Republicans still talking about rape, for some reason
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:10:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans still talking about rape, for some reason
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Republicans still talking about rape, for some reason  (Read 5248 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2013, 06:20:58 AM »

It's amusing how certain posters can manage to look like idiots even when advancing a fairly simple case.

It's pretty obvious that rape can result in pregnancy, no one in this thread is contesting that. The empirical question whether it affects the likelihood is just that - it's not an ideological question. And no one here is a medical expert as far as I know.

Evolutionary speaking one would think that it should make sense for women to be more likely to get pregnant if they want to. Like, that seems as if it should be a smart setup. Statistical analysis on this (like the link posted in this thread from a research paper by an English major (yes, really)) seems unlikely to answer the question since there must be so much uncertainty in this kind of data.

I find the actual question to be of some academic interest (though I don't see it as having many interesting political consequences) so I'm going to look at some of the other links posted.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies