TX: Texas Hispanic Policy Foundation: Trump +12, Kennedy @9%, Stein @2%, Oliver @1%.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:06:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  TX: Texas Hispanic Policy Foundation: Trump +12, Kennedy @9%, Stein @2%, Oliver @1%.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX: Texas Hispanic Policy Foundation: Trump +12, Kennedy @9%, Stein @2%, Oliver @1%.  (Read 580 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 16, 2024, 10:34:37 AM »

New Poll: Texas President by Texas Hispanic Policy Foundation on 2024-04-10

Summary: D: 34%, R: 46%, U: 8%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 10:48:55 AM »

Any poll that has trump approaching McCain’s 2008 TX margin is not worth the paper it’s printed on
kwabbit

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 10:54:58 AM »

Any poll that has trump approaching McCain’s 2008 TX margin is not worth the paper it’s printed on

TX was 10 points to the right of the nation in 2020. While the baseline expectation is that it will trend left, it has an average educational attainment and a high Hispanic population, so it's very simple to see why it could also be stagnant. Combine that with a narrow Trump national lead and Trump +12 is very reasonable. I think the Cygnal poll is probably a better estimate, but Trump +12 is not surprising.
Redban

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2024, 10:58:46 AM »

There is no viable scenario where Trump is tied, ahead, or within 1%  nationally; and he isn’t approaching or exceeding McCain’s 2008 TX margin. So your statement is saying that Trump can never be tied, ahead, or within 1% of the national popular vote
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2024, 11:03:42 AM »

I'm this poll I posted in Congressional Eday Cruz only up 5 on Allred
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2024, 11:18:27 AM »

There is no viable scenario where Trump is tied, ahead, or within 1%  nationally; and he isn’t approaching or exceeding McCain’s 2008 TX margin. So your statement is saying that Trump can never be tied, ahead, or within 1% of the national popular vote
Tough to turn Texas Blue when you as a Incumbent POTUS have a Favorability Rating of 37 %!

37 % FOLKS!

So Biden is - 25 while Trump is +1.

Also, Senator Cruz isn't as unpolular as the Peak Atlas Dems claim.

Finally we can now clearly say (and I know Democrats do not want to hear this) that the Immigration Issue is outweighing whatever Advantages Dems have on Abortion. At least in Texas that's the case.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2024, 11:29:20 AM »

I think the same problem that Ds have with Hogan is happening to Rs with ALLRED, it's wave insurance anyways, but I have it on my map just in case ALLRED wins

The Rs are use to running against Beto, Allred is more intelligent than Beto

Cruz is racist anyways he supported Neil Gorsuch one of the three most racist justices on the Crt, next to Alito and Thomas
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2024, 01:40:51 PM »

There is no viable scenario where Trump is tied, ahead, or within 1%  nationally; and he isn’t approaching or exceeding McCain’s 2008 TX margin. So your statement is saying that Trump can never be tied, ahead, or within 1% of the national popular vote
McCain had a lot more support in the suburbs though. Harris is going to be double digits Biden, and Fort Bend, Williamson, and Hays are gone for Trump. Dallas and Travis are much bluer than they were in 2008. Tarrant is going to be close whereas it was safe R in 2008 and Collin is nowhere as red as it once was. Even if Trump improves in the PV I don't see him recovering much in these places.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2024, 02:01:12 PM »

And basically any poll that has Biden and Trump only at 80% combined.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2024, 02:14:15 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2024, 02:18:15 PM by Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers »

Me thinks TX goes R for Prez and D for S, there are enough blks in TX that can't stand Cruz but would vote Trump. It's not that easy to run ALLRED than Beto

I wantta see Cruz lose to Allred, he voted for racist Neil Gorsuch

I can Ds winning 319 and TX going blue for S

I am donating to ALLRED, Casy, Brown, Tester, and Gallegos
super6646
Canada

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2024, 02:23:41 PM »

It’s not impossible if he can turn the tide in suburban Texas and continue making gains along the Rio grande counties.

In saying that I think Texas is within 10 pts.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2024, 07:24:11 PM »

This poll also has cross tabs specific to Hispanic voters. Note that the cross tabs have Trump/Cruz winning immigrant Hispanics while losing those who were born in the US. This directly contradicts past election results where Hispanics born in the US (especially those whose families have already been here for many generations - which was the main driver of recent R gains in South Texas) were more R-leaning than immigrant Hispanics.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2024, 04:39:01 AM »

They still print these polls out on paper?
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2024, 08:34:08 AM »

McCain had a lot more support in the suburbs though. Harris is going to be double digits Biden, and Fort Bend, Williamson, and Hays are gone for Trump. Dallas and Travis are much bluer than they were in 2008. Tarrant is going to be close whereas it was safe R in 2008 and Collin is nowhere as red as it once was. Even if Trump improves in the PV I don't see him recovering much in these places.
Harris is very hispanic. There is no universe trump gets the numbers he did nationally and not improve in Harris. I don't see it flipping but it will not be double digits
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2024, 08:39:43 AM »

Harris is very hispanic. There is no universe trump gets the numbers he did nationally and not improve in Harris. I don't see it flipping but it will not be double digits

This.  In addition, look at all the rural counties that were 65-75% McCain in 2008 but by 2022 voted practically unanimously for Abbott.  Cumulatively, they matter. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies