Romney and Santorum should join forces at the Convention
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:29:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney and Santorum should join forces at the Convention
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney and Santorum should join forces at the Convention  (Read 1237 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 23, 2012, 11:26:05 AM »

No, I'm not talking about running mates.

-If Romney is ahead by the time of the Convention, Santorum should endorse Romney and use his influence with the Religious Right to energize Romney's campaign.

-If Santorum is ahead by the time of the Convention, Romney should use his influence with the Establishment to convince donors to support Santorum.

It's a foolproof plan! What could go wrong?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 11:27:42 AM »

You end up with Romney and Santorum on the ticket.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 12:29:34 PM »

Santorum knows Romney is trash, he's not going to support him unless it comes down to him and Obama. Gingrich and Santorum should work together if a brokered convention looks likely. Sh**ttens and Dr. Creepy can continue their alliance...
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 12:32:06 PM »

Ron Paul and Mitt are not in some alliance like many of you think.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 12:43:59 PM »

Ron Paul and Mitt are not in some alliance like many of you think.

Maybe not an "alliance" per say. It's more like Paul is the creepy acne-covered nerd and Mitt is the prettiest girl in school. Paul does Mitt's homework in the vain hope that Romney will have sex with him.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 12:49:51 PM »

Santorum knows Romney is trash, he's not going to support him unless it comes down to him and Obama.
Is that why he endorsed him in 2008?
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 12:58:57 PM »

Santorum knows Romney is trash, he's not going to support him unless it comes down to him and Obama.
Is that why he endorsed him in 2008?

Every conservative endorsed him in 2008 as the lesser of two evils. Much like conservatives will support Romney over Obama in the general after he gets the nomination. This isn't a case of incoherent flip-flopping, Mitt has that market cornered...
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 03:06:56 PM »

Unless we end up with a bitter, mutli-ballot floor fight, then I be highly shocked if either did not support the other once their opponent was the nominee.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 03:16:40 PM »

I would like to see a Romney/Paul ticket, just to irritate the social Conservatives.
Whacker77

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 04:26:34 PM »

I still say the most likely outcome is the nominee will either be Mitt Romney or someone not in the race right now.

If Mittens fails, the party insiders aren't going to go silently into the night supporting him.  Roger Stone, Nixon dirty trickster, says Jeb is reconsidering.

For a guy not running, he's attending loads of fundraisers, making speeches, writing opeds, and developing a national platform.  I think he might be preparing to run ONLY if Mitt folds up.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 04:30:08 PM »

I still say the most likely outcome is the nominee will either be Mitt Romney or someone not in the race right now.

If Mittens fails, the party insiders aren't going to go silently into the night supporting him.  Roger Stone, Nixon dirty trickster, says Jeb is reconsidering.

For a guy not running, he's attending loads of fundraisers, making speeches, writing opeds, and developing a national platform.  I think he might be preparing to run ONLY if Mitt folds up.

I've never seen a post from you that isn't about how Jeb Bush is Jesus.
Whacker77

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 04:35:03 PM »

I've never seen a post from you that isn't about how Jeb Bush is Jesus.

So.  What's your point.  I think he's the best bet and I still think it could happen if Romney fails over the next two weeks.  I'd be just as happy if Christie ran, if Rubio ran, or if Jindal ran.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies