look at these results (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:40:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  look at these results (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: look at these results  (Read 6656 times)
Yamor
Rookie
« on: November 09, 2008, 02:30:58 PM »

Ocean County, NJ?
Yamor
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 11:59:52 AM »

Far more likely that all the ultra-orthodox voted McCain, and it's other groupings who voted Obama.
Yamor
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 01:37:27 PM »

Yup, the one country in the world who weren't crazy for Obama was Israel.
I think that although the Jewish vote is generally Democratic, the ultra-orthodox are far more Republican. This time it was even more so, due to Obama being lighter on Iran, and also fears for his stand on the entire middle-east.
Yamor
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 02:04:06 PM »

And golders green, but there's more variation there, although traditionally they've supported the Conservatives, like the wider Jewish community. However, recently more ultra-orthodox have been voting Labour. With the obvious exception of Ken Livingstone.
Yamor
Rookie
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 05:10:07 AM »

Out of interest, where do you think there is a stronger representation of Jews - in the Conservative party or Labour? I've always thought the Conservatives had more, but even Labour have a couple of Jews actually in government, and the likely next leader of Labour is Jewish! Also, does that affect the Jewish vote at all? What about the guys running for to be councillers in Jewish areas, whom I presume are mostly Jewish themselves, does that affect the party they'd go for?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies