Two car bombs found in London (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:30:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Two car bombs found in London (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Two car bombs found in London  (Read 8636 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 29, 2007, 03:14:31 PM »

I guess so. Keep in mind, the UK has more liberal leadership...and lacks things such as wiretapping and the Patriot Act. The stuff that has kept the USA safe is not in place in the UK.

I tell ya...these terrorists like attacking in Summer.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 03:33:59 PM »

I guess so. Keep in mind, the UK has more liberal leadership...and lacks things such as wiretapping and the Patriot Act. The stuff that has kept the USA safe is not in place in the UK.

I tell ya...these terrorists like attacking in Summer.

Er, the bombs were discovered before they could kill anyone.  So that means that this is a job well done by those involved.

No doubt. Where did I say it wasn't? What I'm saying is...there are not as many rules and acts such as the Patriot Act in place in the UK.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 06:07:46 PM »

FOX NEWS is the only real network giving substantal coverage of the thwarted attacks.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 06:41:26 PM »

Hey, I know i'm behind the times, but are we absolutely sure its al-qaida...I'm sure the odds are it is, but can we eliminate other groups who would pull a stunt like this? IRA (or perhaps a splinter group off of it) etc?

No doubt. Not every terrorist is connected to al-qaida. The IRA are nasty bunch of folks, no doubt.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 01:47:35 AM »

You wanna know what's funny? Sean Hannity basically said the EXACT same thing I said yesterday at 9pm EDT on Hannity and Colmes. I'm not the only one saying it.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 04:14:44 AM »

You wanna know what's funny? Sean Hannity basically said the EXACT same thing I said yesterday at 9pm EDT on Hannity and Colmes. I'm not the only one saying it.

You and Hannity are of the same mind...is anyone surprised?

Hannity said what I have been saying. It's not even politics. Why would anyone...any human being....politics aside...want to get rid of things such as wiretapping terrorists and the Patriot Act...which can and are saving hundreds or thousands of lives?

It's like as if people were going around saying "Let's abolish medicine!" Why? It helps cure sickness...why in the world would you want to abolish it?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 11:49:25 AM »

Is it known whether anyone (apart from the people in the car) was hurt in the Glasgow airport thing? It seems a really strange thing to do as a terrorist attack, especially since the car didn't seem to have explosives in it.

If it was it was botched. What may have happened is that the device didn't quite do what it was supposed to. There may not have been a device at all; it also seems like it was a rather crude petrol bomb.

It would be interesting to know why Glasgow was a target.

The same reason why New York and Washington and London are all targets. The terrorists are in a holy war with any people or country that doesn't live their religion and way of life. They don't care where it is in the world. They have attacked the U.S., the U.K., Tarzania, Saudia Arabia, Iraq, and they are locked in a war against us.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 11:56:51 AM »

No its not the 'terrorists' its the dar-al-islam which is at war against everyone else. If they keep escalating(forst 9/11 now rumors of them trying to start forestfires) it will eventually get to the point where the ban on genocide is repealed and both arabic and the call to prayer are only heard in hell. I'd rather NOT have WWIII but too late to fix things NOW...

We've been in an unofficial World War III for the last several years.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 12:25:12 PM »

Breaking News >> U.S. Orders Boost of Airport Security in Wake of London, Glasgow Terrorist Acts
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 12:34:22 PM »

Yep, even more airport security...that's just what America needs.

I flew to Fort Lauderdale from Cleveland last month, and I found it to be much easier than I was expecting. Take off your shoes, put them and any objects into the bin...walk through...grab your shoes and objects...and be on your way. It probably took me 1 min 30 sec at most.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 12:37:51 PM »

ABC News has just broken into Special Coverage...still waiting on NBC and CBS.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies