5.000 people turn out for Bernie Sanders @ University of Denver (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:28:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  5.000 people turn out for Bernie Sanders @ University of Denver (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 5.000 people turn out for Bernie Sanders @ University of Denver  (Read 5403 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: June 21, 2015, 12:41:01 PM »

wow only 5,000 came out in support of getting money for free?

91,000 people voted for nader in 2000. Id say he's underperforming among his own far left fanbase.

I hope this isn't meant to be a real post.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 05:02:17 PM »

It should be noted that there is frequently a large difference between those who have an intense base of support and those who have a large base of support.

No insult meant to Sanders or his supporters, but at this point I'd say he is the film equivalent of a 'cult movie.'

Well, I love a good cult movie. Quite obviously.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 05:07:44 PM »

One problem for Sanders is that he has little support outside the Latte Liberal left wing activist crowd. Obama was able to fuse together the activist base and added on African American support to win the primary. It was a close run thing, he even lost the popular vote.

Blacks and other minorities appear to be sticking with Hillary. Sanders will struggle to break out of the activist base. Atlas and Daily Kos are not even remotely close to the average Democrat.

Depends what tabulation of the popular vote you're looking at.

I agree with what you've said here for the most part though.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 06:57:04 PM »

One problem for Sanders is that he has little support outside the Latte Liberal left wing activist crowd. Obama was able to fuse together the activist base and added on African American support to win the primary. It was a close run thing, he even lost the popular vote.

Blacks and other minorities appear to be sticking with Hillary. Sanders will struggle to break out of the activist base. Atlas and Daily Kos are not even remotely close to the average Democrat.

Depends what tabulation of the popular vote you're looking at.

I agree with what you've said here for the most part though.

Yea Florida and Michigan broke the rules , but to be fair Obama would have lost Florida by maybe around 55-45 and Michigan by a similar margin as well. Both were good states for Hillary demographically.

Those losses still would have given him enough votes to win the nationwide popular vote though, I believe.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 05:45:43 PM »

NH is now a single digit race according to CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/25/politics/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-martin-omalley-new-hampshire-poll/
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies