If a woman is qualified to be on a men's sports team... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:16:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  If a woman is qualified to be on a men's sports team... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...should she be allowed?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: If a woman is qualified to be on a men's sports team...  (Read 5405 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« on: November 04, 2005, 12:45:40 AM »

I watch women's sports for a number of reasons

1) sex appeal
2) I like watching that sport
3) as a political statement
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 01:42:29 AM »

So should men then be allowed in women's golf?  I'm sure most professional male golfers are qualified to play at the level of the women's PGA.

In one word:  No.  That's sorta like saying should you or I be able to compete in the Special Olympics?

So you are implying that women have inferior capabilities to men.  The Special Olympics are for people who are retarded or have physical deformities.  I don't say that to malign them, but their capabilities are inferior to average people, like it or not.

I'm curious if the physical differences actually come into play in a sport like golf.  It seems to me that it's different from most sports in that it's not so much about one's muscle mass than it is about one's ability to handle the clubs in a skillful manner; I think that women would probably be at less of a disadvantage in that game.

Golf requires driving the ball long distances. Muscle mass is needed for this exercise. Other than that, it is a level playing field.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 11:25:14 PM »

1) sex appeal

The first two reasons are good ones.  The third is total bulls&$t.  You really need to be deprogrammed if you're serious about that.

To be deprogrammed requires being programmed in the first place, prude.

Seriously, getting off topic here... but I think in the case of hockey, they should alow women to play the game with men's rules. None of this p*ssy no bodychecking and no fighting... and those damned caged helmets! Hocke y is not meant to babied up like that. Women may not be as strong as men, but when you get to be a big tough hockey player, there is no reason why they would be too fragile for bodychecks and fighting.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 12:12:23 AM »

1) sex appeal

The first two reasons are good ones.  The third is total bulls&$t.  You really need to be deprogrammed if you're serious about that.

To be deprogrammed requires being programmed in the first place, prude.

dude, if you're watching women's sports to make a political statement, you are programmed

By who? And for the record, it has very little to do with politics.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies