62nd Election of the PPT (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:53:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  62nd Election of the PPT (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 62nd Election of the PPT  (Read 3392 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 08, 2014, 12:09:23 PM »

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 11:34:16 AM »

Do write-ins not count as votes? This is vilely undemocratic and goes against basic Atlasian precedent to boot. You can't invalidate half the votes in an election because one guy didn't have Internet for a specific period to boot, and furthermore writing oneself in has always been treated as a de facto declaration of candidacy.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 08:56:19 PM »

Do write-ins not count as votes? This is vilely undemocratic and goes against basic Atlasian precedent to boot. You can't invalidate half the votes in an election because one guy didn't have Internet for a specific period to boot, and furthermore writing oneself in has always been treated as a de facto declaration of candidacy.

You speak as if I have the choice. I DON'T.

As the President of the  Senate, I have to respect the Senate rules. I do all I can to respect them.

I take my job very seriously. And for the write ins vote, I simply believe the PPT election doesn't allow that. I can't have feelings, I have to respect the rules. Remember that.

In case I'm wrong and that the Supreme Court believes write ins should be allowed, fine, I would respect this decision.

I respect your dedication to professionalism, Mr. Vice President, but I believe that write-in votes are votes, no?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 07:18:25 PM »

You speak as if I have the choice. I DON'T.

As the President of the  Senate, I have to respect the Senate rules. I do all I can to respect them.

I take my job very seriously. And for the write ins vote, I simply believe the PPT election doesn't allow that. I can't have feelings, I have to respect the rules. Remember that.

In case I'm wrong and that the Supreme Court believes write ins should be allowed, fine, I would respect this decision.

I respect your dedication to professionalism, Mr. Vice President, but I believe that write-in votes are votes, no?

Senator Alfred,
write in votes are obviously "votes", I'm not contesting that. Ii contest the fact that they are allowed and that they are valid.

Democracy now! *burns flag*
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies