The "Life" Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:59:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The "Life" Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The "Life" Bill  (Read 5768 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: August 05, 2004, 02:35:31 AM »

I would propose the following legislation to the Congress:

Section A

This nation shall recongnize that Life is the fundamental right guaranteed by our Constitution.

Section B

1) In so doing, we also recongnize the fundamental rights of the fetus as a living person.

2) In recongnizing this fact, we determine that, henceforth, all abortions preformed, except in exrtaordinary circumstances, such as, rape, incest, or life of the mother, shall be demed illegal.

3) That the decision of this Congress shall be backed by the fullest extent of the law.  All doctors found to have preformed any proceedure which falls under the afor-mentioned context, shall be striped of their license to practice and shall be penalized with no less than 5 years spent in prison and no more than 10.

4) Along these lines, any woman having aborted a fetus shall be placed under conciling, paid for by the region where the woman claims residence.

Section C

1) In recognizng the right to Life for all (including the unborn), we too recongnize it for all those having commited what we deem "federal offenses".

2) In recongnizing this fact, we determine that, henceforth, all those found to have commited "capitol crimes" shall be excused from "Death Row" and, in the future, no one shall be sentenced to death anywhere in this nation, excepting extraordinary circumstances, such as High Treason, Mass Murder, Mass Terrorism and Serial Murder.

3) That the desissions of this Congress shall be backed by the fullest extent of the Courts.  All "Capitol Cases" shall be brought to Federal Court and shall not involve the Regional Courts.

Section D

This Bill shall become effective immediatly after passage by Congress.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 02:49:36 AM »

I will vote for A and B. Part C I strongly oppose.

It is engineered to be a compromise bill, Sen. Statesrights.  Each side will get something that they want and we all get what we know to be right in the end.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 03:49:26 AM »

I can NOT compromise on weakening capital punishment.

Well, how exactly do you expect to get the Left to compromise on abortion?  It we are going to author legislation to respect life, it must concern all Life and adress the concerns of all involved.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 03:59:28 PM »

Can the Vice-President propose legislation? I just need clarification on that.

No where in the Constitution does it say that I can't.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 04:04:37 PM »

I oppose this bill, as well. We already have illegal abortions after the first trimester, and that's good enough.

And your exceptions to the no capital punishment rule completely contradict the point of outlawing capital punishment.

How so?

The Bill states that abortion should not be allowed barring extraordinary circumstances and like wise for capital punishment.  I see no contradiction.  If we are to allow killing under one set of extraordinary circumstances, why not another?

Certainly, the law is meant to protect those who can be rehabilitated and for those who are so sick that they cannot see the fault of their actions, well....
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 05:15:08 PM »

I oppose this bill, as well. We already have illegal abortions after the first trimester, and that's good enough.

If this Congress has already recongnized the legal rights of the unborn child after three months gestation, what exactly, is preventing this body from recongnizing those rights before this time?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 06:28:32 PM »

I understand the concerns of the various parties, that is why I forwarded this proposal.  Clearly, no one is willing to attempt a solution.  My mistake.  I guess I assumed that people with such strongly held beliefs could, at least, see the logic and prudence in teying to make some steps in the right direction here.  Everyone is out to defend their own territory on this issue, as they seem to believe that that their oppinions are more important than results.  Well, I retract my proposal in that case, since there is no support for this measure.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2004, 03:22:26 AM »

we already have a suitable abortion bill. Now lets debate the death penalty bill. Putting them together is like putting bacon and fudge together. Snaps to whoever gets the reference. Cheesy

How so?  They are both important questions concerning our respect for Life.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2004, 01:20:43 PM »

If you had eliminated the exception to the death penalty, I would have supported it.

Why allow abortion under extraordinary circumstances, but not the Death Penalty?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2004, 03:19:50 AM »

I demand action on this Bill.  It seems imperitive to me that the most important job of the government is to protect the lives of it's citizens.  I demand action.  I demand that this Bill be given consideration and that we have an up and down vote on it, so that all Senators be put on record as having supported or opposed this.

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2004, 03:51:50 PM »

How come Conservatives who want smaller government insist on government running women's lives and restricting their freedom.

We don't believe in smaller government.  We believe in free markets and traditional values.  We only look hypocritical if you mis-state our philosophy.

Ford, bingo.  I would also say that I want more effecient social programs that acctually punish, rather than reward, abusers.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2004, 03:34:13 AM »

As this bill has now become irrelivant, I see no reason for a vote.

I woudl like to say though, that I can only express my dissatisfaction with a Congress that so highly values the lives of convicted murderers, terrorist, and rapists, but puts such a low value on the lives of the innocent unborn.

I retract my bill from consideration.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies