Youngest Forum Member?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:30:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Youngest Forum Member?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Youngest Forum Member?  (Read 12974 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2008, 10:14:30 PM »

Xahar is probably the smartest 13 year old I've ever "met". The contrast between him and say Evilmexicandicatator is confounding

I completely scare the hell out of people at school when I pull out my tomes on Napoleon during the announcements. That's all I'll say.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2008, 10:15:43 PM »

Xahar is probably the smartest 13 year old I've ever "met". The contrast between him and say Evilmexicandicatator is confounding

I completely scare the hell out of people at school when I pull out my tomes on Napoleon during the announcements. That's all I'll say.

I read an historical atlas/dictionary on the school bus once. It became known school-wide that I read dictionaries for fun.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2008, 10:16:01 PM »

Xahar is probably the smartest 13 year old I've ever "met".

Same here. I've never known a thirteen year old who knows so much about politics and history.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2008, 10:18:55 PM »

I'm pretty impressed with the younger posters. They post at a level higher than certain posters in their late teens and 20s.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2008, 10:20:47 PM »

I can imagine; my friends thought I was nuts when I brought Master of the Senate to school.  Plus, some of them are rather angry at me for taking their money off of this stuff.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2008, 10:23:34 PM »

I can imagine; my friends thought I was nuts when I brought Master of the Senate to school. 

I'm surprised that people think your nuts for bringing books, such as Master of the Senate to school. They didn't complain when I brought a biography of LBJ into school, likewise when I read a book on the history of the ALP.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2008, 10:25:10 PM »

I can imagine; my friends thought I was nuts when I brought Master of the Senate to school. 

I'm surprised that people think your nuts for bringing books, such as Master of the Senate to school. They didn't complain when I brought a biography of LBJ into school, likewise when I read a book on the history of the ALP.

They just thought it was weird I was reading a book that huge; they had the same reaction when I read The Illiad.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2008, 10:27:04 PM »

They just thought it was weird I was reading a book that huge; they had the same reaction when I read The Illiad.

I wonder how my friends will react when I bring in The American Melodrama: The Presidential Campaign of 1968 to school for wider reading this year? It's a massive book, more than 1000 pages for sure. That should be fun.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2008, 10:28:07 PM »

I wonder how my friends will react when I bring in The American Melodrama: The Presidential Campaign of 1968 to school for wider reading this year? It's a massive book, more than 1000 pages for sure. That should be fun.

They probably won't be too surprised.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2008, 10:28:50 PM »

They probably won't be too surprised.

They probably won't, but it's always good to dream.........
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2008, 11:03:33 PM »

Oh come on. I am evil, a dictator and mexican. How can I not be smart? lol
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2008, 11:03:47 PM »

I remember when I brought Shirer's The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich to school, to read after I finished standardized testing. They never acted surprised again.

I read an historical atlas/dictionary on the school bus once. It became known school-wide that I read dictionaries for fun.

I'm not the only person who's experienced that? Good to know.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2008, 11:12:11 PM »

I remember when I brought Shirer's The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich to school, to read after I finished standardized testing. They never acted surprised again.

You guys make me look like the most Awesome, popular kid on Earth, with everyone knowing about my nerdiness.
That is saying something....
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2008, 11:13:28 PM »

You guys make me look like the most Awesome, popular kid on Earth, with everyone knowing about my nerdiness.

What kind of 13-15 year old frequents a political forum? I ca only think of two people to whom I've mentioned this whose eyes haven't glazed over.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2008, 11:17:34 PM »

What kind of 13-15 year old frequents a political forum? I ca only think of two people to whom I've mentioned this whose eyes haven't glazed over.
I don't even know why I do this. Seriously. It is just good to talk with people who know a lot about this stuff. I did other forums too when I was even 12 and going into 7th grade, but about historical PC games.
If I had to start over again at 6th Grade, I would never be on here, and I would be an average apathetic teenager.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2008, 11:17:38 PM »

This thread makes me feel absolutely ancient. Just a year ago or so, I was one of the youngest at 5-16-1991, but I see the tables have surely turned! Smiley
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2008, 11:24:17 PM »

I read The Prince at 16, my father's European history college textbook at 14.  I tried to get through the Inferno at 10, but failed.  I didn't publish my first article until I was 27.  My first part of a book wasn't until I was 38, and the only one where I was the principle author wasn't until I was 41.

I'll be 46 this year.  I might be the oldest poster.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2008, 11:26:02 PM »

I read The Prince at 16, my father's European history college textbook at 14.  I tried to get through the Inferno at 10, but failed.  I didn't publish my first article until I was 27.  My first part of a book wasn't until I was 38, and the only one where I was the principle author wasn't until I was 41.

I read Lord of the Rings at age 8, but your accomplishment is greater.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2008, 11:28:13 PM »

You know I read the Guns of the South by Harry Turtledove when I was in 5th grade, and How Few Remain when I was in 4th grade. I actually understodd them too.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2008, 11:29:17 PM »

You know I read the Guns of the South by Harry Turtledove when I was in 5th grade, and How Few Remain when I was in 4th grade. I actually understodd them too.

Hate to say it, but the books JJ and I read were a lot harder to understand than the Turtledove books.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2008, 11:31:18 PM »

Hate to say it, but the books JJ and I read were a lot harder to understand than the Turtledove books.
Lord of the Rings? I read that in 4th too.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2008, 11:32:10 PM »

Lord of the Rings? I read that in 4th too.

No, no, I read it when I was 8 years old, that means I had it finished by the end of 2nd grade.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2008, 11:32:51 PM »

Being old, or having a boring childhood?  Wink
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2008, 11:33:37 PM »

Being old, or having a boring childhood?  Wink

Boring childhood Wink
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2008, 11:34:46 PM »

I really hate being a super nerd too.........
It is like I worry about things that are not that important.(elections in Sweeden? Who cares)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies