Office of Assemblyman Gass3268
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:35:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Assemblyman Gass3268
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13
Author Topic: Office of Assemblyman Gass3268  (Read 24656 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: November 24, 2014, 07:08:23 PM »

Voting closes soon, please go vote for me!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #251 on: February 04, 2015, 05:59:19 PM »

Press Conference in Cheesewhiz, Vitality, Midwest

As of just minutes ago I took the oath of office to replace Ex-Govenor LeBron FitzGerald, who was found guilty of voter intimidation and sentenced to a one year ban on holding any office under the Republic of Atlasia, as the new Governor of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest. With there being less than 30 days until the next scheduled Governor's election in the Midwest, there will be no special election and I will serve out the remainder of Ex-Governor FitzGerald's term. I am also taking this time to announce that I will be running for Office of Governor in the upcoming election. 

My main goal for the remainder of the term is to bring back stability to our region and its government. For too long there has been For too long we have been dealing with distractions that have prevented our region from moving forward. Too many pieces of legislation have been siting on the Governor's desk awaiting a signature. After this press conference I will be getting in contact with PPT GAworth to devise plan on how to solve our current issues.

Finally, I hope to restore the dignity of the office that has been tarnished by recent events. There are have been many great Governor's in the Midwest and I hope that I can do my part to help this great Region make a comeback.

I will take questions now.

SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #252 on: February 04, 2015, 06:27:52 PM »

Endorsed!
Representative Joe Mad
Joe Mad
Rookie

« Reply #253 on: February 04, 2015, 07:05:53 PM »

Quite the rise you've made, Governor Gass.  As a member of the Althing, I look forward to working with you, as it has already been a pleasure working with you, either side by side as a Representative or during the rather brief period with you as Archduke. 
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #254 on: February 04, 2015, 07:07:43 PM »

Glad to see someone competent at the helm again as Midwest Governor. Good luck.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #255 on: February 08, 2015, 07:57:28 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Governor, the Althing has passed this bill with 3 Ayes and it awaits your signature, veto, or redraft.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #256 on: February 09, 2015, 05:46:43 PM »

My first actions as Governor will to finally have the following bills signed into law:

x Gass3268

x Gass3268

x Gass3268

Lastly I am currently in the process of looking for a Chief Justice Officer and a Bank Chair. Anyone who is interested should PM me.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #257 on: February 11, 2015, 04:04:15 AM »

You guys should probably get rid of the bank chair as a playable role. Seems strange to have it that way.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #258 on: February 11, 2015, 01:12:58 PM »

I have chosen to nominate ilikeverin for Chief Justice Officer and GAworth for Bank Chair. Due to the long vacancies in both positions, I hope that the Alþing will move quickly on their conformation hearings.

You guys should probably get rid of the bank chair as a playable role. Seems strange to have it that way.

GAworth came up with the idea of the Bank Chair and I think it would be fair to see what he does with the position before making any decisions on wether we need it or not.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #259 on: February 11, 2015, 01:57:41 PM »

I have chosen to nominate ilikeverin for Chief Justice Officer and GAworth for Bank Chair. Due to the long vacancies in both positions, I hope that the Alþing will move quickly on their conformation hearings.

GAworth came up with the idea of the Bank Chair and I think it would be fair to see what he does with the position before making any decisions on wether we need it or not.

Fair enough, I'm just being bothersome Tongue
Arturo Belano

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #260 on: February 12, 2015, 10:22:45 PM »

Endorsed! I wish you the best of luck!
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #261 on: February 12, 2015, 11:00:32 PM »

Endorsed, of course.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #262 on: February 13, 2015, 12:02:09 AM »

Endorsed.  Smiley
Representative Joe Mad
Joe Mad
Rookie

« Reply #263 on: February 13, 2015, 03:51:41 PM »

Your rise to this position has been well deserved.  Endorsed.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #264 on: February 13, 2015, 03:58:30 PM »

What the hell...

Endorsed.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #265 on: February 14, 2015, 10:53:02 PM »

My Governor, the Althing has passed the Heating Fuel Tax Reduction Bill with three ayes.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #266 on: February 15, 2015, 02:44:05 AM »

Endorsed
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #267 on: February 15, 2015, 01:12:49 PM »

x Gass3268
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #268 on: February 15, 2015, 01:24:11 PM »

Also I would like to thank everyone who has endorsed me over the past couple of days.

Later today or tomorrow I'll have a post on campaign promises and things I would like to seen passed through the legislature if elected for a full term.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #269 on: February 16, 2015, 07:24:18 PM »

Press Conference in Denver, Mirth, Most Serene Republic of the Midwest

If elected to a full term as Governor of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest, I promise to uphold the following promises: 

Provide leadership and stability to the office of Governor. I promise that there will be no scandals, no instances of voting intimidation, and yes I believe in the Theory of Evolution.

Always have an open office to fellow Midwestern Citizens. Feel free to PM me at any time about anything related to what is going on in our region. If at any point you have legislation you would like me to introduce into the Althing, just shoot it too me and I’ll be happy to get it to the floor on your behalf. Even if it is on a subject I am opposed to, I will still introduce it on your behalf.

Lead an effort to clean up our Constitution. Currently the text is very unorganized and in many parts lacks clarity or makes numerous assumptions. I would like to do this without a constitutional convention, but it may come to that. 

Use our budget surplus to help those at the bottom of the economic ladder. This includes lowering the sales tax and making it more affordable to attend secondary school.

Protect our workers from any efforts to take what belongs to them. This includes wages, expected raises, and collective bargaining rights. I am absolutely opposed to any wage freeze for public sector workers.   

Make the Midwest the most environmentally friendly region in Atlasia. This will include implementing more stringent regulations to fracking to make it as safe as possible to the public, placing a small tax on single use bags to promote the usage of reusable bags, and providing tax credits to encourage green energy businesses to move to our region.

Grin *hughughug* Governor Gass3268 *hughughug* Grin
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #270 on: February 18, 2015, 04:13:58 PM »

Just a heads up to everyone in the Midwest that the Gubernatorial election will commence tonight at midnight on February 19, 2015. The election will conclude five days later also at midnight on February 23, 2015.

Regardless of politics or results, I'm hoping that we have a very high turnout! Grin
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #271 on: February 24, 2015, 12:21:06 AM »

Thank you too all who have voted in the Midwest Gubernatorial election. Trilled to see such a high turnout!

I'll will have a victory speech sometime tomorrow! *hughughug* Grin
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #272 on: February 24, 2015, 04:16:16 PM »

Gass3268 Campaign Headquarters, Winnipeg, Fidelity, Most Serene Republic of the Midwest

First I would like to thank the Midwest's own Trampled By Turtles for their incredible performance. You can't beat that for an introduction!

Thank you Most Serene Republic of the Midwest for electing me to a full term as Governor! It is a position of great responsibility and I am honored that the People of this great regions have entrusted me to uphold this office. I promise I will not let you down!

There are many people I would like to thank. First I would like to thank the members of my party who took the time to come out and vote for me. This includes Arturo Belano, Brewer, Fritz, Joe Mad, Marokai Blue, MaxQue, Murica!, TNF and Tyrion. I would not be here with out you guys. I also need to give a shutout to Adam Griffin, Talleyrand, TNF and windjammer for there assistance on campaign logistics. 

I would equally like to thank those who voted for me who are not Laborites. This includes GAwoth, ilikeverin, Thomas D and Velasco. I am extremely grateful of your vote and support! I would like to give a huge shoutout to GAworth for his work in the Alþing, especially over the past few hectic months. I am looking forward to continuing our working on moving our region forward!

Lastly, I would like to thank Foucaulf for running a very active and direct campaign. I would even like to thank those who voted against me in this election. The turnout for this election amazing and I am trilled that so many Midwesterners voted. I hope that civic engagement continues into the future. Also just because you supported Foucaulf in the election, does not mean my door is shut to you. If you have any issues, ideas, or pieces of legislations that you would like to discuss with me, just shoot me a PM or post a message here. I am also willing to put forward any piece of legislation to the Alþing presented to me by a Midwestern, regardless of my view point on it, for the Alþing to debate on it.

Just because the campaign is over does not mean I will turn my back on the promises I made. I still promise to provide stable leadership, an open office to all Midwesterners, an effort to clean up the Constitution, help those at the bottom of the economic ladder, protect our works and make the Midwest the most environmentally friendly region in Atlasia.

Grin *hughughug* Grin   

Governor Gass3268
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #273 on: February 24, 2015, 04:19:12 PM »

Glorious news & congratulations, ol' Comrade!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #274 on: February 25, 2015, 09:11:37 PM »
« Edited: March 01, 2015, 06:19:57 PM by Governor Gass3268 »

I am activating the LSW Corps of the Midwest in response to the horrendous attack in Topeka, Harmony. They will be deployed to the city to help assist local law enforcement and relief agencies with search and rescue. Expect more updates from this office as the situation continues to develop.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of this horrific attack.  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies