The Office of Lumine (On the Future) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:21:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Lumine (On the Future) (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Office of Lumine (On the Future)  (Read 12812 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2017, 08:22:16 PM »

Endorsed. New here but already ready for change

Thank you very much!

Sépia is by far the best choice.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2017, 12:40:14 PM »

What is change?

Former President Lumine tours Utah and goes to Salt Lake City

Press Release: With the race for Prime Minister and House of Commons heating up, Former President Lumine visits Utah and speaks on the subject of leadership and change.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2017, 12:41:00 PM »

Thank you to you both, gentlemen! The campaign grows!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2017, 12:42:56 PM »

Updated Endorsements:

President Fhtagn (Fed)
Vice-President PiT (Fed)
Former President Tmthforu (Ind)
Former President Dfw (Fed)
Former President Leinad (Fed)
Former Acting President Kalwejt (C's)
Former Vice-President Rpryor (C's)
Former Senator Cris (C's)
Former Chief Justice Oakvale (C's)
SoIA Young Texan (Fed)
Assemblyman ReaganClinton (Fed)
Former Delegate TheSaint (Fed)
Mr. Wulfric (Ind)
Mr. computer09 (Fed)
Mr. SamTilden (C's)
Mr. wxtransit (C's)
Mr. DFL (C's)
Mr. Greedo The Hunter (Fed)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2017, 06:28:19 PM »

I shall keep it as brief as possible. I know Lumine very well from strategic games, and let me be blunt: as a moderator as well as player he screwed countless playable and non-playable parties. Now, why should I say such a thing about my leader? Why, it's simple. A good Prime Minister must be ready to screw enemies of the region. I saw Lumine screwing Russia. I saw him screwing Austria and, by God, it was brutal. I like and respect Kamala, but she just doesn't have a proven record on this crucial field, and we can't afford a PM on job training.

Lumine 2017: In your heart, you know he's ready to invade Austria
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2017, 07:19:01 PM »

Fighting for a Safer Fremont

Former President Lumine travels across Wyoming, Idaho and Montana

Press Release: Domestic security took center-stage in the Lumine Campaign today as the former President toured Wyoming, Idaho and Montana and put forward some thoughts and potential policies to keep the Commonwealth safer.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2017, 12:27:53 PM »

PR: Foiled Terror Plot

Press Release: Former President Lumine issued a statement from his Campaign HQ upon learning of the foiled terror plot in Los Angeles, as well as the remarks of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2017, 07:24:54 PM »

The Election Cometh

Press Release: Former President Lumine returned to Salt Lake City today for his final campaign event, expressing his hope on a strong performance after an active campaign for the Premiership.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2017, 10:37:27 AM »

Life Goes On

Press Release: Reaching 40% of the vote but eventually losing the race for Prime Minister, Former President Lumine offered a brief concession speech and congratulated the Prime Minister Elect.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2018, 10:12:05 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2018, 10:21:46 PM by Lumine »

Note: Out of respect for Michael Heseltine and because I've virtually exhausted all past and present pictures of him on the internet, I've decided to switch to John Major (as I did for some time in 2015) for some extended time.

"Once more unto the breach..."

Press Release: Having taken an extended time to relax and after leaving a new generation in charge of what is now the Alliance, former President Lumine has renewed his desire to run for office once again by running for Senate in the Commonwealth of Fremont.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2018, 03:34:05 AM »
« Edited: January 10, 2018, 03:40:40 AM by Lumine »

Reminiscing

Press Release: On his first campaign apperance, former President Lumine visisted Seattle today to unveil his campaign banner, a modified version of the logo he used on his historic senate run against Labor heavyweight TNF in the old Midwest Region.

The campaign banner was then showcased to those present:

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2018, 03:38:00 AM »

First: endorsed. You'll make a great senator with your experience and background, and you have great plans for Fremont.

Second: I didn't recognize him as John Major at first Wink

Mr. Chairman, Mr. Vice-Chairman, it's an honor.

Endorsed! I've always known Lumine to be full of good ideas, and even when we disagree (which obviously happens on several things Tongue) I know he does what he does because he believes it to be best for Atlasia--which is much more than can be said for some over the years.

My opinion obviously doesn't matter much (since I live in Lincoln nowadays--and have never lived in Fremont Tongue) but I encourage Fremonteers to vote Lumine for Senate!

Thank you, Leinad, those words mean a lot to me.

While we may not always agree, and may not have had the best relations over the last few months, I am excited to see that you are getting back in the game and running! While I cannot vote in Fremont, you have my endorsement! You are truly a wonderful choice to promote the best for Atlasia, and I encourage Fremont voters, no matter their party affiliation, to vote for you!

Madame President, my sincere thanks and gratitude.

I’m honored to endorse you Cheesy I hope you win we need more moderates in Congress.

Thank you, Greedo!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2018, 02:11:21 AM »
« Edited: January 11, 2018, 02:24:41 AM by Lumine »

North Korea: "The time is right to support the PRK"

Press Release: Speaking on foreign affairs at length on a campaign stop in Phoenix, Arizona, former President Lumine took the time to discuss the present situation of the North Korean Civil War, arguing the time was right for decisive action in supporting the PRK, while warning of the potential for a Chinese takeover.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2018, 02:19:56 AM »

Lumine: "It's time to confirm an AG"

Press Release: Former President Lumine took some time off the start of the campaign to speak to reporters about the current confirmation hearings for Attorney General, expressing his support for the confirmation of Representative Oakvale as soon as possible.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2018, 02:20:46 AM »

This is great news for all of Atlasia.

All the best in your campaign.

My sincere thanks, gentlemen!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2018, 11:44:26 PM »

Law and Order:

Press Release: Today, at a campaign stop in Alaska former President Lumine took some time to address the latest controversy pertaining now former Senator Young Texan, as well as briefly discuss law and order issues and a general stance on them.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2018, 10:24:27 PM »

Thank you very much!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2018, 05:20:52 PM »

A Time for Reflection:

Press Release: Increasingly concerned about the current state of Atlasia and the lack of a Presidential field, former President Lumine announced an exploratory committee for the duration of his current vacation, to explore whether Atlasians would prefer that he ran for President to provide an alternative.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2018, 09:07:15 PM »
« Edited: January 23, 2018, 09:11:45 PM by Lumine »

Things are moving way too fast today!

Seriously, I decided to get back online for a few minutes and it was a bit of a shock. As it's been revealed there is a serious candidate for the Alliance and that other challengers may arise as well it's clear the situation may not be as critical, or, at least, that people now feel pressed to react.

So on that note, I can happily suspend such an exploratory committee (having made at least some necessary impact) and get back to my candidacy for Senate. I'll continue to make my points on the current state of the game from there.

On a final note, it is more than necessary to pay tribute to outgoing First Minister Kamala, the gods know Fremont will miss her.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2018, 06:15:45 PM »

While we may not agree on a lot of economic or foreign policy positions we need reformed minded senators that are dedicated to improving this game and fighting for real tangible reform that will lead to greater engagement and activity. Endorsed!

Thank you very much, 1184AZ, I appreciate that sentiment! And best of luck in the Governor race.

I too commend you on your plans for reform of Atlasia. This is the kind of forward thinking we need, and if elected President I will enact many of these reforms. I hope we can work together to help restore Atlasia and give Atlasia the change it needs.

Thank you very much Senator! I'm pleased to see candidates take up some of the proposals outlined in my reform plans.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2018, 01:48:53 AM »
« Edited: February 07, 2018, 01:51:13 AM by Lumine »

The Battle Goes On:

1. A New Opponent:

2. The Labor Manifesto:

3. Looking to the Future

Lumine.

Note: I acknowledge that, thankfully, my opponent also shares a belief in internationalism. But since non-interventionist and isolationist policies are so prominent nowadays, I can't pass up in discussing that particular matter (which greatly annoys me).
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2018, 03:56:29 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2018, 11:40:08 PM by Lumine »

I am glad to inform you that your candidacy for Senate has received the official endorsement by the Alliance Party.

Not from Fremont but wholeheartedly endorsed!

Excellent news, gentlemen, thank you!

Presidential Endorsement:

The issue of the current presidential election has drawn some considerable doubts on my behalf, as the task of selecting what I believe is the best choice for Atlasia has proven tough and full of multiple considerations. I happen to believe Atlasia is very much on the wrong path (a sentiment a vast majority of Atlasians from left to right agree with) and to pretend the status quo is currently working is a delusion, an irresponsible one at that. I also believe change for the sake of change is not exactly the best way to govern a nation, and a concerted attempt to build a different Atlasia is necessarily not just defined by the White House changing hands.

And upon pondering on my conscience, a decision has finally dawned on me. I will not endorse, preference or vote for* any of the three tickets for the Presidential Election.

This as a sign of personal protest to the apparent consensus on foreign policy on behalf of all three tickets, a shared non-interventionist platform and belief which I disagree with in principle, and which I believe to be misguided when it comes to the particular matter of the Korean Civil War.

The presidential tickets all have their own strengths and proposals I agree with, and are headed by individuals I either respect or have the privilege to count as friends. For instance, I support the President's commitment to fiscal conservatism, I wholeheartedly approve of Pericles's strong support for actual Game Reform, and consider Spiral not only a friend, but a man of profound courage and skill who is more than qualified to serve as President of Atlasia.

This is also not to be misconstrued as a rebuke of the party I am a member of. It is merely a personal statement that expresses my belief Atlasia requires a different foreign policy, and no ticket appears to offer an alternative I can support in good conscience. I'll consider a satiric write-in for Michael Heseltine and Fernando Collor de Mello, but that will come upon further reflection.

Note:
*Statement modified upon personal consideration.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2018, 12:08:05 AM »

Onwards to Victory:

My fellow Atlasians,

Quite a fantastic campaign we've had over the past few weeks, it has been an honest privilege to campaign across this Commonwealth of ours once again and speak up on the issues I'm truly passionate about. Over the past campaign stops I have taken my time to discuss at length important issues for Atlasia that range from the economy to justice, foreign policy and game reform, along with the outlook I desire to bring to the Senate.

The challenge upon us is not a minor one. Atlasia is in need of bold, active officeholders with ideas to improve the situation of our nation, and the passion to fight for their implementation. If, when the smoke clears I am indeed the next Senator for the Fremont Region, I shall endevaour to reward that trust by fighting for meaningful, responsible reform across this country, to speak out regardless of how popular or not one's views might be, to remain vigilant to ensure Atlasia has a more transparent government and our democratic institutions work.

Off to the polls we go, and I encourage all the people of Fremont to go to excercise their civic duty and vote, and ensure participation (always a sign of a healthy democracy) remains as high as it should be.

Onwards we go, to victory!

(I hope)

Lumine.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2018, 01:12:33 AM »

Senator-Elect Lumine:

Press Release: After a hard fought battle for Fremont Senate, now Senator-Elect Lumine (certified as winning 68% of the vote) celebrated victory and delivered a speech to supporters at his Campaign HQ in Salt Lake City, Utah.

"The harder match'd, the greater victory:
My mind presageth happy gain and conquest"

(Spoken by Edward IV before the battle of Barnet,
Henry VI Part III, Shakespeare)

Senator-Elect Lumine.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2018, 10:34:56 AM »

Congratulations, Mr. Senator-elect. It will be a pleasure to finally serve alongside you to represent Fremont.

Thank you, First Minister!

Congrats on your Senate victory! I look forward to seeing the amazing work you'll do!

Madam President, thank you very much. And congratulations on your reelection as well!

Congratulations my fellow Fremont Senator. Great to see you in the Senate doing Fremont proud. I look forward to working with you, and have a great term!

Thank you, Pericles! It will be fascinating to work with you on the Senate indeed. Let's see if the can push for some much needed game reform!

There isn't anyone I'd rather see in my Senate seat. I know Fremont will be in good hands with your representation in the Senate. I'm so happy for you Lumine. Congrats!

Words can hardly express how significant that is to hear, Siren, and I'm sure the Senate and Fremont will miss you dearly. Thank you!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies