Golden Dawn fills law and order vacuum in austerity-ravaged Greece (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:42:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Golden Dawn fills law and order vacuum in austerity-ravaged Greece (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Golden Dawn fills law and order vacuum in austerity-ravaged Greece  (Read 3237 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« on: October 02, 2012, 03:25:38 PM »

But guys, we can't vote SYRIZA because that would be the end of Greece!

This article reminds me of some posters before the last election.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 11:27:30 PM »

People are rewarding competence. The same reason people turn to the mafia. I assume everyone here has seen The Godfather. Where is SYRIZA? Where are the communists? Why aren't they providing the same services? This is the same reason why the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas took over the Middle East. They actually, you know, helped people. Elections aren't everything. If they wanted an alternative to Golden Dawn, the left ought to get out there and organize.
SYRIZA has actually been helping people... and that's why they'll probably win the next snap election.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 09:37:39 PM »

http://pogoprinciple.wordpress.com/2012/10/09/open-letter-to-mr-tsipras-you-call-that-a-ing-plan/
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 08:45:47 PM »

Even if Syriza wanted to do something like what the article suggests, the vaguest hint from Syriza that they would act like that in office would pretty much prevent them from ever getting elected.
I think the hints that they were going to default were pretty obvious, hence why their high support.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies