by me as well) no mention of anything like this on the moderator board.

That's because I only confirmed it last night and had more important things to do (college hw) than to post anything about it right away. I just left it to those that found out about it in the first place.

So to Franzl, they thought it was you who was on the RPP forum but they didn't have anything concrete until yesterday.

You're trying to tell me that these accusations have nothing to do with the Senate election? I wasn't born yesterday.

Especially the part about illegal activities in Atlasia.....these accusations are entirely baseless...I should know, as I've never had anything to do with taking control of anyone's account here.

All I have to say is you can believe whatever you want. I didn't find out until yesterday and checked to try and confirm so if you want to believe the RPP is out to get you go ahead, I'm not going to stop you or really care either way.

Ah, so you're basically saying that it wasn't worthwhile until a candidate declaration was made?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 09:55:28 AM »

All I have to say is you can believe whatever you want. I didn't find out until yesterday and checked to try and confirm so if you want to believe the RPP is out to get you go ahead, I'm not going to stop you or really care either way.

Ah, so you're basically saying that it wasn't worthwhile until a candidate declaration was made?

No, what I'm saying is that I didn't find out until yesterday. They usually ask me right away to check any violations on the RPP forum. As I said if you want to believe they're just out to get you go ahead, I don't think so though. And stop getting mad at me for finding out you were on the RPP forum.

Just a thought though, and this isn't just for you: if people actually minded there own business (biggest case Xahar here) none of all this crap would have happened!

Yes, the last part is true, and I agree in principle.

I just do find it quite interesting that you were only informed of this violation yesterday, that's all. Quite peculiar, if you ask me.

I do want to say, however, that I find it quite disturbing that the RPP has a private moderator that gives them any information they ask for.

Look, it was a bad idea...yes....but nothing resulted of it at all. I read a couple of threads...and I apologize for accessing the account (and I have apologized privately)...but I find it kind of crazy to take this case and turn it into a fullblown scandal as in Xahar's case. I think it's safe to say he wasn't just interested in the content of the forum.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 10:29:17 AM »

As a member of the RPP and a participant on the private RPP forum, I feel a little betrayed by your actions. You're not a crook, though. Discussing it in the open here is probably not the best way to proceed, however - we'll go around in circles for a while and everyone will get annoyed at everyone else but we won't actually resolve things. I have always respected you and if you say you didn't use the information for political benefit nor malicious intent and that you've only accessed it a couple of times and then not again, I'm inclined to believe you until I see any evidence to the contrary.

I regret having betrayed anyone's trust. I suppose I assumed nobody would ever really care to look at IP addresses as long as no confidential information was released or any secrets were made public knowledge, which I definitely didn't do. I apologize to you personally as well for betraying your confidence. I'm discussing it in the open to make my (lack of) motives clear....I don't want anyone to believe that I'm secretly working for any malicious political cause, and that my occasional conversation with Xahar didn't have anything to do with my actions here. 
I'm a little disappointed, but I'll get over it pretty quick. It's not my private forum, however, nor is it my party alone, so I think you and Duke and Jedi and Rowan should talk it out by yourselves.

May I also just add, Franzl, that the timing is purely coincidental. I can only offer you my word on that, but it was only a couple of days ago that a member of the party discussed with me that they had heard from someone something that suggested the integrity of the private site had been breached. You weren't suspected, the discussion I had with that party member was speculating that it may have been someone else (who was named in our discussion, but I guarantee was not you). This led to an investigation of IP addresses accessing the Forum. By the following day, it had been confirmed that one particular user appeared to have had their account accessed by someone who was not them. That was realised only a couple of days ago and I assure you of that. It was only a couple of hours ago when I logged on there this evening that I saw the evidence that it had been your IP address that had accessed the site and I was still sceptical until I saw you confirm it on here. Until then, I was willing to believe that perhaps someone had also been hacking your account.

So when the guys say that this timing had nothing to do with your campaign, you don't have to believe them, but I give you my personal word that that's the case.

OK...believe me please, your personal word is worth a lot to me.

I apologize for my previous accusation relating to the timing.

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 11:15:51 AM »

Just to clarify, this was not a sting operation. We just found out about it last night. Needless to say, I am pretty disappointed because I really thought you were one of the good guys, Franzl. I also find it extremely hypocritical that you took the AG job to uphold the law and then conspired with the criminal you just put away.

I haven't conspired with Xahar to do anything, seriously. I obtained the information for logging in from him, and have discussed various issues with him. My access of the RPP forum was my own doing. I know it's not exactly honorable what I did...but I think it's kind of harsh to claim this incident knocks me off the list of the "good guys".

Honestly, why is it so hard for people to be honest in this game? The RPP forum is not anyone's right to view it. If so, then I ask you all send me your Atlas account information so I can read through some of your PMs. I'm just curious, after all.

Yes, that is correct.
You aren't the only one involved. I'm just sorry that a 20-something year old is falling under the influence of some 15 year old maniac with no life, friends, or sense of direction. You are better than that, Franzl. Don't get all defensive now that you have been found out and start pointing the fingers at Jedi. Accessing the website is a breach of Brandon's personal property. He owns and runs the server. If he didn't give you the account information, stay out. Not EVERYTHING is yours to access. If it was, then there would be no reason to have passwords.

I have apologized to Brandon in private...and I do hope he accepts that apology. I repeat again that I am not under the influence of Xahar. Mere contact definitely doesn't equal conspiracy.
Again, I'm sorry this turned out this way. There are more people yet to be identified and it becomes more and more painful for me to do so. A lot of these people I trusted and I feel pretty betrayed by them. There's a reason Atlasia is dying, and you and others' actions are not helping the cause.

I don't want to get into a debate about what is responsible for Atlasia's downturn right now, but please....I never did anything with any of the information. It's was an invasion of your privacy, of course, but I haven't been going around parading the wonderful things I found out. I don't have any reason too. Not to mention that I have never taken an anti-RPP course, having endorsed two RPP candidates in this previous general election. Seems like that's something Xahar wouldn't agree to, doesn't it?

I apologize if it meant to sound like you accessed another Atlas forum members account. There has been a breach, but it was Mr. Xahar flaunting this and I am having a hard time believing anyone else's word who claims otherwise. Paint it as witch hunt all you want, but we need to clean this game up or it will die off. No one wants to risk having their accounts accessed without their permission if they get involved here.

It was a dumb thing to do, but I take responsibility for my actions. Concerning Xahar, I have informed Brandon of Xahar's way of getting it, perhaps you (the RPP) can take action on that. I did receive the details from Xahar...but I hope my previous record in Atlasia stands in that I have contributed to and worked for the public.

I prosecuted Xahar without any bias, just as in Benconstine's case. Xahar's case was entirely different, as he actually used and impersonated someone's Atlas account....and if that's not malicious, I don't know what is.

I repeat that my actions were stupid...embarrassing...and against friendly nature in general....but I am not involved in any conspiracy to cause instability within the RPP or Atlasia in general. Quite the contrary, I want to improve this place. I believe ideas can be proposed anywhere...and they should be listened to.

You'll also have noticed that I haven't gone back to the RPP forum since that couple of times....and that was definitely before I had any idea that you had discovered my IP. I hope that perhaps signals that I had no malicious intent.

Sorry anyway.

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 02:50:37 PM »

Not quite sure how often I can repeat my apology.

I've spoken with all affected parties and apologized directly. I've also worked directly with Duke concerning Xahar, and given all relevant information that I was aware of.

I've also considered resigning as AG, and I have offered President Bgwah my resignation and told him to decide whether it would be necessary. I am more than willing to resign as a result of this unfortunate incident.

I do want to state, however, that I will be continuing my campaign for the Senate whether I wind up resigning as AG or not....I believe that while my actions were a very bad idea and worthy of extreme criticism, that all in all, they do not affect my ability to be a Senator or take part in the political process, especially concerning the drafting of a new Atlasian constitution. But I'll leave that up to the voters to decide...I've done everything I could now.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 07:26:03 AM »

I didn't know you were interested in the position, Marokai, but I'm happy to hear about it.

You'll make a good AG. You're really active, and I'm sure you'll be better at doing the wiki that I have been. I've edited and updated various pages, but it was obviously insufficient. I said from the beginning I was more interested in the legal work Smiley Now obviously we don't want any criminal behavior in Atlasia...but I feel confident that you would prosecute competently should such an unfortunate situation occur.

Have fun with the Justice Department...I certainly enjoyed it and it was an honor to serve.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 05:47:40 PM »

I congratulate Marokai, but this idea of making AG a consolation prize for those that lose senate races is not comforting Tongue

lol, that is starting to become an Atlasian tradition, isn't it?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2009, 03:29:21 PM »

I think we're looking at a tied race here.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 05:29:09 PM »

BREAKING NEWS

After long debate, the senate has spoken and they have chosen HappyWarrior and two more months of inactivity.  Many are already speculating whether after this failure the senate will finally elect a capable PPT.

^^^^

it's precisely statements like these that made me vote against you.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 02:16:23 AM »

Congratulations to HappyWarrior....and I echo my fellow senators' wish that this Senate be much more active than the last.

Therefore, I urge HappyWarrior to begin with Marokai's confirmation and start with the legislative process quickly.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2009, 11:12:05 AM »

I greatly appreciate Afleitch's updates in his campaign thread and I hope to be able to work with him effectively in the next Senate.

On a side note....I am also regularly updating my campaign/office thread and outlining my thoughts on various current pieces of legislation. I encourage everyone to take a look and comment on anything that catches their eye.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2009, 04:28:06 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I hope they changed the name.
[/quote]

Yes, we agreed on the "Middle East Peace Act of 2009".
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2009, 08:32:30 PM »

I do agree with term limits in real life, but it's not really needed in Atlasia.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2009, 12:02:50 PM »

Well...it's sure turning into a close race....Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 03:56:20 AM »

As President, I obviously oppose all attempts by the national guard to intervene. The rioters and protesters are simple, salt of the earth folk who love their country and their region. It is to be expected that they would react with anger and civil disobedience at the overthrow of a sensible, pragmatic and liberal government and its replacement with a gang of fascists hell-bent on tyranny. These people are patriots, and their actions today are to be commended.

^^, FF
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies