Another Write in for Midwest
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:13:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Another Write in for Midwest
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Another Write in for Midwest  (Read 999 times)
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 20, 2009, 07:10:33 PM »

I've decided I will accept write in votes for Senator in the Midwest region. First I think masterjedi is a great guy and has a long history of government service.

But he just moved to the region after the qualifying deadline passed. He is not eligible to vote for Midwest Senate so it seems odd to me he can be elected to Midwest Senate. Perhaps it's all legit, and the Midwest couldn't find a better gentleman and statesman that he, but I have come to feel that regional senate seats should not be seats that one moves into quickly. They belong to the regions, and that should not be taken lightly.

I've lived in Atlasia for some time and was twice governor of the Southeast. I have also been vice president and the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. I moved to the Midwest months ago when folks in my region tacked "dirty" to its name, and I preferred to move to the Midwest, where all are smiling. I do need to brush up on events of late, but I will serve you with intelligence, but most of all, fairness.

Politically, I'm a new member of the Democratic Alliance, a social liberal and an economic moderate. I do believe in the importance of regions. I am open to major reform in Atlasia, but do feel strongly about keeping regions and that the fantasy politics government of a site dedicated to Presidential elections should indeed have a President, so I'm not sold on a parliamentary system. Other than that, I'm pretty open minded. Questions?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 07:25:12 PM »

I've already made an endorsement in this race...but still, best of luck to you Smiley
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 06:20:11 AM »

Grin
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 06:35:20 AM »

A bit late though, for the announcement eh?  Good luck though, I'd write you in if I could
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 12:33:59 PM »

I would have found room for you somewhere in the lower half of my ballot, but ahead of any other announced candidate, if I hadn't voted so early.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 12:37:58 PM »

Thanks to all. I obviously decided late, as things were progressing and as I cast my own vote. It's not a big deal, I just wanted to provide Midwesterners with an additional choice. I do promise to be an active Senator if elected.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 12:42:38 PM »

It's not a big deal, I just wanted to provide Midwesterners with an additional choice.
That was my logic in writing myself in as well.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Ah, here we part company.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies