What are your stances on personal and imposed masking and vaccines (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 03:39:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What are your stances on personal and imposed masking and vaccines (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What are your stances on personal and imposed masking and vaccines  (Read 834 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: July 24, 2021, 08:04:58 AM »

One can argue where the lines should be drawn,  but I swing pretty hard away from the libertarian position in favor of the authoritarian position on this one. It's the tragedy of the commons in reverse, or something. One loose cannon rolling around out there, is that we don't know everything yet about the Delta variant, and just how bullet proof vaccinated but otherwise high risk people are from it, and we do know that without herd immunity, those not vaccinated serve as a breeding ground for new variants. Do we really need to go through the rest of the alphabet to get from the Detla variant to the Zap variant, just to give every letter its own turn?

I do loathe wearing masks, and I do have some trouble breathing in them, but the sooner we achieve herd immunity, the sooner we all, all of us, can throw the damn things away. In the meantime, it has been 1.5 years since I step foot inside a restaurant or bar, and I wonder if I will ever fly in an airplane again. I appreciate the planet does not revolve around me, but damn it, I am a person too.

Thank you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies