Republicans: Where do you honestly think Trump will be ranked by future historians? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:52:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans: Where do you honestly think Trump will be ranked by future historians? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republicans: Where do you honestly think Trump will be ranked by future historians?  (Read 1046 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 13, 2020, 09:41:43 AM »
« edited: July 13, 2020, 09:59:48 AM by Everything Was Forever, Until It Was No More »

We've seen NeverTrumpers here but no actual Trump supporters.

If he wins, I can see his supporters seeing him as a "top 5" by them by simply winning twice despite everything.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 11:20:31 AM »

I expect bottom 5. I would put him just below the median at this point.

That's honest.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 04:41:59 PM »

President Trump is definitely an "end-member of the spectrum". Democrats "worst nightmare" etc...

But interestingly, Donald will go down as one of the most powerful Presidents in modern US history.

His tactics with ignoring the media are a departure from the norm. Whereas Obama and Bush would make deals with the media and play the game, Trump will go down in history as the first President to ignore modern media and employ social media, in this case, Twitter, to message his constituents directly.

I initially expected this tactic to be fruitless, but it turned out to be quite a success.

Donald J Trump is also the wealthiest President, a TV personality so one would expect him to be remembered in history as the first "lying, stealing business manager" type to sneak through the political elite of the US and grab the torch.

This will have an impact in history on the nature of candidates to follow i.e. TV stars and wealthy billionaires.

Regardless of the whether the next elected President after Trump is Democrat or Republican, one would also expect the relationship with China to be more on US terms thanks to his aggressive posturing with Asian trading partners.

Historically, the epitaph of President Trump will come down to November 2020. If he is turfed out, then it will be deemed a failed experiment. If he is re-elected, then one could safely say that 8-year term Presidents are treated more kindly on their Wikipedia page.

The fact that no one could stop him would be significant. So much so, I think him getting re-elected in 20 will spell doom for Republicans in 22. Where will they be without Trump? Where were Republicans without either Karl Rove or President Obama? 2021 to 2025 will be very hard years for them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies