Post Random Maps Here 2.0.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 12:31:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Post Random Maps Here 2.0.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 80
Author Topic: Post Random Maps Here 2.0.  (Read 209279 times)
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1475 on: April 21, 2018, 06:35:51 PM »

Slot Machine with the EVC tool.

morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1476 on: April 21, 2018, 09:33:09 PM »

yeah I am surprised at how many majorities there. Each candidate only had a pularity in like 5-6 states
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1477 on: April 21, 2018, 10:45:01 PM »

yeah I am surprised at how many majorities there. Each candidate only had a pularity in like 5-6 states
I was making a blue Dems/red GOP joke, but all right.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1478 on: April 21, 2018, 10:50:20 PM »

I was making a blue Dems/red GOP joke, but all right.

Oh whoops lol. I literally would have never even had a hint of that meaning. Still a interesting observation I never realized until today though just how many states both sides have pretty much have locked in support no matter who the candidate is and that only like ten states really matter in the long run
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1479 on: April 22, 2018, 10:09:25 AM »

Time for another alternative matchup.  This one is the 1968 presidential election, assuming that RFK had survived assassination and won the Democratic nomination. 

I've paired Kennedy with Senator Eugene McCarthy of Minnesota.  Also, I've tweaked the Republican ticket a bit; instead of Spiro Agnew of Maryland, the GOP goes with Governor John Volpe of Massachusetts as Richard Nixon's running mate. 

To wit:

Senator Robert F. Kennedy (D-NY)/Senator Eugene McCarthy (D-MN): 313 EVs
VP Richard Nixon (R-CA)/Governor John Volpe (R-MA): 225 EVs

Six years after the assassination of John F. Kennedy (in November of 1963), "Camelot" will be back in the White House. 
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1480 on: April 22, 2018, 01:15:13 PM »

2020 Republican Primary

After heavy losses in 2018, Republican approval for the scandal plagued Donald Trump began to fall, to the point where newly minted Senator of Utah Mitt Romney began polling ahead of Trump in several key states. By August of 2019, after facing several protests from people in rural farming states due to the Trade Wars of 2018 and 2019, Romney held double digit leads in Iowa and New Hampshire and began to close in on the incumbent in nationwide polls. Romney, however, proved to be an imperfect candidate for the moment, opening himself up several times to harsh criticism and made gaffes along the way which Trump exploited. Despite the farming disasters of 2019, when January came along Trump managed a 7 point win in Iowa, more than expected. Romney's campaign felt like it was falling apart, with Trump gaining a double digit lead in the polls in New Hampshire, but Romney's organization in the state and Trump's inability to show empathy when news reports came out about the death of a young girl at the hands of white supremacists in the state allowed Romney to stage a major comeback and win New Hampshire by five. The bases of the two candidates began to show, Trump ran away with wide margins in the South and largely did well in the rust belt, while Romney dominated in the West. Several points in the campaign became potential turning points - Romney's surprise win in Nevada thanks to mormons and urban voters, Trump's victory in the state of Texas, Romney upsetting Trump in Illinois and Wisconsin, but ultimately landed in Trump's favor after his surprise win in the state of Nebraska, a state where farming groups organized heavily against Trump. Romney held on, claiming he would wipe out Trump's delegate lead in California, but Romney's win in California proved too small (Romney only beat Trump by 6 points and his support largely focused in urban centers) to do so.

President Donald J. Trump (R-NY) - 55.7%
Senator W. Mitt Romney (R-UT) - 43.2%
Host of InfoWars Alex Jones (R-TX) - 1.1%
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1481 on: April 22, 2018, 08:16:02 PM »

Fmr. Sec. Hillary Clinton (D-NY)/Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA) - 314 EVs - 49.75 %

Mr. Donald Trump (R-NY)/Gov. Mike Pence (R-IN) - 224 EVs - 45.32%
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #1482 on: April 23, 2018, 05:08:35 PM »

For IA Governor, 2018

Sen. Nate Boulton (D - Columbus Junction) — 53.1% ✓
Gov. Kimberly Reynolds (R - St. Charles) — 47.8%
Others — 0.1%

Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1483 on: April 23, 2018, 07:05:58 PM »

That County map makes no sense.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #1484 on: April 24, 2018, 08:12:28 AM »

Based off a 2016 game from here: https://www.americanhistoryusa.com/campaign-trail/

Former Sec. of State Hillary Clinton / Senator Cory Booker: 354 EV
Mr. Donald Trump / Huh: 184 EV

Clinton embraces several progressive positions, and even goes as far as to pledge to only serve one term. Trump collapses at a rally only days before the election, causing many to question his health. Closest states are Utah (8,000 votes), Alaska, Montana, Arizona, Texas, Georgia, Indiana, and SC.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1485 on: April 24, 2018, 06:40:40 PM »

Based off a 2016 game from here: https://www.americanhistoryusa.com/campaign-trail/

Mr. Donald Drumpf / Huh: 184 EV

Clinton embraces several progressive positions, and even goes as far as to pledge to only serve one term. Drumpf collapses at a rally only days before the election, causing many to question his health. Closest states are Utah (8,000 votes), Alaska, Montana, Arizona, Texas, Georgia, Indiana, and SC.

I got a result similar to that once on that game with Clinton/Castro following a very similar progressive campaign (minus Trump collapsing and the one term pledge) and got the same map plus Arizona. I haven't been able to replicate it since though. I think I got lucky with the debate question where Trump absolutely humiliated himself.
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1486 on: April 24, 2018, 06:44:21 PM »

Clinton embraces several progressive positions, and even goes as far as to pledge to only serve one term. Drumpf collapses at a rally only days before the election, causing many to question his health. Closest states are Utah (8,000 votes), Alaska, Montana, Arizona, Texas, Georgia, Indiana, and SC.

I got a result similar to that once on that game with Clinton/Castro following a very similar progressive campaign (minus Trump collapsing and the one term pledge) and got the same map plus Arizona. I haven't been able to replicate it since though. I think I got lucky with the debate question where Trump absolutely humiliated himself.

The debate question actually gives you a different result depending on which of the 3 options you pick. You can cheat and figure out which is which by using inspect element on google chrome (though you have to memorize which id number goes with which result, since the id number that shows up is the only bit of information inspect element gives you).
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1487 on: April 24, 2018, 06:46:25 PM »

I got a result similar to that once on that game with Clinton/Castro following a very similar progressive campaign (minus Drumpf collapsing and the one term pledge) and got the same map plus Arizona. I haven't been able to replicate it since though. I think I got lucky with the debate question where Drumpf absolutely humiliated himself.

The debate question actually gives you a different result depending on which of the 3 options you pick. You can cheat and figure out which is which by using inspect element on google chrome (though you have to memorize which id number goes with which result, since the id number that shows up is the only bit of information inspect element gives you).

I didn't know about that ability to cheat. I already knew that each of the three debate questions  gave one of three results though. When I said that I got lucky, I meant that I got the one that is positive for my campaign.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1488 on: April 24, 2018, 08:16:51 PM »

Supplementing my dumb meme presidents thing

2036:
Senator Leigh (OK) / Governor Emily Peebleton (NC)
VP Nikki Haley / Representative Elise Stefanik (NY)

2040:
Governor Laura "Koopette" (IA) / Governor Joanna Campbell (IL)
President Leigh (OK) / Vice President Emily Peebleton (NC)

2044:
President Laura "Koopette" (IA) / Vice President Joanna Campbell (IL)
IDK two centrists or something

Former VP Peebs / Senator Weather Boy
VP Joanna Campbell / Governor W.X. Transit

The election comes down to SC, which, thanks to the selection of popular senator Weather Boy as VP, goes to Peebs by only 4,973 votes.

that's it for now.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1489 on: April 24, 2018, 10:36:01 PM »

Sen. Hector Rosen (D-TN)/Sen. Maureen Couch (D-AZ) - 323 EVs - 51.2%

Sen. Chloe Ames (R-PA)/Fmr. Gov. Tim Xiu (R-FL) - 215 EVs - 47.6%

Pres. Hector Rosen (D-TN)/Vice Pres. Maureen Couch (D-AZ) - 392 EVs - 54.7%

Fmr. Sen. John Douglas (R-OH)/Sen. Allie Martin-Sheerman (R-ND) - 146 EVs - 44.2%

Vice Pres. Maureen Couch (D-AZ)/Gov. Rodrigo Marquez (D-VA) - 293 EVs - 48.56%

Fmr. Gov. Aaron Miller (R-NE)/Fmr. Sen. Sharon Shue (R-MT) - 245 EVs - 48.38%

Sen. Samuel Torrence (R-GA)/Rep. Jeri Callers (R-WV) - 271 EVs - 46.28%

Vice Pres. Rodrigo Marquez (D-VA)/Gov. Joan MacKnight (D-NM) - 267 EVs - 50.04%
Independents for Nihilism
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #1490 on: April 25, 2018, 12:01:31 AM »

Inspired by a thread about 2044 maps:

Pres. Donald J. Trump (R-NY) / VP. Mike Pence (R-IN): 169 EVs - 38.95%
Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-VT) / Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA): 367 EVs - 45.25%
Fmr. Gov. John Kasich (R-OH) / Fmr. Gov. John Hickenlooper (D-CO) (Running under Serve America Movement): 2 EVs - 11.55%

Trump survives his term but he can't hold his base together against not just a Democratic ticket that unites progressives as well as the Democratic establishment, but also a moderate unity ticket attempting to undermine the perceived extremism of both major party nominees. As it happens, Americans prefer populism to the two guys their dad likes, and despite polling just well enough to enter each debate, Kasichlooper ultimately accomplishes little but to split the centre-right vote and give Sanders an electoral college margin that exceeds even that of Barack Obama in 2008.

President Sanders suffers a massive stroke and passes away on September 6th, 2022, two days short his 81st Birthday, highlighting the risk of electing a president pushing 80 in the first place. Newly-sworn-in President Kamala Harris selects Senator Robert "Beto" O'Rourke of Texas as her Vice President.

Pres. Kamala Harris (D-CA) / VP. Robert "Beto" O'Rourke (D-TX): 301 EVs - 46.90%
Fmr. Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) / Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL): 234 EVs - 45.10%
Fmr. Lt. Gov. David Zuckerman (G-VT) / Fmr. State Rep. Henry John Bear (G-ME): 3 EVs - 5.55%

Despite Paul Ryan returning from the dead and attempting to reconstruct the "sensible conservative" coalition, President Harris is able to win a term in her own right. Specifically, the only term she's entitled to win as she served just over two years of Sanders'. Due to Harris being perceived as an establishment Democrat unconcerned with states outside of the southwest, former Vermont Lieutenant Governor David Zuckerman is able to position himself as the true heir to Bernie Sanders' progressive policies (or specifically those which appeal to rural northeastern voters) and manages to win his home state and a smattering of dissatisfied millennials across the nation. While it doesn't affect the outcome of the election, the greater-than-usual popularity of the Green ticket manages to prevent the upset of the century: Texas remains republican by a margin of under 3,000 votes, a fraction of the roughly 140,000 Zuckerman received in that state. Elsewhere margins were not quite as close, and as such Georgia went for the Democratic candidate for the first time in over 30 years.

VP. Robert "Beto" O'Rourke (D-TX) / Sen. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI): 264 EVs - 48.75%
Fmr. Gov. Nikki Haley (R-SC) / Sen. Ben Sasse (R-NE): 274 EVs - 48.85%

Nikki Haley was more or less the only person to escape the Trump administration with their reputation intact, so intact in fact that she was able to beat the first Democrat to carry Texas in 50 years, and in appropriately Trumpian fashion: by flipping the rust belt. The majority of O'Rourke's gains were offset by losses in the north and southeast, perhaps showing some difficulty connecting to certain demographics. It was not yet enough to completely disrupt the map, however; MN, OR and LA each went to the same party as in 2024, but by margins of under 15,000 votes each.

In September 2031, the coastlines of New Jersey and New York were devastated by Hurricane Melchizedek, the largest and deadliest to ever make landfall in the United States. Faced with damage almost reminiscent of the terrorist attacks 30 years prior, the Haley administration delivered sweeping aid to the 8,000,000+ affected and was vindicated in the eyes of even the most skeptical in its decision to pass significant environmental regulation.

Pres. Nikki Haley (R-SC) / VP. Ben Sasse (R-NE): 285 EVs - 49.01%
Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ)/ Sen. John Bel Edwards (D-LA): 253 EVs - 47.86%

It was too little, too late for the man once dubbed the next Barack Obama. Despite a strong campaign, he was fighting an uphill battle against a popular incumbent. It's a testament to Booker's strength as a candidate, or perhaps the partisanship of the electorate, that the results are as close as they are regardless. Ultimately, his gains in the south couldn't account for losses the north, and as the winds of demographic change giveth, so do they taketh away.

TO BE CONTINUED

CONTINUED

VP. Ben Sasse (R-NE) / Sen. Ludmya "Mia" Love (R-UT): 233 EVs - 46.57%
Sen. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) / Sen. Joseph P. Kennedy III (D-MA): 305 EVs - 50.80%

Biding her time after the 2028 election with the knowledge that the 2032 Democratic candidate would likely be a sacrificial lamb, Tulsi Gabbard returned with a vengeance in 2036 and was able to pull together a successful coalition of the centre and the left giving her the first popular vote majority since Barack Obama. While her still-unorthodox positions appealed to growing urban populations in the south, ongoing resentment towards regulations which increasingly affected blue-collar and tech-sector Americans prevented much growth in the northeast, even with running mate Joe Kennedy III's family name still carrying sway in New England.

2037 would bring renewed conflict in the Middle East as festering conflicts between the spheres of influence of Saudi Arabia, Iran and an independent Kurdistan (the latter with the support of Israel). The Gabbard administration would bring the US into its first Middle Eastern engagement since the brief attempted re-stabilization of Syria in 2019. While the boots-on-the-ground rather than drones-in-the-air nature of the affair was naturally unpopular, President Gabbard was able to successfully portray the intervention as support of US allies rather than yet another proxy war, no small part in thanks to the deft diplomacy of Sec. State Kander with Russia in avoiding an invasion of Azerbaijan. With talk of peace and cessation of troop deployments beginning in July 2040, the stage was set for that November.

Pres. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) / VP. Joseph P. Kennedy III (D-MA): 293 EVs - 50.02%
Fmr. Gov. Michael Gallagher (R-WI) / Fmr. Gov. George P. Bush (R-TX): 245 EVs - 47.55%

The recent military engagement didn't come to dominate the general election as much as one would expect. Its relative success made it easier for it to be ignored by the populace and led to Pres. Gabbard having to once again prove herself to the electorate, despite having already done so four years prior and with significant proof laying on the table for all to see. The domestic situation appeared to have soured slightly, and it was easy for local voices to cite spikes in unemployment and inflation as proof that the president was neglecting the homefront.

Many believed Pres. Gabbard had met her match in the previous governor of Wisconsin, Mike Gallagher. Clearly a product of a primary season in which he was able to tout military experience qualifying him for leadership in wartime, though as that situation calmed Gallagher was quick to cite his five degrees and consummate experience in the public and private sectors culminating in two blowout victories in Gubernatorial elections and an unflinching commitment to fiscal conservatism touted as the cure to the country's ills. The softening of his rhetoric through the general campaign did little to appeal to the middle, however, as the truest believers among the right viewed Gallagher as a flip-flopper and those in the middle viewed him as lacking a vision distinct from Pres. Gabbard. The superificial similarity between the two nominees may have been what led undecided voters to keep Pres. Gabbard in office, choosing an agreeable candidate with a proven track record over an equally agreeable candidate with a less proven one.

Additionally, talk turned to the bottom halves of each ticket, scions of political families many believed represented a bygone generation. Many also viewed each VP pick as a hail-Mary to demographics with whom each candidate had lost ground: Latinos for the Republicans and north-easterners for the Democrats. The presence of a Bush in particular on the ticket may have been what brought back an almost-forgotten curse: the election in Florida dragged on well into the night, with the state unable to be given a decisive call until 5:30 am on Wednesday the 7th, citing mix-ups of counts between paper and electronic ballots. Ultimately, the state of Florida and the presidency it often conferred, was decided by 3061 votes, a lead which grew slightly from that reported prior to recounts.

TO BE FURTHER CONTINUED
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #1491 on: April 25, 2018, 09:57:34 AM »

^^ Cool story, Kander 44!
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #1492 on: April 25, 2018, 10:02:08 AM »

Hillary Rodham Clinton
Donald J. Trump
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1493 on: April 25, 2018, 11:10:44 AM »

Hillary Rodham Clinton
Donald J. Trump
Utah should probably be D>30
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #1494 on: April 25, 2018, 12:12:15 PM »

Donald Trump (D-NY)/Mike Pence (D-IN) 318 EVs
Hillary Clinton (R-NY)/Tim Kaine (R-VA) 220 EVs
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1495 on: April 25, 2018, 02:25:19 PM »

lol what? If Trump ran as a Democrat he wouldn't be winning Wyoming or Idaho, and probably not Alabama or Oklahoma either.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #1496 on: April 25, 2018, 02:30:43 PM »

lol what? If Trump ran as a Democrat he wouldn't be winning Wyoming or Idaho, and probably not Alabama or Oklahoma either.
ur missing the point lol
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1497 on: April 25, 2018, 05:58:03 PM »

ur missing the point lol
Those colors have no place in atlas!
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #1498 on: April 26, 2018, 12:36:55 PM »

Fmr. Secy. Delaine McClenachan (California) / Sen. Yannick Vosberg (North Carolina) - 270, 48.4%
Vice Pres. Andrew Berwick (New York) / Rep. Patricia Franko (Idaho) - 265, 48.4%
Gov. Nadia Lincoln (Alaska) / Businessman Marshall Bessinger (New York) - 3 votes, 1.0%

Pres. Delaine McClenachan (California) / Vice Pres. Yannick Vosberg (North Carolina) - 441, 56.7%
Businessman Marshall Bessinger (New York) / Professor Court Pinkerton - 97, 39.9%

Vice Pres. Yannick Vosberg (North Carolina) / Gov. Mireya Belmont (New Jersey) - 295, 51.1%
Businessman Marshall Bessinger (New York) / Professor Court Pinkerton - 243, 47.3%

Pres. Yannick Vosberg (North Carolina) / Vice Pres. Mireya Belmont (New Jersey) - 281, 49.7%
Gov. Cate Talbot Ashton (Michigan) / Sen. Gonzalo Saavedra (California) - 257, 49.0%

Gov. Cate Talbot Ashton (Michigan) / Mayor Ogochukwu Onyiri (Texas) - 403, 57.0%
Mayor Ellen Gabrielleschi (New York) / Sen. Eric Belew (Michigan) - 257, 41.2%
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #1499 on: April 26, 2018, 01:25:52 PM »

So how does Vice President Berwick show up? It would be very interesting to show us the 1980, 1984 and 1988 election maps in your scenario
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies