Brian Schatz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:27:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Brian Schatz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Brian Schatz  (Read 1498 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2014, 12:31:05 PM »

How do we know Hillary is so big on "loyalty"?

At the end of the day, the VP doesn't really matter.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2014, 03:22:39 PM »

How do we know Hillary is so big on "loyalty"?

At the end of the day, the VP doesn't really matter.
I am conflating Bill and Hillary here, but I've yet to see an argument that their opinions on loyalty differ.

Bill Clinton has campaigned for people who supported Hillary over Obama in 2008.

Bill Clinton did not appoint anyone who ran against him in the 1992 primary to significant office. Prominent Democrats who chose not to run in 1992 were offered major posts. Al Gore became Vice-President. Mario Cuomo and George Mitchell were offered posts on the Supreme Court. Lloyd Bentsen became Treasury Secretary. Tom Foley became Ambassador to Japan.

Hillary has demonstrated pettiness in the past. She cancelled a campaign appearance with Claire McCaskill when the then-Attorney General of Missouri had the temerity to say that she would not allow her 17 year old daughter to be alone in a room with Bill Clinton.
"'Oeps!' De blunders van Rick Perry Indicted"
DarthNader

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2014, 04:28:06 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2014, 04:32:51 PM by "'Oeps!' De blunders van Rick Perry Indicted" »

I am conflating Bill and Hillary here, but I've yet to see an argument that their opinions on loyalty differ.

Bill Clinton has campaigned for people who supported Hillary over Obama in 2008.

This is also known as rewarding your supporters.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

There were more prominent Dems who didn't run in '92 than did. Of the people who ran, they were either dying (Tsongas), scandal-tainted (Wilder), bitter about losing (Kerrey, Brown) or valuable allies in key Senate seats (Harkin). Not a good group to fill your cabinet. And really, Cuomo and Clinton were at loggerheads for a long time, more so than some of the guys who ran.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's not really petty; that was an incredibly tacky thing to say in public. If I said, "I don't want my daughter driving home with a Kennedy," I wouldn't expect a Kennedy to campaign with me the following day.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2014, 04:39:24 PM »

Hillary won't pick him. The Clintons have a list.

He also doesn't bring any electoral advantage or needed experience.

This.

As probably the most pro-Hanabusa person on here during the primary, I'll say that I'm starting to warm up to Schatz. I kinda just hope he stays in the Senate for the next 3-5 decades to build up seniority for HI.

Why is seniority for a state that's not yours in any way a good thing? Nostalgia?
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2014, 04:42:41 PM »

This.

As probably the most pro-Hanabusa person on here during the primary, I'll say that I'm starting to warm up to Schatz. I kinda just hope he stays in the Senate for the next 3-5 decades to build up seniority for HI.

Why is seniority for a state that's not yours in any way a good thing? Nostalgia?

Maybe he cares about Hawaii. Wink
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2014, 02:30:20 AM »

This.

Because he's pretty vocal in standing up for Democratic principles and I'd like him to have more influence over time Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies