Ontario 2018 election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:35:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ontario 2018 election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ontario 2018 election  (Read 203114 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: December 09, 2017, 05:29:01 PM »

On top of that, I think Wynne is very abrasive and just rubs people the wrong way. She some across as very haughty and condescending and finger waving.

Which is all basically code for sexist double standards. Smiley
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 12:50:40 AM »

She's a woman who has been effective but slightly less than perfect. Seems to be a cardinal sin.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 11:52:42 AM »

Kids gloves? Wynne has done nothing particularly offensive. Parties face atmospheres of fatigue all the time, but rarely do their leaders experience the same sheer force of pure personal vitriol that Kathleen Wynne is facing. People aren’t “tired” of her—they hate her. A 14% approval rating for delivering generally popular policy initiatives isn’t just because of fatigue.

The situation is different for other women like Kim Campbell and Horwath because they never actually had to make any meaningful decisions. We haven’t had to find an excuse to criticize them for absolutely everything yet.

By all means, subject Kathleen Wynne to fair criticism. But most of what I hear is vague BS about her being out of touch, opportunistic, or politically correct. Not everyone who votes against the OLP is motivated or moved by sexism. But to say that’s it’s not a large factor is a deliberate exercise of ignorance.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 09:36:06 AM »

Who would give Doug a high-profile character endorsement...?

Anyone know Hurricane Hazel’s thoughts on this election?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 05:41:09 PM »

I desperately wish I could vote, but I've been gone too long and can't viably pretend I'm coming back. Kind of a bummer, since I'll still be paying back OSAP loans for decades and the election really does matter to me in that regard... but I guess that's how things go. I'd be voting in Mississauga—Lakeshore, which is a lost cause this time around (there's no way Sousa holds it, and also no way the  NDP wins here), but I'd still do anything to keep Ford away from the premiership.

Really hoping for an NDP majority.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 06:03:38 PM »

Doug Ford is saying nothing.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 04:52:58 AM »

It won’t happen.

We came so close to really helping liberate a whole generation of students from suffocating interest payments on student loans... and we blew it. All the Chicken Littlism from my conservative friends about an NDP government “tanking the economy” has been spreading. Yet they fail to accept how transformational it would be to give millenial university grads a real chance at a comfortable life in the GTA (not a luxury—it’s where the jobs are).

SMH. But actually.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 10:58:53 AM »

Makes me lose a lot of respect for her. If this was going to be an option for her final-week strategy, she should have given up six months ago and let the party choose someone else to take them into the election.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 11:16:34 PM »

Ugh.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies