NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 11:39:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 115049 times)
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« on: March 01, 2021, 04:22:53 PM »

Letitia James would be the one of  black woman to win any statewide election in American history and the first in New York History. That would be amazing but historically New York doesn’t make that kinda history, being one of the few states to have never had elected a female governor, or a minority governor. This leads me to think maybe a dark horse like Biaggi could win/take the plunge against him. However the state party is changing so it could surprise me.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 12:14:23 PM »

I remember last year there were some weird muttering about how Cuomo could serve as a compromise nominee if the primary went to convention cause of how well he handled the virus. How quickly things change.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 01:42:26 PM »

Cuomo flat out says he’s not resigning
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 03:40:58 PM »

leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 12:53:47 AM »

That's what we said last time, albeit legislative leadership has now finally drawn its line in the sand - at least in terms of the sexual harassment allegations - as to what it'll take (just 1 more) for them to push him out:

The NY Democratic Party has a habit of sticking up for sexual creeps all the way to criminals, but I just have a gut feeling that being a sexual creep AND allowing your aides to alter nursing home death statistics to save face politically (during the worst pandemic in recent human history) will put him over the edge.

That or Jay Jacobs really doesn't care if this state flips red. My money is seriously shifting to the GOP candidate pulling off a massive upset.
Jay Jacobs will stick by Cuomo to the very end. He's the most loyal Cuomo hack. It will be the legislative leaders who end this, if anyone.

Someone needs to, or (insert as horrible of a candidate as Nick Langworthy wants to run) will be our next Governor.

I'm predicting Janice Dean, ESPECIALLY after this reveal, but Zeldin might jump on the opportunity given how easy of a win it'd be.

Zeldin can't win.....he'd supercharge Black and Latino turnout----Dean is too Karenish, it has to be someone who can win both wings of the GOP and appeal to Black and Latino voters--Dean, Zeldin don't think police brutality is a thing

Calling it now - NYGOP will be running 30-second ads of Dean telling her story about the nursing home family member death over some sad music, and that will win people over. She brings herself to the center and disavows some of the Fox News rhetoric she pushes? That's a candidate that can beat Cuomo.

Keith Wofford might be the closing thing you’re describing. To win New York you’d need democrats and democrats aren’t voting fir a fox persona 
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 09:48:57 AM »

This man has to go. This is disgusting behavior
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2021, 01:13:55 AM »

This feels almost coordinated in how every major democratic politician or candidate releasing their statement on the 7th. I doubt it was, but Stewart-Cousins has opened the flood gates and Cuomo is cooked
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2021, 10:41:43 PM »

Ugh Democrats really need to be the one to kick him out. I’m sure it’ll be overly bipartisan, but I feel it’d be better for the democrats to show they are drawing the hardline
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2021, 08:55:07 PM »

Assuming Cuomo was impeached instead of resigning, what would be the impeachable offence against him?

From a quick look at the allegations, I am not sure if the allegations of sexual harrassment qualify as a crime? (as opposed to say, rape, which is 100% a crime). I have no idea where the line gets drawn for sexual harrassment in legal terms, it could also be that sexual harrassment simply doesn't get prosecuted enough or that I am wrongly understanding the accusations, but being a creep is not illegal? The covid scandal could be the one though.

He definitely should resign though

Abuse of power for using his position to prey on women, not to mention the fact he cooked the books  about covid cases and threatened and intimidated legislators to keep quiet on it.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2021, 09:56:56 PM »

Reminds me of when Sanford just dipped without telling anyone to go to his mistress in Argentina
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2021, 12:50:34 AM »

Unlike Northam, most of Cuomo's problems happend while he is in office compared to whatever somebody did in the 80s. Also Cuomo has multiple problems instead of just one.

Killing thousands of seniors in nursing homes and covering it up, or wearing blackface in college one time. Gee, I wonder which one is worse.

Yea these guys haven’t been comparable from day 1 of Cuomo’s mess.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2021, 07:12:25 PM »

Satire is dead
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2021, 10:10:40 AM »

A former Lobbyist, Nicolette Davis, has accused Rep. Tom Reed of sexual harassment. She says he rubbed her back, unhooked her bra, and touched her thigh while she was sitting next to him at a bar.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/tom-reed-lobbyist-nicolette-davis/2021/03/19/10717562-84f3-11eb-8a67-f314e5fcf88d_story.html

Nicolette Davis said she was 25, on her first networking trip as a junior lobbyist for an insurance company, when she felt the 45-year-old congressman’s hand on her back. She and other lobbyists had gathered at an Irish pub in Minneapolis after a day of ice fishing, Davis told The Washington Post, and Rep. Tom Reed (R-N.Y) was seated to her left.

“A drunk congressman is rubbing my back,” she texted a friend and co-worker at Aflac that evening in 2017, adding later, “HELP HELP.”

Reed, his hand outside her blouse, briefly fumbled with her bra before unhooking it by pinching the clasp, Davis told The Post. He moved his hand to her thigh, inching upward, she said.

Frozen in fear, she said, she asked the person sitting to her right for help. He obliged by pulling the congressman away from the table and out of the restaurant, Davis said.

Reed declined to be interviewed for this story. In response to a detailed list of questions, he said in a statement provided by his office: “This account of my actions is not accurate.”

Reed is widely known to be considering a challenge to Cuomo
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2021, 10:54:18 AM »

Well, if both get nominated, we have a contest of 2 harassers (or worse). If NY nominates them, they deserve it. Sorry.

“I’m voting for Reed, he only harassed one woman!”
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2021, 07:56:20 PM »

Lee Kamikaze Zeldin will challenge Cuomo  :

I said this before in a thread about Terri Sewell, but it’s still true here. The only reason a rep would engage in such a high profile loss is they’re either auditioning for a high post (Jaime Harrison) or just looking to retire with a bang (James E Smith)
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2021, 01:47:50 PM »

Instead of Governor Hochul, James, Bellone or Suozzi, why not

Governor Hillary Rodham Clinton?

jail
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2021, 05:13:32 PM »

Lock him up
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2021, 10:23:49 PM »

I really don’t see why Hillary would want to run through a bruising battering primary (that she’d win). I can easily see some progressive (Biaggi, Jones, Williams, Nixon, Teachout…) and it’d be a mess
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2021, 10:30:38 PM »

Watch Hochul’s LG turn around and try and primary her
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2021, 02:44:50 PM »

Williams also tweeted this, but I guess we just have to wait whom ultimately gets appointed. So far, her moves seem to confirm my earlier expressions she has more potential for successful governing than many expected.

Actually doubt Williams is chosen for lt. gov. One of the black lawmakers from NYC are more likely in my opinion.

I wonder whether there's actually going to be a real primary challenge for Hochul? If she maneuvers the state safely through the coming months, why would Dems replace the 1st female gov? Same actually happened with Gilibrand, who was expected to be challenged in 2010 but never actually was. Like Hochul, she was a rep from a conservative district and suddenly elevated to a position of power. The parallels are striking.

Possible she runs virtually unopposed, but I don't want to bet at it at this point. The parallels with Gillibrand are striking indeed, though I don't know, for some reason I don't like Gillibrand very much while I find Kathy Hochul very likeable.

Gilibrand strikes me as the mom who constantly complains to the PTA about peanut butter while Hochul feels like she doesn’t care if her kids smoke weed “just be smart about it”
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2021, 12:10:11 PM »

Honestly if Hochul can unite the party and govern well, she could potentially be a front runner in 2028
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2021, 05:44:12 PM »

Williams also tweeted this, but I guess we just have to wait whom ultimately gets appointed. So far, her moves seem to confirm my earlier expressions she has more potential for successful governing than many expected.

Actually doubt Williams is chosen for lt. gov. One of the black lawmakers from NYC are more likely in my opinion.

I wonder whether there's actually going to be a real primary challenge for Hochul? If she maneuvers the state safely through the coming months, why would Dems replace the 1st female gov? Same actually happened with Gilibrand, who was expected to be challenged in 2010 but never actually was. Like Hochul, she was a rep from a conservative district and suddenly elevated to a position of power. The parallels are striking.

Possible she runs virtually unopposed, but I don't want to bet at it at this point. The parallels with Gillibrand are striking indeed, though I don't know, for some reason I don't like Gillibrand very much while I find Kathy Hochul very likeable.

Gilibrand strikes me as the mom who constantly complains to the PTA about peanut butter while Hochul feels like she doesn’t care if her kids smoke weed “just be smart about it”

What is this…based on? I see these kinds of comparisons of female politicians to different suburban mom archetypes of all the time and much less often for men.

I’m basing it on just my experience, and do it with men too. Gov. McMaster is like everyone’s least favorite racist grandparents, and his sister is Ivey. Newsom is like the evil dictator is a b movie sci-if…
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2022, 12:59:32 AM »

Zeldin will not win, but he will probably get 40% of the vote.

He should pick a minority for his running mate.

He should pick Fernando Mateo as his running mate. But Mateo is from Downstate, like Zeldin

Do you actually think the running mate means that much in a gubernatorial election? It's up for debate at the presidential level, but most lieutenant governors remain pretty low profile and may only get a few additional votes from their homebase.

In some states it’s an elected position, some it’s a ticket with the gubernatorial nominee, others they run together on a ticket in the general but not the primary. Some don’t have the position at all. So it really depends on the state
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2022, 02:32:31 PM »

Apparently he's looking at primarying James. I hope he does and gets absolutely embarrassed.

Yup, though sources claim that he was 16 or 18 million $ cash on the bank. Not that I think he'll come close to winning, but at least giving James a run for her money.

I have no idea what the primary map would even look like but I can’t imagine it’d be pretty
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2022, 12:57:05 PM »

Looks like Hochul is sitting pretty, I wonder if Williams cracks 35%
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies