Trump's mantra: "It's all about ME!" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:21:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump's mantra: "It's all about ME!" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump's mantra: "It's all about ME!"  (Read 2740 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: October 01, 2017, 01:48:01 PM »

Perhaps people like this.  They say they don't, but most "strong leaders" make it about "them", do they not?  

People disrespect people all day long.  I think that most Americans secretly like Trump telling folks off; they wish they could do it themselves in more situations than they do.  Trump doesn't meekly take people crapping on him.  He takes no excrement.  Folks like that more than they let on, and respect that quality more than they do graciousness.  

Public leaders - the president especially, are supposed to be more dignified than this. Like it has been said many times before, Trump acts like that guy "at the end of the bar." He doesn't think about what he says, and he is just by nature a crude man. That is not the ideal personality for a president, by far. They need to be measured, calculating and respectful.

I really don't see how there is any justifying his behavior as president. It's embarrassing, and at least going by polls, America as a whole does not seem too thrilled by it either.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 01:12:53 PM »

He ran billion dollar business and won primary and presidential elections against all odds. It's time to admit he's not stupid.

It depends on what you classify as stupid. Trump undeniably knows how to work a room, which is fantastic for a politician, but business-wise, Trump made a lot of very costly mistakes decades ago (as one put it, "how do you lose a billion dollars in the 90s?"), and he has run up a lot of debt. Nonetheless it's still something that he recovered and retooled his business around his personal brand, but I think it would be a mistake to call Trump a well-rounded man. By all accounts, he is not a good businessman. He is a good promoter, which was enough to win a primary and get elected against the 2nd most unpopular candidate in modern history.

As we can see now, he's really an awful politician. He can't control himself, is not strategic and doesn't listen to people. Most of Trump's big issues to date have been self-inflicted wounds, such as firing Comey and then basically stating it was due to the Russia investigation on live TV. That got Mueller instated and the rest we all know.

So no, while I'd say he has smarts in some areas, he is overall probably an idiot of sorts.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 04:00:26 PM »

Democrats really need to stop underestimating Trump if they want to win in 2020. Don't get fooled by his offensive and primitive style that is just a theater for public. He's without any doubt at least in top 10% most intelligent people in the US. Just because you're not his target audience doesn't mean he's stupid.

So all his self-destructive behavior both before and after becoming president is part of a master plan or something?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies