An American History of the Great Depression - A true story.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:13:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  An American History of the Great Depression - A true story.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: An American History of the Great Depression - A true story.  (Read 1188 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 19, 2009, 10:30:13 AM »

An AMERICAN history of the GREAT DEPRESSION!!!!

Introduction: 1928 - Was Coolidge responsible? The GREED of Wall Street, The CENTRALIZING State, Gold standard - how it was responsible for everything and nothing simulatenously. I'm a professional economist you know1.
Chapter 1: America in 1929: Black Monday. The panic. The Business Cycle. How politics does not exist when the government was not involved - except maybe it was. The American government anyway.
Chapter 2: The Development of the crisis in America2 - people losing their homes (*sob*), sentimental tear jerking stories about the Okies and the dustbowl and how people everywhere struggle to find inspiration in their lives.
Chapter 3: The response of Herbert Hoover in America - how he succeed/failed, did everything/nothing, how the presidency is responsible for everything according to the libertarians or not according to non-libertarians.
Chapter 4: Hoover caused the great depression. No Roosevelt did. No Hoover. Roosevelt. Hoover. Roosevelt. Hoover. Roosevelt. Hoover. Roosevelt. In America
Chapter 5: How Roosevelt saved the day and how this isn't state worship at all (or alternatively how Roosevelt destroyed the American economy and how blaming everything on one institution - the American government - isn't state worship at all). In America
Chapter 6: And how everything turned back to normal. In America. The End.
Epilogue: Oh yeah Hitler got elected OMG!!113. Take that Roosevelt/Hoover/Society/America.

Footnotes
1 This of course is very important. Historians be damned.
2 America trades with other countries and the world economy is interconnected. But this is of course of absolutely no importance. The Atlantic Ocean encircled the world at which America is at the centre. All other countries merely pay homage. Especially the Canadians. 
3 - The morality play aspects of this are purely unintentional and bare no resembalance to true events. Any personal resemblance to any person featured in this book living or dead is purely coincenidental.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 06:02:14 PM »

Not funny.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 05:39:58 AM »

Congratulations!

You failed to get the point. Well done.

I now have the right everytime you say anything on the great depression to link to this thread. This thread was made for people like you after all.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 10:42:59 AM »

I love you, Gully.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 12:32:25 PM »

Wow, this is actually pretty funny.......
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 07:11:22 AM »

Congratulations!

I now have the right everytime you say anything on the great depression to link to this thread. This thread was made for people like you after all.

No, try again.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 10:54:42 AM »

Congratulations!

No, try again.

So is there something with my thesis that offends you? Oh please tell me what it is... other than lack of humour. Which wasn't really the point.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 05:30:43 PM »

Lol funny.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies