where are the hotbeds of the radical right? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:00:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  where are the hotbeds of the radical right? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: where are the hotbeds of the radical right?  (Read 7739 times)
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« on: July 23, 2013, 04:48:40 PM »

Some ideas:

-Rural northern Alabama - Many of the counties here voted against lifting the interracial marriage ban in 2000, and I've also heard that it's one of the last remaining places in the united states where the KKK still has some influence.

-Elbert County, Colorado - Gave Tom Tancredo >60% of the vote in the 2010 gubernatorial race, and was his best performance in the entire state. Need I say more?

-Northern El Paso County, Colorado/South Denver metro area - This entire region in general seems to be a hotbed for both Radical anti-immigration activists (i.e. FAIR) and dominionist (i.e. focus on the family types). Elbert County probably counts, as part of this, but I wanted to mention it in particular.

-Most of WI-5 - Many of the suburbs here were spawned from the white flight phenomenon. Cities within the district include New Berlin, whose former mayor admitted that he had trouble going though with starting a mixed-income housing project because of the racism of the city's residents, and West Bend, where activists tried to remove books discussing homosexuality from the city libraries.

(All apologies to Waukesha County, BTW).
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 12:35:54 AM »

Suburban Cincinnati is a hotbed of fascist activity. The central cities, not so much.

What's going on there?
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 11:36:31 PM »

How could I have forgotten these places?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_City,_Arizona

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hildale,_Utah
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 11:30:32 PM »

Massachusetts a hotbed of the radical right? Wha?
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 04:31:00 PM »

Doesn't the fact that hotbeds of the far left are all attractive vacations spots abd hotbeds of the far right are hellholes everyone wants to avoid tell you something? 

As for the question: Forsyth, GA is your answer.  I'm glad BRTD was able to point that one out a few years back.  Northern GA as a whole seems to be right wing cuckoo land.
It works both ways. The most liberal major city in America (Detroit) is a decaying, crime ridden hellhole. The most conservative (Provo) has almost no crime, and very low unemployment.

left wing =/= democratic
Detroit proper gave Kerry over 90% of the vote. So yes it is Democratic.

Other way around. Democratic =/= left-wing. Detroit may have given Obama 98 percent of the vote, but it also narrowly voted in favor of banning gay marriage back in 2004. So, while it generally shuns conservatism as a whole, that's not to say they aren't receptive to any conservative ideals.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies