Bill to outlaw the UAC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:52:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Bill to outlaw the UAC
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bill to outlaw the UAC  (Read 1581 times)
qwerty
Dick Nixon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 11, 2004, 06:17:52 AM »

This bill will ensure the following:

1 - The UAC will be hereinafter dissolved
2 - Members of the UAC will be executed unless they take an oath of loyalty to the Atlasian government
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 06:30:35 AM »

This is a very interesting idea, but i'm afraid I cannot support it. No party should be outlawed, mate-but obviously, you should campaign strongly against them if you feel it's important to, and the voters of your district will agree with you Smiley
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 08:05:23 AM »
« Edited: August 11, 2004, 08:16:14 AM by Fritz »

57opinions has no power to introduce bills.  I suggest this be ignored.  I have reported his post to moderator, not that that will do any good, but I do think statements of a threatening nature are inappropriate here.

Actually, I would strongly suggest that a UAC member bring supreme court action against 57opinions, for making threats and engaging in trollish behaviour.  I thought about doing this myself, but I think the plaintiff ought to be someone he has actually threatened.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 09:05:04 AM »

This is another example of the Gustaf Administrations failures to fight trollism.
W in 2004
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 08:43:18 PM »

57opinions has no power to introduce bills.  I suggest this be ignored.  I have reported his post to moderator, not that that will do any good, but I do think statements of a threatening nature are inappropriate here.

Actually, I would strongly suggest that a UAC member bring supreme court action against 57opinions, for making threats and engaging in trollish behaviour.  I thought about doing this myself, but I think the plaintiff ought to be someone he has actually threatened.

I do not believe that proposing a bill to outlaw the UAC is deserving of banning, even though I disagree with the bill.  As one who voted against him in the republican primary, I was indirectly threatened.  I do not like the idea of banning people because I am afraid it could be used for political purposes.  If he continues to act like this, banning may be necessary.  I cannot think of any other member who could be appropriately banned.  I would suggest as a rule for banning that many of those requesting banning must be from the outlaw’s party and that a specific number of members requesting banning be required.  I guess if we did ban him, he could just come back with a new identity.  I hope that 57 opinions will stop the threats and racist names.  I hope that everyone, including him, can find a place at the election atlas forum.  
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 11:31:40 PM »

I did not necessarily suggest banning him- we don't really have the power to do that anyways; only Dave can do that.  I suggested supreme court action, I did not say what the punishment for his crimes should be.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 11:32:18 PM »

Outlawing a party would destroy all our rights as a democracy. This bill can't even be introduce by NixonNow according the Constitution.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004, 06:48:42 AM »

I did not necessarily suggest banning him- we don't really have the power to do that anyways; only Dave can do that.  I suggested supreme court action, I did not say what the punishment for his crimes should be.

Why don't we just not listen to him? Don't respond to anything he says, nutty or not, until he stops making stupid posts.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies